These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Possible Shuttle Tiericide/ re-balancing?

Author
Justin Cody
War Firm
#1 - 2014-05-24 13:37:02 UTC
I was looking at my gallente shuttle today and realized it had ridiculous cpu and grid for a ship that has no slots (rigs or otherwise).

Going along with the current balances for freighters...I would like to see shuttles get some creative energy put into them. Or maybe just have its cpu and grid nerfed as they are non-functional to begin with.

Ideas:

1) Add a mid and low slot and 2 rig slots (250 compensation)
2) Have some racial variation in functionality with all having 2 rig slots

Amarr: 1 hi, 1, mid, 2x low, 2x rig
Gallente: same as amarr
Minmatar: 1 hi, 2 mid 1 low 2 rig
Caldari: same as minmatar

This also brings in the ability to have pirate shuttles and maybe even t2 shuttles if there is a role to fill but its probably not necessary aside from slightly increased warp speed and agility with the only requirements being navigation 5 and warp drive operation 5 to use. Maybe only the t2 ones can go through the new player built stargates....I have no idea but its *something*.
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2014-05-24 19:26:21 UTC
Justin Cody wrote:
I was looking at my gallente shuttle today and realized it had ridiculous cpu and grid for a ship that has no slots (rigs or otherwise).

Going along with the current balances for freighters...I would like to see shuttles get some creative energy put into them. Or maybe just have its cpu and grid nerfed as they are non-functional to begin with.

Ideas:

1) Add a mid and low slot and 2 rig slots (250 compensation)
2) Have some racial variation in functionality with all having 2 rig slots

Amarr: 1 hi, 1, mid, 2x low, 2x rig
Gallente: same as amarr
Minmatar: 1 hi, 2 mid 1 low 2 rig
Caldari: same as minmatar

This also brings in the ability to have pirate shuttles and maybe even t2 shuttles if there is a role to fill but its probably not necessary aside from slightly increased warp speed and agility with the only requirements being navigation 5 and warp drive operation 5 to use. Maybe only the t2 ones can go through the new player built stargates....I have no idea but its *something*.

Why? Shuttles are cheap throw-away transportation, nothing more. If you want a cheap throw-away ship with fitting space, fly a rookie ship. If you want to get across space faster, fly an interceptor.
Raw Matters
Brilliant Starfire
#3 - 2014-05-24 19:31:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Raw Matters
I don't see the point of fitting a shuttle, as we have fast frigs for that, but I'd really like to see some advanced shuttles. For example with features like (just throwing around random ideas):

• +2 warp strength
  • Ignores non-targeted interdiction
  • Advanced auto-pilot that actually jumps directly to the star-gate.
  • Higher warp-speed.

Maybe this could work like the T3 ships, just that you do select the features when you construct them and once they have been produced, those features cannot be changed anymore. Like: manufacture -> add extra -> warp core stabilizer II
Bohneik Itohn
#4 - 2014-05-24 19:41:01 UTC
Raw Matters wrote:
I don't see the point of fitting a shuttle, as we have fast frigs for that, but I'd really like to see some advanced shuttles. For example with features like (just throwing around random ideas):

• +2 warp strength
  • Higher warp-speed.

Maybe this could work like the T3 ships, just that you do select the features when you construct them and once they have been produced, those features cannot be changed anymore. Like: manufacture -> add extra -> warp core stabilizer II

You want a plex hauler...

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-05-24 20:37:03 UTC
I'd like to see shuttles gain rig slots, and I'd also like to see a new ship added: a heavy shuttle -- slower and less agile than a regular shuttle but still about as fast as and more agile than an interceptor, and with a little bit of fitting room and slightly more cargo space, say 25m3. Maybe 75-100tf CPU and 10-15MW powergrid, 3-4 total mid and low slots, and rig slots. It should be unable to fit Auxiliary Power Units.
With proper fit, it would be just as fast and agile as a regular shuttle but with more cargo space. It would also cost more and have a larger sig radius. Alternatively, you could fit an afterburner or MWD to these, and their low mass would make them exceptionally fast. You could tackle with them, but their tight fitting would make fast frigates preferable in most cases.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Sieges
#6 - 2014-05-25 06:04:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Sieges
Maybe instead of rigs and subsystems, shuttle could just have some high, medium and low slots? It would be better than the semi permanence of rigs.

EDIT: Did you give any thought to a drone bay? Shuttles are pretty defenseless as-is. Maybe 25 m3 25 bandwidth?
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#7 - 2014-05-25 07:43:36 UTC
Give every shuttle 0 PG and CPU, add a high, mid and low slot with appropriate hardpoint(s)and add a role bonus of -100% to PG and CPU use of civilian modules. Now they are fun.
Shivanthar
#8 - 2014-05-25 10:06:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivanthar
Raw Matters wrote:

• +2 warp strength
  • Higher warp-speed.

Wow! Is this a sarcasm? :)

I can tell, at least one of your conditions are met:

Higher warp speed --> Leopard
+2 Warp strength --> Leopard + core navigation elite (no more available in this form unfortunately) + agility implants

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Shivanthar
#9 - 2014-05-25 10:10:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivanthar
Abrazzar wrote:
Give every shuttle 0 PG and CPU, add a high, mid and low slot with appropriate hardpoint(s)and add a role bonus of -100% to PG and CPU use of civilian modules. Now they are fun.

^ This! Never seen a suggestion to make a good use of civilian modules this much! I liked it! I liked it! +1

Edit: BTW, shuttle doesn't need to be nerfed. It just needs a role bonus: "can only fit civilian modules". I think that should be enough.

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Caljiav Ocanon
The Holy Rollers
#10 - 2014-05-25 11:34:08 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:

Flight of a thousand shuttles needs to be a thing and with civilian mods because that would be hilariously awesome.

+1
Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#11 - 2014-05-25 19:23:30 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:

Genius walks among us
Justin Cody
War Firm
#12 - 2014-05-26 09:16:09 UTC
Raw Matters wrote:

• +2 warp strength
  • Higher warp-speed.

so you want a ship that plays eve for you while you AFK around uncatchable.