These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Should we really need a survival guide to discuss topics about EVE?

First post
Author
Arec Bardwin
#21 - 2014-06-02 18:08:59 UTC
Post with your alt.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#22 - 2014-06-02 18:32:36 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
People need to be warned that their freshly made coffee is hot and that this packet of nuts may contain nuts.Straight

My favorite one is a vacuum cleaner I bought in Canaduh.

"Do not vacuum anything currently on fire."

I **** you not.

I am the only one who now wants to hoover something on fire?
A vacuum cleaner with the blower option is always amusing when you add fire to the mix.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#23 - 2014-06-02 18:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Themanfromdalmontee
Things that annoy me about this forum:

- People who aren't game designers, or previous theorycrafters complaining about 2% changes
- Any idiot that talks about WiS
- Anyone who says CCP does something to make a shed load of money, because most of the things CCP does doesn't.
- People who don't understand EVE (I should be safe in high sec....wheres the pve....etc etc)
- Dinsdale tinfoil hatting and all the rest of the dinsdale followers

Can't understand why I read them sometimes because most of it cycles through the above :P
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#24 - 2014-06-02 18:36:11 UTC
Themanfromdalmontee wrote:

- People who aren't game designers, or previous theorycrafters complaining about 2% changes
- Anyone who says CCP does something to make a shed load of money, because most of the things CCP does doesn't.
- People who don't understand EVE (I should be safe in high sec....wheres there pve....etc etc)

Can't understand why I read them sometimes because most of it cycles through the above :P

Gawd dayum dude, if i weren't sitting in front of this computer knowing I didn't type that, I'd have though I typed that in my sleep lol.

The forums let my give you 1 like. But here, take 1000 honorary likes to go with them Cool
Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#25 - 2014-06-02 18:37:37 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

- People who don't understand EVE (I should be safe in high sec....wheres there pve....etc etc)

Gawd dayum dude, if i weren't sitting in front of this computer knowing I didn't type that, I'd have though I typed that in my sleep lol.

The forums let my give you 1 like. But here, take 1000 honorary likes to go with them Cool

Thank you kind Sir/Madam
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-06-02 18:39:32 UTC
I love how some expect Eve to be some sort of special snowflake of humanity. Every videogame forum looks exactly like the Eve forums. In fact, every forum where humans are allowed to interact with anonimity looks just like this. Reddit, tumblr, imgur.. all exactly the same. Eve players are terrible to each other, just like CoD players, WoW players. Star Citizen players will be screwing each other over and typing "stfu noob" in the chat channels just like everyone else. Oddly, Eve players are also nice to each other, just like all those other games and places.

Expecting anything different is delusional. HTFU, post with your main, sig tank and all you'll see in your feels combat log is a few glancing shots for 8 damage.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-06-02 18:42:01 UTC
All I'm getting out of this thread is vacuum all the fire.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#28 - 2014-06-02 19:04:50 UTC
Chick Sauce wrote:
http://themittani.com/features/eve-official-forums-survival-guide-0

It's a good article and it's accurate.

My question is: Should we require such tip-toeing in the first place? Or is it a fundamental flaw of the forums that is still not addressed?

Seems, to me at least, more like TheMitanni pays by the article, and someone is trying pad their wallet.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#29 - 2014-06-02 19:07:21 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
All I'm getting out of this thread is vacuum all the fire.

Vacuum ALL the FIRE!!

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#30 - 2014-06-02 19:09:33 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
I love how some expect Eve to be some sort of special snowflake of humanity. Every videogame forum looks exactly like the Eve forums. In fact, every forum where humans are allowed to interact with anonimity looks just like this. Reddit, tumblr, imgur.. all exactly the same. Eve players are terrible to each other, just like CoD players, WoW players. Star Citizen players will be screwing each other over and typing "stfu noob" in the chat channels just like everyone else. Oddly, Eve players are also nice to each other, just like all those other games and places.

