These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Card game - worth it?

First post
Author
Sing Khai
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-05-28 06:34:01 UTC
Yes, EVE has a card game that is not discontinued, and some people say it would be great to have in the game as you wait for a fleet but I have a different question...'

I love EVE art. Does anyone know if the cards have artwork worth collecting?
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#2 - 2014-05-28 06:40:38 UTC
I know

No

Unless the cards are A4 sized or larger, no cards of any kind have artwork worth collecting because they are too damn small

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-05-28 06:49:19 UTC
It's vintage eve art from before the trinity client.

From that perspective...yes?

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#4 - 2014-05-28 08:37:15 UTC
I bought a bunch of the EVE CCG purely for the collection side of it. It's EVE after all, you can't question that! hehe

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Light Raider
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-05-28 11:27:08 UTC
Hi,

I also have been collecting them, just missing two from the Core set (89 - Perch of Persecution; 158 - Raven) and 16 from Exiled set. Looking also for three of four special promo cards.

Have lots from Core set to trade if anyone is interested, even this week I got one of the Exiled for two of the Core.

There is still a google group about it

CCG Group
Castelo Selva
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#6 - 2014-05-28 12:54:33 UTC
Light Raider wrote:
Hi,

I also have been collecting them, just missing two from the Core set (89 - Perch of Persecution; 158 - Raven) and 16 from Exiled set. Looking also for three of four special promo cards.

Have lots from Core set to trade if anyone is interested, even this week I got one of the Exiled for two of the Core.

There is still a google group about it

CCG Group

Hi all,

I just get my hand on some cards from an old local store.
The store, unfortunately, close its doors and sell the boosters at very cheaper price.
I am now sorting the cards to know what I have and what I will need it.
Thank you for the google group, I will check it.

Moreover, to Sing Khai, as far I Kwon, EVE CCG are discontinued and is not on the official product information of CCP anymore. However, yes, it a good collectible piece of eve, as vintage items, like Sir Substance and Chribba alread said.

Castelo
CCP Falcon
#7 - 2014-05-28 13:42:19 UTC
I've been trying to get hold of a foil Rifter card for while now, to no avail X

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-05-28 15:55:50 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
I've been trying to get hold of a foil Rifter card for while now, to no avail X

Well, convince CCP to revisit the concept of an EVE card game (perhaps with codes on each card that can be redeemed for an ingame EVE card so you can play through EVE with non-local friends). That way youd get your rifter card, I could start collecting cards, and we could all enjoy a nice cardgame (with no motorcycles :/) while docked waiting on FC's to get their stuff together.
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#9 - 2014-05-28 15:59:36 UTC
What if CCP did a 'Hearthstone' for us?

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#10 - 2014-05-28 16:08:26 UTC
I have 2 starters and like 4 boosters I really need to put into sleeves and a binder. took me forever to find the damn things as they were rare when they were being sold. CCP should look into doing it again

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Sing Khai
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-05-28 17:53:35 UTC
Oh good - replies!btw look what I found: https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/3/30/Ccg_chribba.jpg

So "the great war" does that refer to the gallente v caldari war or (Bob v Goon) are these cards reflective of player made history in EVE? That would push me over. I want to know more about early EVE player history.

FYI for anyone like me - http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/05/eve-online-history-book-gets-funded.html

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#12 - 2014-05-28 18:01:21 UTC
Sing Khai wrote:
Oh good - replies!btw look what I found: https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/3/30/Ccg_chribba.jpg

So "the great war" does that refer to the gallente v caldari war or (Bob v Goon) are these cards reflective of player made history in EVE? That would push me over. I want to know more about early EVE player history.

FYI for anyone like me - http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/05/eve-online-history-book-gets-funded.html

Gal vs Caldari. The cards reflected lore, not player events

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Vamp Hakuli
Celestial Precision
#13 - 2014-05-28 21:04:55 UTC
Man I loved the ca d game, I used to run in tourneys and was 1st or placed on a number of them, I still have all of them, nearly every foil plus loads of extras as well as complete folders, I even designed one of the cards, wish I could find someone to play around here since I moved house, we did at one point even play a few games via a web cam with a friend in Ireland.
Bakkhai
Talking In Stations Corporation
#14 - 2014-05-29 17:54:34 UTC
Doesn't seem like it would be hard to make this game playable in Cpt Quarters and or via EVE Gate. The card sales would be an income generator. They could even step that into "walking in station" vendors that have gambling (at a later date of course)...

queue the rioters.
Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#15 - 2014-05-29 19:51:40 UTC
The card game needs to reissued!!
Vivec Septim
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2014-05-29 20:06:47 UTC
I would love to see this integrated in the game as something to do during long waits. (EVE has plenty of those)
I haven't tried the card game, but definitely looking into it.

What other card game would you say it is similar to? MTG, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, that one WoW card game?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. 

Governor McMorris
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-05-29 20:22:55 UTC
Vivec Septim wrote:
I would love to see this integrated in the game as something to do during long waits. (EVE has plenty of those)

What other card game would you say it is similar to? MTG, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, that one WoW card game?

Definitely! I'm thinking perhaps using the cards as a way to unlock ship skins?

FOR SALE

Vivec Septim
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-05-29 20:35:11 UTC
Governor McMorris wrote:
Vivec Septim wrote:

Just saying, but your avatar looks pretty cool lol.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. 

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-05-29 21:05:44 UTC
Governor McMorris wrote:
Vivec Septim wrote:

Maybe as rares in a booster pack, kinda like back in SWG sometimes you got a rare vanity item instead of a playing card when you opened your booster.