These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

loot scattering mechanic

First post
Author
Janek666
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-06-02 22:02:18 UTC
I got a question regarding Kronos patch notes, exploration section. What are those "loot scattering mechanics"? Is it the relic/data site looting system? If yes, what kind of adjustments will be made to loottables? This patch note is very enigmatic and I would like to know what kind of changes will be done.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#2 - 2014-06-02 23:32:41 UTC
Loot spew is being removed and loot tables are going down to about 70% of current.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Janek666
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-06-03 07:37:12 UTC
Thank you :)
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#4 - 2014-06-03 08:07:32 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Loot spew is being removed and loot tables are going down to about 70% of current.

Well that didn't last long. Unsurprisingly!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Swiftstrike1
Swiftstrike Incorporated
#5 - 2014-06-03 08:13:19 UTC
Given that this is perhaps the least popular and most gimmicky gameplay mechanic since walking in stations, I am not surprised it is getting axed. The CSM is better than nothing, but 13 players' opinions are far from representative of the entire playerbase.

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

Janek666
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-06-03 08:50:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Janek666
TBH I like the mechanic as it is, it is (was) one of the somewhat fresh things in EvE.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#7 - 2014-06-03 09:27:58 UTC
Swiftstrike1 wrote:
Given that this is perhaps the least popular and most gimmicky gameplay mechanic since walking in stations, I am not surprised it is getting axed. The CSM is better than nothing, but 13 players' opinions are far from representative of the entire playerbase.

To be fair, there were dozens of testers who said that it was a bad mechinac and needed to be scrapped when it was still on Sisi before odyssey was released.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

CCP Bayesian
#8 - 2014-06-03 10:02:00 UTC
There's more info on the changes and the discussion with players in this thread:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=345924

EVE Software Engineer Team Space Glitter

w3ak3stl1nk
Hedion University
#9 - 2014-06-03 10:15:27 UTC
I liked it also, felt like there was thought behind the choice

Is that my two cents or yours?