These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Ship Painting Video

First post
Author
Lucretia DeWinter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-05-28 14:19:07 UTC
From the art panel and I hadn't seen it on the fanfest videos from the CCP Youtube channel. Featuring more than just the Tempest shown by CCP Seagull. Wonder who else might not have seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUGtSzngCrU&t=3m37s

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Seriously.

I know there's a million things to develop and the rabidly vocal "SPACESHIPS IN SPACE EXPLODING ONLY!1!!" crowd might not like it, but I just wanted to shout out that I've wanted this forever. Make this happen.

Please.

Pretty please.

Will love you long time.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-05-28 14:37:32 UTC
Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

All of it. If you give me a wire transfer account, I will just start having all of my paychecks sent directly to the CCP beer fund.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3 - 2014-05-28 14:47:37 UTC
Love it, ship it as is.
Infrequent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-05-28 15:04:19 UTC
Fairly certain they intend to eventually ship this, just in a much more refined state, they've been talking about it for a while now and we're seeing systems being developed and implemented that are linked to it. All the while this has been done with their statement of "We're just testing the waters with this, refining it, gauging the interest and experimenting ways of implementing bigger and better things". Ship skins, NeX and the new cosmetic store that will replace it are all building up to more indepth and interactive customization. What's important is that they nail down how they bridge this into the game, how we would get access to it, the requirements, limitations and effects.

Regardless, I'm extremely excited.
Mattpat139 Sukarala
Black Sky Inc
Blue Sky Syndicate
#5 - 2014-05-28 15:28:17 UTC
I'm all in as long as it doesn't drive the price of PLEX any higher and It doesn't need any isk except maybe a few thousand isk to pay the workers. It shouldn't take real or virtual money do this to my ship.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5376912#post5376912

Eli Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-05-28 15:33:13 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Love it, ship it as is.

During the fanfest they said the interface was really ugly and complicated, once they refine that, then ship it!
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-05-28 16:00:40 UTC
Oh my god CCP, I MUST HAVE THIS!

GEEB EET TO ME NAOW!

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Rectile
Warped
#8 - 2014-05-28 17:42:15 UTC
Give me pwease
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#9 - 2014-05-28 18:25:17 UTC
Rectile wrote:
pwease

stop that
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#10 - 2014-05-28 18:27:21 UTC
Eli Hakomairos wrote:
Love it, ship it as is.

During the fanfest they said the interface was really ugly and complicated, once they refine that, then ship it!

those are 3ds max control points ,which are perfect imo.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#11 - 2014-05-28 18:34:59 UTC
Eli Hakomairos wrote:
Love it, ship it as is.

those are 3ds max control points ,which are perfect imo.

Pretty much. There's a reason why every 3D program evarrr(!) has had something similar, and I'm fairly certain that off the screen on the right is a drawer of textures and layers and RBG sliders per industry standard. Trying to “refine” something that people have gotten used to for the last 20 years would be like trying to “refine” the brush tool in Photoshop: a bad idea with the opposite effect of the intended one.

If it's too confusing for some to use, good. That creates a market for paints made by those who understand it. Twisted
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#12 - 2014-05-28 18:44:29 UTC
Tippia wrote:

If it's too confusing for some to use, good. That creates a market for paints made by those who understand it. Twisted

well spotted motive Blink
Eli Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-05-28 19:29:37 UTC
Tippia wrote:

well spotted motive Blink

Lol. well when i meant refine, i mean that the icons and everything was probably very basic, and dont look very eve-like. i have no issue with the on screen interface.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#14 - 2014-05-28 22:01:19 UTC
I'm in two minds about this. When I saw it live I thought it looked cool but some of the colours and options shown looked a bit garish to me. Some of the patterns also have the effect of down-scaling the ship in my opinion.

Some form of corp or alliance identity on a ship would be cool but it is a very fine line between cool and naff when it comes to the way players use this kind of thing.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Lucretia DeWinter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2014-05-29 17:38:28 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
I'm in two minds about this. When I saw it live I thought it looked cool but some of the colours and options shown looked a bit garish to me. Some of the patterns also have the effect of down-scaling the ship in my opinion.

Some form of corp or alliance identity on a ship would be cool but it is a very fine line between cool and naff when it comes to the way players use this kind of thing.

Soundwave wrote:
Now, whenever we talk about customization, we inevitably end up with the issue of TTP (time to penis; the measurement of how long it takes your users to place the first penis on something).

A quote about EVE customisation in general, but equally applicable IMO.
CCP BunnyVirus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2014-05-29 19:15:47 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

All of it. If you give me a wire transfer account, I will just start having all of my paychecks sent directly to the CCP beer fund.

We have a beer fund? I need to talk to my manager about that!

3D Artist

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#17 - 2014-05-29 21:07:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Athena
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

You will if you ship that feature.

How I would make it work, and get around the TTP issue:
Player designs a paint job.
Player submits it to CCP for vetting, along with some Aurum, to pay for CCP's time.
CCP approves it, sends the player a BPO for the paint job. Additional BPO's can be obtained for more Aurum.
Player can now manufacture paint kits and sell them to other players. Other players who buy said kit can apply it to one of their ships, like a rig.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Azrin Stella Oerndotte
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-05-29 21:51:12 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Lucretia DeWinter wrote:

You will if you ship that feature.

How I would make it work, and get around the TTP issue:
Player designs a paint job.
Player submits it to CCP for vetting, along with some Aurum, to pay for CCP's time.
CCP approves it, sends the player a BPO for the paint job. Additional BPO's can be obtained for more Aurum.
Player can now manufacture paint kits and sell them to other players. Other players who buy said kit can apply it to one of their ships, like a rig.

Or we could just report people if you feel offended
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-05-29 22:07:24 UTC
Confirming that in my 7 years of EVE, this is one of the features I've been waiting for the most.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Dominus Tempus
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2014-05-29 22:11:41 UTC
Honestly the only time I see the texture and skin on a ship is when I'm docked up or in a POS. I tend to be zoomed rather far out when in space so skins don't matter a hell of a lot to me. I don't care if my ship looks like crap as long as it'll do the job that I need done.
123Next page