These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
5 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

Dev blog: Sweeping Death and Chaos: New Exploration Sites in Kronos

First post
Author
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#21 - 2014-05-30 15:26:50 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Will there be a tracking site that shows how many more loyalty points need to be turned in before the second stage/permanent content is unlocked?

Afraid not. This statistic will be tracked internally but we'll be clear in our messaging in regards to its progress.
A visual progress stat is definitely something we want for future events like this though.

Setting up a twitter account with % updated would work and be easy to find.

The action tree and permanence of the sites needs a graphic or Evelopedia page before this kicks off as well.

Is this correct:

high sec and low sec sites(which have to be scanned) drop only LP points. (will stay in game after low sec sites are unlocked.)
LP points can be turned in for goods and contribute to the unlocking of the access map of low sec sites.
Low sec sites drop only items and once unlocked will show up randomly thru out all low sec space.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

#22 - 2014-05-30 15:31:03 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:

The Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites are cosmic signatures and will have to be probed down first.
The Besieged Covert Research Facility sites however, (once unlocked) are cosmic anomalies and will appear on the scanner like Ghost sites.

Will signatures contain rats?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

#23 - 2014-05-30 15:44:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Copper Khai
Gilbaron wrote:
i really like the idea of choosing which side you want to be on. good job. ideally, both are equally rewarding, but time will tell.

Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Soooooo-

Step 1: Hack a site for info.
Step 2: Sell info to nullsec group that owns that nullsec station?

you can't own an NPC station. you can, however, have a presence in the form of spaceships there.

Yes but Mordus NPC area sits in the middle of CFC/Goon space. We're being fed to CFC as content as we try redeem the shinny new stuff.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Pure_Blind#sov

I expect 7 gate camps in 7 out 24/7- goons are mindless and will over feed themselves into starvation.

No Thanks CCP.
Arataka Research Consortium
#24 - 2014-05-30 15:48:07 UTC
vOv

So it is with any pirate BPC. All pirate faction stations-- save a few SoE ones --are in null security space. It's just that now that CCP is using the lesser factions to provide more 'pirate' ships, we're seeing factions with a low station count and limited sov impact.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

The Amalgamation Initiative
#25 - 2014-05-30 15:56:26 UTC
Copper Khai wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:
i really like the idea of choosing which side you want to be on. good job. ideally, both are equally rewarding, but time will tell.

Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Soooooo-

Step 1: Hack a site for info.
Step 2: Sell info to nullsec group that owns that nullsec station?

you can't own an NPC station. you can, however, have a presence in the form of spaceships there.

Yes but Mordus NPC area sits in the middle of CFC/Goon space. We're being fed to CFC as content as we try redeem they shinny new stuff.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Pure_Blind#sov

I expect 7 gate camps in 7 out - goons are mindless and will over feed themselves into starvation.

No Thanks CCP.

I noticed where it is, too, when looking on the map. And based on the comments in the Dev Blog, this is definitely something to favor the Nullies as intended.

It would have been much less a show of favoritism if they had Mordu outreach (stations or such) in numerous places and not just Null to present others with a better chance of turning things in, etc. Go figure!
#26 - 2014-05-30 15:59:39 UTC
Just to get things straight:

1) The BPCs for the new pirate ships (Garmur etc) drop from Mordus rats in low security belts. (On test server I've yet to see one FWIW.)

2) Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites will (only?) drop data that can either be sold on the market or traded at the Mordus station. But otherwise these sites drop no loot? And these sites too will spawn in low sec?

3) Once enough data has been delivered to the Mordus station, Besieged Covert Research Facility sites will start to appear anywhere in low sec and they will drop the new ship skin BPCs, "low-grade" implants, and warp speed modules?

Is all of that correct or am I missing something?

I also have a question about the "Besieged Covert Research Facility" sites. Once they have been "unlocked," are they permanently unlocked such that they spawn all over low sec from there on out? Or is it more of a system where 1 is unlocked as a spawn for every X amount of data delivered to Mordus? (FWIW they are everywhere in low sec on the test server.)

