These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
New Eden Corporation 98713347
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2841 - 2014-05-27 03:13:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Barton Breau wrote:
afkalt wrote:
And it is - aside from the fitting it is better in every way. The only thing keeping fleet typhoons from blotting out the sun in PvE-land is the wafter-thin-balls-of-steel-kill-or-be-killed-tankā„¢. A rattlesnake tanks like a BOSS and giving it those DPS levels means that, actually, the passive regen alone (on an ACTIVE fit) is sufficient.

But...not many people seem to believe the ferocity of said fleet typhoon and it is the only frame of reference here. All skills V, no implants and the weakest sentries and it'll still lay down 1300+ DPS out to lock range - this thing will two shot low bounty battleships. A rattlesnake is there, or thereabouts but with at least twice the tank.

Edit: If you're semi afking it - you cant really complain in the context of it being pirate and special. Nothing wrong with a bit of multiboxing/background missioning - but you can't complain about the performance when you're not trying Smile

A good comparison with the phoon/navy phoon, but apart of both being very very tight fits (i didnt bother to make them work, the cpu was >6%), you still miss 2 mid slots in the end (omni? tank? tp?), if we are talking high end fury dps, still do less applied dps than the rattler (the navy one by 40 :) ) and will have probably bigger problems and delays with cruisers, bc and frigates, due to low drone dps.

The navy phoon wins by 30 applied dps with navy cruises :)

But yes, while the rattler comes on top, its still nothing you would write home about.

Mind sharing the fits you tried? trying to deiced on my final fit ill use
Edit, My possible Fit
[Rattlesnake, New Setup 1]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Gist A-Type X-Large Shield Booster
EM Ward Field II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Berserker II x2
Ogre II x2
Garde II x2
Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2842 - 2014-05-27 03:50:58 UTC
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Edit, My possible Fit

Nothing fancy, i just played around the idea to do as much dps as possible with ~100km drone range and without tps and similar, drones and volley counting seems enough for me (i dont fly missile ships in general).
The limiting factor is cpu (especially cnbc vs bc II), ofc, drone rig does not help, but is not that different from dla II , 44 cpu.

[Rattlesnake, Drone + Cruise]
Sentient Drone Damage Amplifier

Large Micro Jump Drive
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Targeting Range Script
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Domination Large Shield Booster

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Warden II x2
Bouncer II x2

Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2843 - 2014-05-27 04:00:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Barton Breau wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Edit, My possible Fit

Nothing fancy, i just played around the idea to do as much dps as possible with ~100km drone range and without tps and similar, drones and volley counting seems enough for me (i dont fly missile ships in general).
The limiting factor is cpu (especially cnbc vs bc II), ofc, drone rig does not help, but is not that different from dla II , 44 cpu.

[Rattlesnake, Drone + Cruise]

Large Micro Jump Drive
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Targeting Range Script
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Domination Large Shield Booster

Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Warden II x2
Bouncer II x2

Try something like my edit.
My current Snake is similar but with T2 BCUs and only one DLA. The missiles apply most of their DPS, though the drones only reach out to 80 KM, So you dont need the SeBo THough i do wish i had the range of yours
Foxstar Damaskeenus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2844 - 2014-05-27 05:33:57 UTC
I noticed the Nestor isn't in that list. Any reason?

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2845 - 2014-05-27 06:12:11 UTC
Foxstar Damaskeenus wrote:

It's working as intended... lol
Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2846 - 2014-05-27 06:27:12 UTC
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Edit, My possible Fit

My current Snake is similar but with T2 BCUs and only one DLA. The missiles apply most of their DPS, though the drones only reach out to 80 KM, So you dont need the SeBo THough i do wish i had the range of yours

If i wanted to do tp, cap boosters and 84 control range, i guess i would change one omni for a tp, with a single tp, you still need the angel bs to go 175m/s or below to apply all of scourges fury :) , and you dont need 2 omnis unless you really really want to use curators (60+15 vs 68+19).
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2847 - 2014-05-27 06:34:17 UTC
Barton Breau wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Edit, My possible Fit

If i wanted to do tp, cap boosters and 84 control range, i guess i would change one omni for a tp, with a single tp, you still need the angel bs to go 175m/s or below to apply all of scourges fury :) , and you dont need 2 omnis unless you really really want to use curators (60+15 vs 68+19).

Dual Rigors help with the Speed issue, though i do live out in caldrai space so i get Angels abit less often than Min space.
You really only need a 2 or 3 slot tank for most L4s. So the Cap booster and MJD can be switched out to preferences.
As for the Omnis, they let me use Gardes at longer range for more DPS ( Guristas/Serp missions) Or a Tracking script for when they get close.
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#2848 - 2014-05-27 06:44:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Flyinghotpocket
rise since the dramiel and the cynabal are getting powergrid and cpu nerfs why the HELL isnt the macherial?

your making it so the dram and cynabal cant fit the largest guns and tank full t2 but the mach? just gonna leave that untouched? totally fine with it still being an OP broken ship?

infact the mach is getting straight out buffs even tho its already OP? still going faster than a frigate?

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2849 - 2014-05-27 06:44:26 UTC
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Edit, My possible Fit

Dual Rigors help with the Speed issue, though i do live out in caldrai space so i get Angels abit less often than Min space.
You really only need a 2 or 3 slot tank for most L4s. So the Cap booster and MJD can be switched out to preferences.
As for the Omnis, they let me use Gardes at longer range for more DPS ( Guristas/Serp missions) Or a Tracking script for when they get close.

