These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

phpBB 3.x API Registration Mod v6+

Author
a newbie
Kenbishi Heavy Industries Inc.
#1041 - 2014-03-20 13:40:34 UTC
Sklullus Dromulus wrote:
I'm liking the Mod, many thanks. I've got the phpBB3 and the TS3 sides working, however I'm getting a bit stuck with the ejabberd side.

I've freshly installed ejabberd 2.1.11 (from the .run installer, OS: Debian 7 x64).
I went into the phpBB ACP, and set up the Jabber tab, including the secret.
I placed the ejabberd_side.php script in the ejabberd folder (/data/ejabberd), disabled internal auth on the jabber server and enabled the extauth module, with the path /data/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php.
I also enabled Jabber for my Alliance in the Alliance API section, and checked the box for it in the corresponding usergroup.

Any time I try to log in this message comes up in the ejabberd.log (many, many times):

C(<0.700.0>:extauth:146) : extauth script has exitted abruptly with reason 'normal'

Is there something I've missed, or is this ejabberd being ejabberd?

I am having this same exact issue and it seems this questions was missed as it was last on the page. Can someone please offer support for this issue? Currently ejabberd is generating 300MB logs in a matter of seconds if I leave it running, I recently purged a 15gb file before I turned logrotation on for this.

...um.. fire?

Sharker2k3
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#1042 - 2014-03-27 15:39:33 UTC
As a note to people, if you integrated this with an openfire server the passwords for the openfire accounts are emailed to the users.

Had a quick question. I have this integrated with an openfire server, working fine. My concern is that when I enabled integration it created a jabber account for EVERY user in phpbb. Is there a way to configure it so that only accounts which belong to a certain group are created?

Thanks!
graves warship
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1043 - 2014-03-31 19:07:22 UTC  |  Edited by: graves warship
one of the best mods out there

but i have added a few lines in the ucp_profile_reg_details

to include a link to the correct acces mask for the integration

aswell as a link to directly connect to the ts3 server.
though i am not to sure what code to use to let it select the right server from phpbb3

as seen here:

http://pastebin.com/cMyvxPL4

this be an idea to include in your next release?
ZANARIAN
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1044 - 2014-04-14 23:40:29 UTC
Can you add the ability to link characters,corporations and alliances?
Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1045 - 2014-04-21 23:02:14 UTC
Sharker2k3 wrote:
Had a quick question. I have this integrated with an openfire server, working fine. My concern is that when I enabled integration it created a jabber account for EVERY user in phpbb. Is there a way to configure it so that only accounts which belong to a certain group are created?

I would like this functionality too, could it be done?
Der Pinator
SECURITY SQUAD
#1046 - 2014-04-28 18:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Der Pinator
Hi all!

It`s only for me items with dot in itemname like [eveitem]Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Evasive Maneuvering EM-701[/eveitem] don`t working well?

error
Khaleesi Izia
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1047 - 2014-05-06 22:47:24 UTC
Im having an issue with the TS UID, whenever myself or my members enter it and press submit it will dissapear and nothing will have happened, no erorr message or anything, it just says profile changes updated then when you go back to the profile the ts uid IS GONE.

Rather Annoying and ive been trying to figure out all day, some help would be much appreciated
Sharker2k3
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#1048 - 2014-05-12 16:44:29 UTC
Khaleesi Izia wrote:
Im having an issue with the TS UID, whenever myself or my members enter it and press submit it will dissapear and nothing will have happened, no erorr message or anything, it just says profile changes updated then when you go back to the profile the ts uid IS GONE.

Rather Annoying and ive been trying to figure out all day, some help would be much appreciated

Whenever I had that issue it was because the forums couldn't communicate with the teamspeak server. I'd verify your teamspeak configuration in the Admin control panel including the server query credentials.
Gothikia
#1049 - 2014-05-29 22:28:45 UTC
a newbie wrote:
Sklullus Dromulus wrote:
I'm liking the Mod, many thanks. I've got the phpBB3 and the TS3 sides working, however I'm getting a bit stuck with the ejabberd side.

I've freshly installed ejabberd 2.1.11 (from the .run installer, OS: Debian 7 x64).
I placed the ejabberd_side.php script in the ejabberd folder (/data/ejabberd), disabled internal auth on the jabber server and enabled the extauth module, with the path /data/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php.
I also enabled Jabber for my Alliance in the Alliance API section, and checked the box for it in the corresponding usergroup.

Any time I try to log in this message comes up in the ejabberd.log (many, many times):

C(<0.700.0>:extauth:146) : extauth script has exitted abruptly with reason 'normal'

I am having this same exact issue and it seems this questions was missed as it was last on the page. Can someone please offer support for this issue? Currently ejabberd is generating 300MB logs in a matter of seconds if I leave it running, I recently purged a 15gb file before I turned logrotation on for this.

Just move ejabberd_side.php into /etc/ejabberd and give it the correct ownership and permissions. Worked for me :)

chown ejabberd:ejabberd /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php
chmod +x /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php

<3 Gothie

delakut
Das zweite Konglomerat
Northern Coalition.
#1050 - 2014-06-02 10:13:40 UTC
Gothikia wrote:
a newbie wrote:
Sklullus Dromulus wrote:

Just move ejabberd_side.php into /etc/ejabberd and give it the correct ownership and permissions. Worked for me :)

chown ejabberd:ejabberd /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php
chmod +x /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php

I have the same problem. ejabberd writes thousands of error messages in its error log and my cpu lod goes up to 100% as soon I activate {auth_method, external} in the ejabberd.cfg. That happens even if {extauth_program, "/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd_side.php"} stays commented out. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the ownership and permissions. I tried that but it didn't solve the problem for me.