Amarr Empire
#27 - 2014-05-30 16:02:14 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:

Found one in low sec on sisi. Data site signature, no rats. Just a single Guristas Transponder Tower (data container). Hacked it to receive one "Guristas Data Sequence" item. Heading to Pure Blind to see what prize comes out of the box...
C C P Alliance
#28 - 2014-05-30 16:06:32 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
CCP RedDawn wrote:

The Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites are cosmic signatures and will have to be probed down first.
The Besieged Covert Research Facility sites however, (once unlocked) are cosmic anomalies and will appear on the scanner like Ghost sites.

Nope, just the hackable Transponder Tower.

Team Genesis

Caldari State
#29 - 2014-05-30 16:10:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Vivi Udan
I don't think anyone has asked this yet,

These new exploration sites are in Low sec only, correct?
And not limited to any particular region in New Eden, correct?

The Mittani of House GoonWaffe, First of His name, King of the Goons and VFK, Master of griefing, Lord of the CFC, Warden of the West, and Protector of Deklein.

#30 - 2014-05-30 16:11:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Seismic Stan
I'm liking the continuing confluence of PvE and PvP worked into these new content features. With many calls for PvE to better emulate PvP, it makes sense to lead PvE-ers into situations where they need to be wary of both. It's certainly becoming more and more tempting for even the risk averse to chance their arm at entering more hostile waters.

That said, it wasn't clear from this devblog if these new signatures will be scannable throughout known space or only in low-sec. How do they fit in with this quote from CCP Rise in his Introducing the Mordu's Legion Fleet devblog?

CCP Rise wrote:
One of the things about Mordu’s Legion that we are most excited about is the method by which the ships can be acquired. As usual, Mordu’s Legion LP stores will have them on offer, but we are also going to be adding some new Legion patrols to asteroid belts across all of low security space. Like other pirate faction commanders, these spawns will be fairly rare. Unlike other factions, Mordu’s Legion belt patrols will have 100% chance of dropping a blueprint for one of the new ships.

Also, I note that this new feature has been designed around all NPC spawns being hostile to all-comers irrespective of standing. Is this due to the current limitations of the AI? Is there any possibility in the future that we will see pirate faction NPCs respond to pilot standings in the same way that Faction Navies do?
C C P Alliance
#31 - 2014-05-30 16:14:17 UTC
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:

1) The BPCs for the new pirate ships (Garmur etc) drop from Mordus rats in low security belts. (On test server I've yet to see one FWIW.)

2) Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility sites will (only?) drop data that can either be sold on the market or traded at the Mordus station. But otherwise these sites drop no loot? And these sites too will spawn in low sec?

3) Once enough data has been delivered to the Mordus station, Besieged Covert Research Facility sites will start to appear anywhere in low sec and they will drop the new ship skin BPCs, "low-grade" implants, and warp speed modules?

I also have a question about the "Besieged Covert Research Facility" sites. Once they have been "unlocked," are they permanently unlocked such that they spawn all over low sec from there on out? Or is it more of a system where 1 is unlocked as a spawn for every X amount of data delivered to Mordus? (FWIW they are everywhere in low sec on the test server.)

1) Yes that's right.
2) Yes these Contested sites only drop the data you need to unlock the Besieged sites and they will be present in low sec.
3) Yes. The Besieged sites will be over all of low sec and drop what's mentioned in the dev blog.

In regards to your question, they will be permanently unlocked in one big batch.

Team Genesis

Tactical Narcotics Team
#32 - 2014-05-30 16:15:24 UTC
To people complaining about bla bla goons bla bla cfc. There is this ship called an interceptor that can get to where you want to go with 99% risk free travel. Now as to getting back out of the station that might be trickier but a smart person can do this.

Will these sites be empire only or will they also show up in null sec?