Expecting anything different is delusional. HTFU, post with your main, sig tank and all you'll see in your feels combat log is a few glancing shots for 8 damage.

Dang, Id have you marry me if I wasnt worried that our children would kill us both (well, me specifically) during their rise to earthly power in the name of our Lord Satan

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Dave Stark
#31 - 2014-06-02 19:10:35 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm reading the comments on that article and I'm laughing so hard i have tears in my eyes. Mainly because most of it is true. Like this one:
Quote:

Dave Stark • 10 hours ago

The only worth while bit of the Eve-o forums are the sticky threads in F&I, the rest of it is merely a good way to waste time unproductively.

entertainment Dave Stark • 5 hours ago

The sticky threads are the worst ******* part. Players pointlessly bang their heads against the wall and fozzie knows it. just sits there all smug like laughing his ass off as he claims hes made "significant" changes by altering a stat by 2%

yea sure its freaking awesome....if you have no intention of ever logging in and undocking again.

The visual i got from that of Fozzie evil-laughing and nerfing something a further 2% just tickled the hell out of me for some reason.

that's why they're the best part!
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#32 - 2014-06-02 19:27:24 UTC

- People who don't understand EVE (I should be safe in high sec....wheres the pve....etc etc)

You

Into the Chamber with Mike and Jenn

Your DNA must also be preserved

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#33 - 2014-06-02 19:30:21 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
People need to be warned that their freshly made coffee is hot and that this packet of nuts may contain nuts.Straight

These are same people who eat at Mc Donalds 3 times a day everyday for months on end and wonder why they are fat...

The same people who require warning messages such as

Hair Dryer - Do Not use in Shower
Pepper Spray - Do not spray in at your own eyes
Clothes Iron - Do not iron clothes on body
Slush Puppy Cup - Ice may be Cold
Chainsaw - Do not attempt to stop chain with hands

and so on

I remember back in the ninties, a Swedish chainsaw manufacturer had a warning "Do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals". I really don't want to know what prompted that :shudder:.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#34 - 2014-06-02 19:30:35 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
The visual i got from that of Fozzie evil-laughing and nerfing something a further 2% just tickled the hell out of me for some reason.

Here's two more that might make you laugh.

- all the DEVs have a pool going to see who can create the most rage on the forums. Winner take all.

- Rise and Fozzie have a compitiion to see who can cause the most rage with their changes. The one who causes the least amount of rage has to buy his department drinks after the changes go live.
Same applies for post expansion rage.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-06-02 19:31:17 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Truly an awful article.

I would have gone with "The New General Discussion Code of Conduct" and charged 10mil ISK for posting permits.

Can I be your first agent o Savior of General Discussion?

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Dave Stark
#36 - 2014-06-02 19:33:50 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

- all the DEVs have a pool going to see who can create the most rage on the forums. Winner take all.

- Rise and Fozzie have a compitiion to see who can cause the most rage with their changes. The one who causes the least amount of rage has to buy his department drinks after the changes go live.

fozzie won by picking up on the most absurd carebear idea and adding it to the game, and if i'm not mistaken we'll be seeing the winning idea tomorrow.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#37 - 2014-06-02 19:37:34 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

fozzie won by picking up on the most absurd carebear idea and adding it to the game, and if i'm not mistaken we'll be seeing the winning idea tomorrow.

I bet its Fedo Ranching

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#38 - 2014-06-02 19:49:38 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Can I be your first agent o Savior of General Discussion?

I am the hero that General Discussion deserves, not the hero General Discussion needs.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#39 - 2014-06-02 20:06:41 UTC
People that need directions for how to play EVE-O Forum Game are the ones who will lose it anyway.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2014-06-02 20:07:31 UTC
The average intelligence of any sufficiently large grouping of humans is inversely proportional the size of the group.

It's not really a surprise that Internet forums are cess pits of stupid.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.