These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
5 PagesPrevious page12345Next page
 

Dev blog: Sweeping Death and Chaos: New Exploration Sites in Kronos

First post
Author
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2014-05-30 16:27:34 UTC
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:
CCP RedDawn wrote:
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:
Just to get things straight:

1) The BPCs for the new pirate ships (Garmur etc) drop from Mordus rats in low security belts. (On test server I've yet to see one FWIW.)

2) Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites will (only?) drop data that can either be sold on the market or traded at the Mordus station. But otherwise these sites drop no loot? And these sites too will spawn in low sec?

3) Once enough data has been delivered to the Mordus station, Besieged Covert Research Facility sites will start to appear anywhere in low sec and they will drop the new ship skin BPCs, "low-grade" implants, and warp speed modules?

Is all of that correct or am I missing something?

I also have a question about the "Besieged Covert Research Facility" sites. Once they have been "unlocked," are they permanently unlocked such that they spawn all over low sec from there on out? Or is it more of a system where 1 is unlocked as a spawn for every X amount of data delivered to Mordus? (FWIW they are everywhere in low sec on the test server.)



1) Yes that's right.
2) Yes these Contested sites only drop the data you need to unlock the Besieged sites and they will be present in low sec.
3) Yes. The Besieged sites will be over all of low sec and drop what's mentioned in the dev blog.

In regards to your question, they will be permanently unlocked in one big batch.


Great, thanks for the reply. One quick question though...once the Besieged sites are unlocked, what's the point of the Contested sites? Is it just the LP reward for handing stuff in?


The Contested sites will then be disabled.

Team Genesis

#42 - 2014-05-30 16:30:59 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:
The Besieged sites will be in low sec only and not limited to any particular region when unlocked.

What about the Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites?

CCP RedDawn wrote:
Space Glitter has been formed to improve the internal content tools we use, so hopefully, things will be much more varied in the future.

This sounds exciting, are there any more details available on this with regard to focus and timeframes? eg. Will these tools extend to giving live event coordinators more control? Will we see any iteration on existing PvE content as a result? Will there be a devblog? When?
The Amalgamation Initiative
#43 - 2014-05-30 16:31:35 UTC
After dwelling on this and reading some more, I do understand where there may be a desire to push more PVE types to take risks that may put them into PVP situations; but, then again, doing anything in losec is just as risky, if not riskier, than null.

Of course, with only one station buried in null for the turn-in, most of the risk adverse / PVE types that dare to risk the losec content and survive will not want to take the additional risk of going into null where you know all the routes will be camped 24/7 and where many probably do not have interceptors or the skills to get a covops through (let alone out of the station and back as another mentioned).

I think some losec stations/outpost scattered around the empire for turn-in would be more ideal and still provide the risk as you know the pirates and other gank types will be camping; but, no bubbles. :-)

I know one of the exploring geeks in "my" alliance will be all over this except for the null run and, other than the single null turn-in locations, I do like the rest of how this is seemingly going to work (hopefully).
Arataka Research Consortium
#44 - 2014-05-30 16:35:28 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:


The Contested sites will then be disabled.


So. Let's say I'm a productive little explorer, and gathering lots of data sequences to deliver all at once-- but then the event is completed. Will I still be able to turn in my data sequences for shiny LP and/or geld, or are they then dross?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

#45 - 2014-05-30 16:39:42 UTC
Team Space Glitter wrote:
We are in no way condoning a massive influx of capsuleers who'll be patiently waiting for you there, all of them armed to the teeth and ready for battle.
Suuuuure you don't......Cool

Anyway, looking forward to find these sites!

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

C C P Alliance
#46 - 2014-05-30 16:41:41 UTC
Seismic Stan wrote:
CCP RedDawn wrote:
The Besieged sites will be in low sec only and not limited to any particular region when unlocked.

What about the Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites?

CCP RedDawn wrote:
Space Glitter has been formed to improve the internal content tools we use, so hopefully, things will be much more varied in the future.

This sounds exciting, are there any more details available on this with regard to focus and timeframes? eg. Will these tools extend to giving live event coordinators more control? Will we see any iteration on existing PvE content as a result? Will there be a devblog? When?


The Contested site will be in high and low sec and be much more frequent.

As for the content tools:
This sounds exciting, are there any more details available on this with regard to focus and timeframes? - No.
Will these tools extend to giving live event coordinators more control? - Hopefully!
Will we see any iteration on existing PvE content as a result? - Definitely.
Will there be a devblog? - I'll bring this up on Monday with the team.
When? - Depends on the one above.