Its playstyle preference, just keep in mind that 1 vs 2 tp on a 275m/s bs is 622 vs 816 fury dps (2x rigor II + flare I), and gardes 1 vs 2 omis are 35+23 vs 39+30 , if we want to trust eft.

How well that translates to reality is to be seen, i will surely play with this once i have skills, a few hundred m for rig configurations did not kill anyone :)
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2850 - 2014-05-27 07:05:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Barton Breau wrote:

Its playstyle preference, just keep in mind that 1 vs 2 tp on a 275m/s bs is 622 vs 816 fury dps (2x rigor II + flare I), and gardes 1 vs 2 omis are 35+23 vs 39+30 , if we want to trust eft.

How well that translates to reality is to be seen, i will surely play with this once i have skills, a few hundred m for rig configurations did not kill anyone :)

Thermic Dissipation Field II
Gist B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Target Painter II
Target Painter II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II OR Cap Booster

Drone Link Augmentor II

Berserker II x2
Ogre II x2
Garde II x2

I thought there was a bigger bonus on the Omni for range, Guess im thinking of the old passive omnis.

Anyways, This is my idea for Damsel. 2nd Omni will have a Tracking script. Has 630 DPS tank for 3 minutes. It should kill everything fast enough that you dont need to be cap stable. Though Cap booster instead of the 2nd Omni would be good if you messed up.
BTW, Can you link where you got your EFT modifications, Mine doesnt seem to have the faction DDAs
Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2851 - 2014-05-27 07:53:47 UTC
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:

I thought there was a bigger bonus on the Omni for range, Guess im thinking of the old passive omnis.

Anyways, This is my idea for Damsel. 2nd Omni will have a Tracking script. Has 630 DPS tank for 3 minutes. It should kill everything fast enough that you dont need to be cap stable. Though Cap booster instead of the 2nd Omni would be good if you messed up.
BTW, Can you link where you got your EFT modifications, Mine doesnt seem to have the faction DDAs

Omnis have 15% optimal 30% falloff with script, just gardes have 30 optimal to begin with :)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=24359
(change Data_Kronos to Data, the command line switch is not working properly)
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2852 - 2014-05-27 08:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:

Target Painter II
Target Painter II

Drone Link Augmentor II

Berserker II x2
Ogre II x2
Garde II x2

That's about right in terms of fit (I usually eschew a prop mod in general, not jsut for the damsel because if I need one, I'll use a Machariel and that opens up some fitting flex).

That will kick all kinds of ass up and down the place. You'll need more faction though, iirc, or a CPU implant. Which is annoying. And why people are asking for more CPU.

I'd suggest siccing the drones on small stuff whilst blasting the BS with the missiles to start with. Mop up low HP BS with drones at leisure to avoid wasted volleys/overkill. It is a ship you have to pay attention to but it'll pay dividends.
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2853 - 2014-05-27 08:44:54 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:

Target Painter II
Target Painter II

Drone Link Augmentor II

Berserker II x2
Ogre II x2
Garde II x2

That's about right in terms of fit (I usually eschew a prop mod in general, not jsut for the damsel because if I need one, I'll use a Machariel and that opens up some fitting flex).

That will kick all kinds of ass up and down the place. You'll need more faction though, iirc, or a CPU implant. Which is annoying. And why people are asking for more CPU.

I'd suggest siccing the drones on small stuff whilst blasting the BS with the missiles to start with. Mop up low HP BS with drones at leisure to avoid wasted volleys/overkill. It is a ship you have to pay attention to but it'll pay dividends.

Have a 3% implant in my head already, and my EFT didnt have the Faction DDAs yet :D. Im getting 1500 DPS with a 600 DPS tank. Should be fun to unleash on missions.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2854 - 2014-05-27 08:58:39 UTC
iirc the faction DDAs are the same fitting :(

@RIse: More CPU!!!
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#2855 - 2014-05-27 10:54:44 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2856 - 2014-05-27 13:07:59 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:

Interesting that this one survived, should we take it that the nestor was intentionally designed as being unfun? :)
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2857 - 2014-05-27 14:17:04 UTC
Barton Breau wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Interesting that this one survived, should we take it that the nestor was intentionally designed as being unfun? :)

Its fun and I have a few interesting ideas. The price however is not fun, I cant justify spending my isk on one.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#2858 - 2014-05-27 14:25:59 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Barton Breau wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Its fun and I have a few interesting ideas. The price however is not fun, I cant justify spending my isk on one.

Fly some missions for SOE? Same value, but less money spent.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2859 - 2014-05-27 14:40:55 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:

Fly some missions for SOE? Same value, but less money spent.

I would rather sell the SP and buy lots of Megathrons and comedy ravens.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#2860 - 2014-05-27 18:15:40 UTC
Now that we can focus on the other pirate hulls, the Nightmare is still a nightmare to fly.

Unless you have a logistic boat with you all the time that fills your capacitor all day long, the ships is lacking in capacitor regeneration.
(And she still misses her last low slot on SiSi..)

Using tech2 disks with your four turrets and flying with your afterburner on, which I strongly recommend, eats so much capacitor that your shield tank will fail and you commit suicide by undocking in the first place.

The Succubus and the Phantasm don't have this problem and they can do it just fine.

What I would suggest is that you do not 'balance' the performance of lasers with the constand use of 'standard' disks but the use of tech2 disks or decrease the capacitor tax of 100nm afterburnern, your choice.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever