These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ships showing up on Overview after gate but before decloak

Author
Khalidah Kassab
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-12-04 10:43:34 UTC
While roaming through lowsec i noticed a strange bug. It seems that sometimes (cant reproduce the circumstances) when someone jumps thru a gate, it is possible to see him on grid in the target system although he hasnt decloakd yet. Me and some mates were roaming and camping some gates and i encountered this two times so far.
When it happens you can see the ship (on overview and space) but not target it, same message as if someone is undocking and didnt do anything yet. You can approach them and thereby "decloak" them, after which they are lockable. Can anyone confirm this?
Ilinea
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-12-04 16:07:00 UTC
Khalidah Kassab wrote:
While roaming through lowsec i noticed a strange bug. It seems that sometimes (cant reproduce the circumstances) when someone jumps thru a gate, it is possible to see him on grid in the target system although he hasnt decloakd yet. Me and some mates were roaming and camping some gates and i encountered this two times so far.
When it happens you can see the ship (on overview and space) but not target it, same message as if someone is undocking and didnt do anything yet. You can approach them and thereby "decloak" them, after which they are lockable. Can anyone confirm this?

I thought I had seen this once and really wondered. Since then I was looking again at it but didn't see it again so I wasn't sure if it was just me.

They told me to mine... and I started to mine, the market ;)