Team Genesis

#47 - 2014-05-30 16:57:10 UTC
I think this is a really neat idea, but as exploration junky I find it disappointing that the Exploration piece will be disabled once the combat sites are activated? I believe any time when content is removed it's a bad idea. Will the two cycle? For instance, we collect data sequences unlock the combat facilities and eventually the Guristas change their encryption, Mordu's legion then needs us to go back hack their towers?

Essentially creating an ebb and flow of Exploration Content and Combat Content?

Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-05-30 17:25:46 UTC
so thanks to this, EC-P8R is going to become a friggin' deathtrap like the days of olde?


better setup shop in Torrinos. much profits to be done.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2014-05-30 18:51:43 UTC
Fantastic addition!

I was considering writing a post about how disconnected the hacking and archaeology professions are within the whole Eve experience: locate/probe/hack/get loot/sell to market.
A great isk generator but after doing it for six months it becomes a chore and feels completely detached from the rest of Eve.

I was going to suggest/request if hacking/arc could be more seamlessly plugged into the game and for it to be bonded with lore - and you have already started doing that with this release...so a big thanks in advance.

I really hope you continue with this theme - maybe introduce chain sites (one site leads to another etc) where ancient artifacts can be discovered in relic sites revealing information about the location of hitherto unknown races or perhaps secret hideouts of famous figures...you get the gist...

Archaeology and hacking could prove such a rich experience if discovering artifacts/codes etc were blended with lore and perhaps with access to unique boosters/implants/blueprints as a bonus.

Making isk to make isk is all well and good but as real life shows money ain't everything - penetrating the hidden secrets of Eve via two awesome career paths in ways you are introducing here provides goals/aims to keep the player community interested.

Anyway, I didn't mean to write that much...thanks again and look forward to it
#50 - 2014-05-30 19:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
CCP RedDawn wrote:

3) Yes. The Besieged sites will be over all of low sec and drop what's mentioned in the dev blog.

In regards to your question, they will be permanently unlocked in one big batch.

this confuses me a bit. since why would you still continue doing the "unlock" exploration step once they are *permanently* unlocked?

edit: nevermind. It appears as its a one time thing and the whole first step will be disabled.

Reading it initially i thought it would be dynamic. for example for 10 unlock steps you unlock one combat site. So you would have to keep bringing stuff via exploration in low to nullsec to get combat pve content in low.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

#51 - 2014-05-30 20:33:15 UTC
Holy ****! :O

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2014-05-30 20:41:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Matilda Cecilia Fock
Did I miss a part where this new content was available in high security space, or will it be low/null alone?

Edit: Nevermind, just read CCP RedDawn's post.

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

#53 - 2014-05-30 21:23:37 UTC
I have to add I think CCP is missing a great opportunity to mix career paths in the long term.

The way the Dev Blog reads it sounds like you collect data sequences then turn them in and get an escalation style event to go kill some ships and get a loot cache for completing the work. You can either sell the data sequences, or the escalation trigger or complete the entire chain for great victory.

Instead it's a one time event where as I understand we first do the exploration and at some unknown point and time they disable the exploration component and activate the combat component permanently.

Personally that's a bit of a let down and reading through comments it appears other members of the community are disappointed with that as well.

I think CCP has an opportunity to create a long term opportunity to combine to career paths in the long term and that opportunity is being missed.
Catherine Laartii
#54 - 2014-05-30 21:26:52 UTC
...DAT BLOOD RAIDER SKIN
Phoebe Freeport Republic
#55 - 2014-05-30 22:53:28 UTC
Nooooooooooo!!

Please do not add pirate skins. Pirate ships should remain unique and not just skins to be painted onto empire ships. A blood raider proph should have a neut and web bonus, and other ships should be similar. Please do not release these skins! Stick with empire factions and let pirate ships be unique.
Best Intentions.
#56 - 2014-05-31 00:09:07 UTC
Is there any reason these sites won't appear in null-sec? Considering that Guristas and Mordu's home regions are null-sec, I thought that these sites would be appearing in null as well. Just wondering what the justification is. I'm also surprised that the NPC spawns with the BPCs won't appear in null belts either.
Northern Coalition.
#57 - 2014-05-31 01:08:28 UTC
*golf claps* Couldn't be more suspicious CCP plonking this new shiny stuff in the center of Goon space. Granted, where it will be is NPC space but what surrounds that system.... GOON SPACE and what surrounds that space... EVEN MORE GOON SPACE!!

