These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Blueprint data adjustments thread

First post First post
Author
Seith Kali
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#261 - 2014-06-02 19:06:19 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:
Little groups in low sec also heavily rely on Jump freighters to get our hulls to our homes.

Which goes to show what I mean. They are perfectly suited to providing small scale logistics, but woefully inadequate for bloc level needs in post-dominion Eve.

Apprentice Goonswarm Economic Warfare Consultant - Drowning in entitlement and privilege. 

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#262 - 2014-06-02 19:12:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Gilbaron
Quote:

(What *is* the life expectancy difference between East and West Germany?)

Mortality been lower in eastern Germany for quite a while, went down even further directly after the unification (the young women left and the young men bought faster cars and crashed into trees)

It's now almost the same for women, but us men in western Germany are still expected to live one year longer.
Ranamar
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#263 - 2014-06-02 19:58:27 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:
Little groups in low sec also heavily rely on Jump freighters to get our hulls to our homes.

It's not just low sec. I'm in a relatively small nullsec alliance (even if we *are* backstopped by a coalition of much larger alliances) living in the ass end of Catch, and jump fuel prices are a negligible part of the local price of any hull more expensive than a T1 cruiser. BCs are significantly more expensive than cruisers while T2 frigates are sufficiently smaller that it cancels out them being cheaper than BCs. T1 destroyers are just about the worst, with transport costs being close to 50% of the price. Mods are also trivial to bring in, to the point that, if we couldn't use a JF, we would blops bridge blockade runners full of them in.

Furthermore, the quantity of stuff we ship in is necessary because I suspect that we are actually incapable of producing the raw materials for all the stuff we consume, even ignoring T2 moon materials and assuming unlimited slots. If it were better to produce locally, I think we would still be shipping a significant part of our building materials in.
Angelina Duvolle
Homeworld Technologies
#264 - 2014-06-02 21:52:11 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Generally we are just unhappy with the state of power projection, the ease of logistics, and the way those things feed into the size of coalitions.

However the size, scope, and power generated by this kind of power projection as well as the size of the coalitions involved, are what generate the type of content (B-R) that feeds the CCP marketing machine. I don't think you'll see PC Gamer covering skirmish 732893 of the day between 30 pilots.

Not saying that is good or bad, just interesting to consider.

I think that is what's called, being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#265 - 2014-06-02 22:25:58 UTC
As was said before, nerfing JF isn't going to bother Goons, PL, N3 etc. They are so big they just don't ******* care. We can organize 50-100 JF if needed. Most of the time when we move, there are a few Titans and maybe a SC or 2 moving that can take a crap ton of ships, plus guys bring JF along and we make JF trips several times a day

UPS would be impressed by the logistical prowess of the large coalitions

If it cost more, we won't even notice, but the small guys will be crippled
If it is more tedious, we will complain, but ask for help and we get it easily, again the little guy gets crushed

Imagine you nerf JF and the one poor bastard in a small lowsec alliance with a JF, you make his life friggin hell
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#266 - 2014-06-02 23:21:20 UTC
Innominate wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:

This is a good argument. Generally we are just unhappy with the state of power projection, the ease of logistics, and the way those things feed into the size of coalitions.

You've got your cause and effect backwards.

The coalitions are the natural result of dominion sovereignty and the nullsec income model. Power projection and logistics don't create them, they are just a necessary feature of the coalitions. Neither are easy either, both require countless man hours doing painfully boring work. As long as the mechanics demanding the coalitions exist, the demands of power projection and logistics will also exist.

Making them harder doesn't stop people from doing them, it just reduces the number of groups able to compete. Years of increasing difficulty(both due to game mechanics, and to players getting better at their jobs) have reduced the number of groups who can operate at the top level to two. Further difficulty will eventually result in one of these groups cracking and the predicted blue doughnut will become a reality.

As long as number of systems owned translates directly into income, large sprawling coalitions must exist. The only effect difficulty has on things is how many disparate groups are able to exist.

The answer to the coalitions is to eliminate their necessity by fixing the sovereignty and income mechanics that demand their existence. They are already an enormous amount of work to maintain, all that is needed to break them up is to change the mechanics that require them to exist.

This is incredibly well said, and a point that seems to be continually missed over the years by the devs.
TheAdj
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#267 - 2014-06-03 02:26:14 UTC
blackpatch wrote:
Kazanir wrote:

I ran Goonswarm's jump freighter service for 3 years.

More like you ran it for one year, burnt out in a manner normally reserved for Type II supernovas, and subcontracted it to a handful of dimwitted peons thereafter

He burned so bright all the chairs in 3 LY radius spontaneously exploded
digi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#268 - 2014-06-03 02:31:30 UTC
TheAdj wrote:
blackpatch wrote:
Kazanir wrote:

I ran Goonswarm's jump freighter service for 3 years.

More like you ran it for one year, burnt out in a manner normally reserved for Type II supernovas, and subcontracted it to a handful of dimwitted peons thereafter

He burned so bright all the chairs in 3 LY radius spontaneously exploded

I gave a presentation on Jump Freighters once. I was really excited about Jump Freighters.