I'm using debian wheezy (7.2) netinstall with the standard "apt-get install ejabberd" command.
Jack Pritchard
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#1051 - 2014-06-08 14:07:36 UTC
When I am adding a new group to my forum and it ask what Teamspeak group it wants to be part of:

adm cntrl pnl -> users and groups -> manage groups -> new group

It only allows me to have 4 digits for the teamspeak 3 GroupID, meanwhile my ID is 5 digits, any way to sort that?
Over the Top
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1052 - 2014-06-18 01:43:53 UTC
How do you use this with Open Fire?

In the admin panel for openfire http://serverip:9090 I went to Server -> Server Settings -> External Components and Enabled External Components to connect on the default port 5275, and set a shared secret.

In the PHPBB ACP, I provided this password to the EVE API Jabber page.

What next? I am not sure what I am to expect or how this is to work. I still can't log in with my Forum credentials.

Thanks!
Labrena
Muppets Released
Forged of Fire
#1053 - 2014-06-19 04:43:08 UTC
For the openfire integration it is able to modify the jabber groups.

Since you cannot add groups to rooms yet, is there a way to have it modify the access list for rooms instead?

It would also be good, when a forum group is immune to API checks, that if their API is invalid or they are no longer in the corp/alliance to remove it from the group regardless. Right now, it will remove them from the corp/alliance groups, then disable the account but leave them in the other groups. Could be security issue when they re-activate.

Would also be good to have the option to just remove all user groups, and not deactivate the account. This way people can still access public forums if available without extra steps.
delakut
Das zweite Konglomerat
Northern Coalition.
#1054 - 2014-06-19 11:13:53 UTC
Over the Top wrote:

In the admin panel for openfire http://serverip:9090 I went to Server -> Server Settings -> External Components and Enabled External Components to connect on the default port 5275, and set a shared secret.

What next? I am not sure what I am to expect or how this is to work. I still can't log in with my Forum credentials.

Thanks!

You need to install the plugin 'User Service' under openfire. You find it under the Plugins tab. Enter the Secret key under Server -> Server Settings -> User Service and execute the 'eveapi_cron.php' from your phpbb forum root folder.

Don't forget to set the openfire group for your users under your group management in phpbb. Every phpbb group has it's own 'EVE API settings'.
Labrena
Muppets Released
Forged of Fire
#1055 - 2014-06-20 02:40:33 UTC
delakut wrote:
Over the Top wrote:

Thanks!

You need to install the plugin 'User Service' under openfire. You find it under the Plugins tab. Enter the Secret key under Server -> Server Settings -> User Service and execute the 'eveapi_cron.php' from your phpbb forum root folder.

Don't forget to set the openfire group for your users under your group management in phpbb. Every phpbb group has it's own 'EVE API settings'.

Yeah I got that all just fine. It adds people to the proper groups.

But for the actual rooms, you can not assign groups to the room access list. So it's virtually useless if you want to use secure rooms.
Go0fBall
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1056 - 2014-06-26 06:24:34 UTC
Hey guys, ran in to a problem I was hoping you could help with. I have a corpie who is having issues with getting connected to Jabber due to having an apostrophe in his name. I've searched this thread for a solution, and came across someones post who mentioned:

"Also, if people have apostrophe's in their character names, you will have to hack /xmlrpc/forum_side.php to translate jabber users to forum names/Eve Character names."

I am an epic nub when it comes to this stuff, and would def appreciate some help in getting the php file setup to accept and allow players with apostrophes in their names to be able to connect to Jabber.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Yugo Reventlov
Keeping Up Appearances
#1057 - 2014-06-27 15:50:11 UTC
Go0fBall wrote:
Hey guys, ran in to a problem I was hoping you could help with. I have a corpie who is having issues with getting connected to Jabber due to having an apostrophe in his name. I've searched this thread for a solution, and came across someones post who mentioned:

"Also, if people have apostrophe's in their character names, you will have to hack /xmlrpc/forum_side.php to translate jabber users to forum names/Eve Character names."

I am an epic nub when it comes to this stuff, and would def appreciate some help in getting the php file setup to accept and allow players with apostrophes in their names to be able to connect to Jabber.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As I mailed you, I might as well post it here for future reference:

You have to make some modifications to forum_side.php: You have to provide a list of users as they appear in PHPBB (their actual Eve character names) and a list of how they are translated to Jabber.

I made a sample script a while back (this is about 1 year old, didn't need to change it since then so you might want to verify if the file hasn't been changed by Cyerus since this):

http://pastebin.com/ZyKwdBaY

Check out that script, especially the function sanitizeUser()

In that function, you will find an array $difficultUsers:

$difficultUsers = array(
"difficult user" => "difficult 'user",
);

The item on the left is the name with accents removed, the item on the left is the name as they registered on PhpBB.

Then you can have the char "Difficult 'User" register to the forums as "Difficult 'User" and their jabber JID would become difficult_user@yourjabber
Abbaddona
Doomheim
#1058 - 2014-06-28 09:48:26 UTC
Labrena
Muppets Released
Forged of Fire
#1059 - 2014-06-28 14:40:12 UTC
Will this be updated to support the new 3.1 version of extensions?

Looks like release will be in the near future.
netai
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#1060 - 2014-07-06 01:21:57 UTC
Is the eveapi_cron.php file supposed to be accessible by anyone?
I don't want anyone to be able run it themselves at random.