C C P Alliance
#33 - 2014-05-30 16:15:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP RedDawn
Vivi Udan wrote:
I don't think anyone has asked this yet,

These new exploration sites are in Low sec only, correct?
And not limited to any particular region in New Eden, correct?

Yes. The Besieged sites will be in low sec only and not limited to any particular region when unlocked.

Team Genesis

#34 - 2014-05-30 16:17:56 UTC
Yay, rescue ops for new null-sec exploration stuff next, please!

That's the kind of event I love. Doing sneaky things in sneaky ships and then Han Solo-ing it somewhere.

A little bit confusing, to be honest, though. Will it only spawn in low and null sec on Gurista territory, ar anywhere across the cluster? Will they remain after the event so explorers can track these sites and get the rewards?
#35 - 2014-05-30 16:19:44 UTC
CCP RedDawn!

So. The data in question. Are these Covert Research Tools, or something else? Additionally, about how much LP is each data packet worth? Or do they have varying value?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

C C P Alliance
#36 - 2014-05-30 16:20:05 UTC
Seismic Stan wrote:
I'm liking the continuing confluence of PvE and PvP worked into these new content features. With many calls for PvE to better emulate PvP, it makes sense to lead PvE-ers into situations where they need to be wary of both. It's certainly becoming more and more tempting for even the risk averse to chance their arm at entering more hostile waters.

That said, it wasn't clear from this devblog if these new signatures will be scannable throughout known space or only in low-sec. How do they fit in with this quote from CCP Rise in his Introducing the Mordu's Legion Fleet devblog?

CCP Rise wrote:
One of the things about Mordu’s Legion that we are most excited about is the method by which the ships can be acquired. As usual, Mordu’s Legion LP stores will have them on offer, but we are also going to be adding some new Legion patrols to asteroid belts across all of low security space. Like other pirate faction commanders, these spawns will be fairly rare. Unlike other factions, Mordu’s Legion belt patrols will have 100% chance of dropping a blueprint for one of the new ships.

Also, I note that this new feature has been designed around all NPC spawns being hostile to all-comers irrespective of standing. Is this due to the current limitations of the AI? Is there any possibility in the future that we will see pirate faction NPCs respond to pilot standings in the same way that Faction Navies do?

I've answered the scanning part already in this thread, and in regards to NPC's being hostile across the board. Team Space Glitter has been formed to improve the internal content tools we use, so hopefully, things will be much more varied in the future. Big smile

Team Genesis

#37 - 2014-05-30 16:20:16 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:

1) Yes that's right.
2) Yes these Contested sites only drop the data you need to unlock the Besieged sites and they will be present in low sec.
3) Yes. The Besieged sites will be over all of low sec and drop what's mentioned in the dev blog.

In regards to your question, they will be permanently unlocked in one big batch.

Great, thanks for the reply. One quick question though...once the Besieged sites are unlocked, what's the point of the Contested sites? Is it just the LP reward for handing stuff in?
#38 - 2014-05-30 16:24:54 UTC
Where do Contested Guristas Covert Research Facility, and Besieged Covert Research Facility spawn?

Low sec only? Low and null only? Low, null, and high?

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

#39 - 2014-05-30 16:24:56 UTC
So its another effort to shovel people into lo-sec to be targets? And this time to try and get them to go to CFC-owned nullsec to be even bigger targets?

*lol* No thanks dude. I think this is an 'incentive' that I will pass on.
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2014-05-30 16:24:59 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
CCP RedDawn!

So. The data in question. Are these Covert Research Tools, or something else? Additionally, about how much LP is each data packet worth? Or do they have varying value?

Howdy!

In the Contested sites you will be looting Data Sequences, not Covert Research Tools. I'll not spoil the surprise though in regards to profit and value. Hopefully to entice you into 5ZXX-k. Smile

However I will give you this, in the Besieged sites, you can expect the Covert Research Tools to make an appearance.

Team Genesis

5 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page