Honestly, a large majority of those not in Goons aren't going to be interested in making a death run through Goon space to most likely find Goon blobs camping your way into that system and IF by chance you make it and exchange your goodies for more expensive goodies you've then got to do the same death run out and hell, even Ceptors get insta locked easily enough these days.

If you didn't want to promote the conspiracy you hold the pockets of Goons like little munchkins you could of said "Hey, Mordu have shifted into a low sec pocket allowing equal, fair and easier access for ALL your player base to try out this new stuff your adding", but no... that would be silly of you. Along with the freighter/jump freighter changes (lol, make freighter and jump freighters more interesting to fly... nothing you can do would make them more interesting unless you fit cosmetic fluffy baubles and a bright colour pebble dash skin to them, did you not read the 125+ pages of pilots saying what a stupid idea this was? *points CCP to Specsavers*)

With the rage done, those two points have for me at least made this the worse expansion/update/whatever you call this farce to date.
#58 - 2014-05-31 07:31:11 UTC
Tyanni wrote:
*golf claps* Couldn't be more suspicious CCP plonking this new shiny stuff in the center of Goon space. Granted, where it will be is NPC space but what surrounds that system.... GOON SPACE and what surrounds that space... EVEN MORE GOON SPACE!!

Honestly, a large majority of those not in Goons aren't going to be interested in making a death run through Goon space to most likely find Goon blobs camping your way into that system and IF by chance you make it and exchange your goodies for more expensive goodies you've then got to do the same death run out and hell, even Ceptors get insta locked easily enough these days.

If you didn't want to promote the conspiracy you hold the pockets of Goons like little munchkins you could of said "Hey, Mordu have shifted into a low sec pocket allowing equal, fair and easier access for ALL your player base to try out this new stuff your adding", but no... that would be silly of you. Along with the freighter/jump freighter changes (lol, make freighter and jump freighters more interesting to fly... nothing you can do would make them more interesting unless you fit cosmetic fluffy baubles and a bright colour pebble dash skin to them, did you not read the 125+ pages of pilots saying what a stupid idea this was? *points CCP to Specsavers*)

With the rage done, those two points have for me at least made this the worse expansion/update/whatever you call this farce to date.


Took me a while to clue in to the latest gift to the goons, but wow.
It could not be more blatant about who really runs CCP.
Every day, it looks like my "tinfoil" becomes a little more fashionable as more people start wearing it.
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-05-31 08:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Darin Vanar
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Tyanni wrote:
*golf claps* Couldn't be more suspicious CCP plonking this new shiny stuff in the center of Goon space. Granted, where it will be is NPC space but what surrounds that system.... GOON SPACE and what surrounds that space... EVEN MORE GOON SPACE!!

Honestly, a large majority of those not in Goons aren't going to be interested in making a death run through Goon space to most likely find Goon blobs camping your way into that system and IF by chance you make it and exchange your goodies for more expensive goodies you've then got to do the same death run out and hell, even Ceptors get insta locked easily enough these days.

If you didn't want to promote the conspiracy you hold the pockets of Goons like little munchkins you could of said "Hey, Mordu have shifted into a low sec pocket allowing equal, fair and easier access for ALL your player base to try out this new stuff your adding", but no... that would be silly of you. Along with the freighter/jump freighter changes (lol, make freighter and jump freighters more interesting to fly... nothing you can do would make them more interesting unless you fit cosmetic fluffy baubles and a bright colour pebble dash skin to them, did you not read the 125+ pages of pilots saying what a stupid idea this was? *points CCP to Specsavers*)

With the rage done, those two points have for me at least made this the worse expansion/update/whatever you call this farce to date.


Took me a while to clue in to the latest gift to the goons, but wow.
It could not be more blatant about who really runs CCP.
Every day, it looks like my "tinfoil" becomes a little more fashionable as more people start wearing it.


Oooh, I came here for a Dinsdale post!

Only a few lines. :(

Come on Dinsdale, we expect a speech from you these days!

Don't slack off. :P

If anyone can save highsec in its most dire hours, it can't be anyone else. Consider me a fan. And don't you dare settle for an "I told you so". The line should be 'Save highsec today!'
We need to rally our afk miners... Somehow... There must be a way to reach them.
Band of Boogers
#60 - 2014-05-31 09:29:55 UTC
In my opinion CCP has failed largely on the definition what EXPLORATION is. What CCP Calls Exploration, is in fact more looting/stealing. There is nothing within EVE that can be called true Exploration...


Stop using Words that u dont know the meaning of :D
5 PagesPrevious page12345Next page
Forum Jump