Also, Kazanir is the fattest chair buster that ever busted a chair.
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#269 - 2014-06-03 11:20:47 UTC
...aaaaand now we're back on topic again. Right? :)

I'm working on wrangling a few minor issues, new csv this week hopefully.
Seith Kali
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#270 - 2014-06-03 12:02:23 UTC
Right you are buddy. So when are you fixing sov?

Apprentice Goonswarm Economic Warfare Consultant - Drowning in entitlement and privilege. 

Seith Kali
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#271 - 2014-06-03 12:07:26 UTC
Ok, seriously though. Once you are done wrangling would you be so kind as to reply to this? It is fairly pressing.

CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#272 - 2014-06-03 12:46:34 UTC
Seith Kali wrote:
Ok, seriously though. Once you are done wrangling would you be so kind as to reply to this? It is fairly pressing.

Waiting for the relevant person to be back in the office.
Sales Alt negrodamus
Sanctuary of Shadows
#273 - 2014-06-03 16:16:19 UTC
Now that Kronos is deployed, can we get an ETA for Crius on sisi so we can test the incredibly large volume of knobs and wheels you've turned?
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#274 - 2014-06-03 16:49:33 UTC
Sales Alt negrodamus wrote:
Now that Kronos is deployed, can we get an ETA for Crius on sisi so we can test the incredibly large volume of knobs and wheels you've turned?

They said a few weeks ago, they are shooting for Jun 15th for everything to be on SiSi

No, I won't post a link cause ~effort
Throwaway Sam Atild
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#275 - 2014-06-04 01:37:02 UTC
Me again. More math, more module complaints.

Taking a look at a rank 15.6 T2 module, which is pretty consistent with my examples in the past (warp scrambler, adaptive invul, 10mn afterburner) some changes have been made that appear to decrease the TTM by a significant chunk.

Old TTM 10x rank 15.6 product:
2x (23,976 s Max Copy Time + 9,000 s Invention Attempt) OR 10x (11,000 s build time)

110,000 s Build time bottleneck

New TTM 10x rank 15.6 product:
2x (1,440 s Single Copy Time + 30,900 Invention Attempt) OR 10x (4,680 s build time)

64,680 s Science time bottleneck

Based on this the TTM is cut in half.

The problem is even worse when you take into account the lab bonus to invention time at .5.

New TTM with rank 15.6 product and array bonuses:
2x (.75 x 1,1440 + .5 x 30,900 Invention attempt) OR 10x (.75 x 4,680 s build time)

35,100 s Build time bottleneck

Shoot! Now we have a TTM that's 41% of what it used to be.

Rephrased, a single T2 builder can build over twice the amount he currently can in the same time. Phrased another way, a single producer now uses up more than twice the demand for an item he used to. I'm not certain what the goals of the Dev team for module production are, but my best guess is that you'd like to see more people playing this part of the game.

My interpretation of the way T2 module economy works is that the major determinant of the isk that can be made by doing it is linked to the amount of production time required to fill the demand. Increase the time it takes to build something, and the difference in price between the raw materials and the finished product increase. Decrease the time and the difference drops. When the difference drops, producers walk.

Because the new expansion will likely raise peoples interest in production, and the removal of barriers to the field will do the same, I would suggest being very cautious about lowering the TTM on any items. I believe it would be wise to increase them in most cases, and at the very least maintain the status quo.
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#276 - 2014-06-04 10:13:02 UTC
Throughput balance is on my to-do list. It gets an awful lot worse if we do end up extending all job times to ~24h as then everyone's always at peak capacity.
Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#277 - 2014-06-04 10:57:46 UTC
just reduce the base success then :)

did anyone already mention that ~20hour cycles are pretty damn convenient ?
Apelacja
Sad Najwyzszy
#278 - 2014-06-04 11:38:20 UTC
I have a question to CCP Greyscale:

Are u awarned that like 80 % of BPO`s needed to make BSs and JFs will be not needed anymore? Are u going to buy all those BPO`s back? Otherwise it is just another crash on market for some BPO`s. I have many doubts right now of what u are doing bcs it has to large impact on market. Myabe leave coppy times for bs/capitals?
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#279 - 2014-06-04 13:13:32 UTC
It's not something that's on the top of my list of concerns right now, but I'm prepared to be persuaded otherwise.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#280 - 2014-06-04 16:24:10 UTC
Apelacja wrote:
I have a question to CCP Greyscale:

Are u awarned that like 80 % of BPO`s needed to make BSs and JFs will be not needed anymore? Are u going to buy all those BPO`s back? Otherwise it is just another crash on market for some BPO`s. I have many doubts right now of what u are doing bcs it has to large impact on market. Myabe leave coppy times for bs/capitals?

The problem is the POS arrays. With the price of these prints it would be silly to expect people to put the BPO's into POS so making only station production viable for these items would kinda screw over small time / casual produces in a pretty bad way. And while it migth be hard to believe there are actually casual capital and BS produces out there. You know, people doing perhaps 2 carriers a month or so.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.