These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Help Finding my "Main" and/or "Alt"

First post
Author
Spaceman Jack
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-05-27 15:26:10 UTC
"Ouuuu, your posting with you Alt, why don't you post with your main?"

I have no idea why some think that posting with one toon or another changes the facts or points made in the discussion, but some people think it makes a difference, so I ask...

How do I know which toon is my main, and which is my alt.

I have three account logins, and I PLEX each of them so all three toons are training for a total of 9 viable pilots. The problem is, I cannot find the (clearly obvious) sign/arrow/icon/button/switch which tells me which one of them is my main, and which one is my alt. Am I missing something?

If you guys could help point me in the right direction, I could help some people with their ability to cope with comments as it seems this is the one thing that is hindering them. They must know if I am posting with my main, and I must know as well.

If there is no obvious way to tell at the moment, can CCP implement something to help me know who my main is. Maybe a golden star for the main, and an unhappy face for the alts? This is starting to make me anxious.

Thank you.
Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-05-27 15:33:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Yun Kuai
We'll find whoever it is, someone has 114b waiting for you....

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#3 - 2014-05-27 15:34:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Magnum
The ones in NPC corps can't be your main. Bear

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-05-27 15:38:03 UTC
Which one got put on the monument?
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#5 - 2014-05-27 15:48:22 UTC
Simple. Whichever character(s) you would associate as being you and would generally associate with each other, those are you mains.
The NPC alt you use to post when you know there will be backlash and want to hide your face, that's a forum alt.
If your main is in an NPC corporation, then he will naturally be considered an alt by a portion of the community until it's demonstrated otherwise.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#6 - 2014-05-27 15:49:26 UTC
These are not the alts you are looking for.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#7 - 2014-05-27 15:52:20 UTC
Dirk Magnum wrote:
The ones in NPC corps can't be your main. Bear

Not true.
Erin Torador
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-05-27 15:55:10 UTC
I would say that whichever account you first started off with or whichever account you have been playing on for the longest is your main.

Or maybe the one who you put the most time into?
The most money into?

If you had to delete all of your accounts except 1. (All ISK/Assets transfered over) which one would you keep?
Spaceman Jack
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-05-27 15:58:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Spaceman Jack
Soooo, if all my toons are in a NPC corp, I have no main?
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#10 - 2014-05-27 15:58:36 UTC
Generally speaking, your main would be the one proudly displaying your non npc corp and alliance banners like a rock hard pencil waving session at your enemies.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#11 - 2014-05-27 16:11:12 UTC
If you where only allowed to keep one character which one would that be? That is your main.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#12 - 2014-05-27 16:12:07 UTC
Quote:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department