These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

lack of Gal Mil Civil War

First post First post
Author
Lexiana Del'Amore
Nouvelle Rouvenor
#41 - 2014-05-22 10:45:54 UTC
Perunga + Crosi Weirdo + Guiynan on Teamspeak sounds like a civil war...
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#42 - 2014-05-22 10:54:44 UTC
Lexiana Del'Amore wrote:
Perunga + Crosi Weirdo + Guiynan on Teamspeak sounds like a civil war...

Buy a mic and join the fun instead of being just as bad, but limited to fleet chat :)
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2014-05-22 12:23:57 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:

'Remember it is YOUR fault for shooting them because YOU didn't follow our instruction.'
or
'While we are techically about to be at war against Repeat 0ffenders you are NOT to engage them, and they shouldn't engage you'
or my fav
'As your notifications will no doubt tell you, we declared war against a fellow Gal Mil alliance, and then retracted it a short time later'

PPP

Oh I loved the ragefilled alliance mails because Mirana missclicked and instead of declaring war, allied with the guys we were supposed to shoot.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#44 - 2014-05-22 12:46:44 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Us aussies should be sticking together. You do a disservice to everyone who had your back by telling them to contribute to goons instead of fixing their problems.

I've heard rumours IbanezLaney is going to form an Australian roleplaying alliance called Band of Bogans where you're only allowed to fly minmatar ships (Because they're space Holdens) and your character portrait must have a mullet or you get kicked out.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Niden
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-05-22 13:19:15 UTC
Nah, it's a lot more base than that. Gal Mil cohesion often came down to the simple fact that we shared comms - probably the most powerful tool in all of FW.

/N
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#46 - 2014-05-22 13:22:34 UTC
Napoleon Baleine wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Us aussies should be sticking together. You do a disservice to everyone who had your back by telling them to contribute to goons instead of fixing their problems.

I totally agree man someone has to bring this IbanezLaney to justice... will it be you?

It's this kind of behavior that gets your (former) militia into trouble.... just sayin'
Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#47 - 2014-05-22 21:21:23 UTC
We still have the drama llama that gets loose now and again...

...but as others have already said, the majority of us have been flying together for years (literally). So even when we disagree, we're able to settle it before it turns into a 'civil war'. And those that do try to stir up nonsense usually find their way to the door pretty quickly...
DJ FunkyBacon
Rabid Ninja Space Monkey Inc.
Monkeys with Guns.
#48 - 2014-05-22 22:43:09 UTC
Pretty much, the core group in Gal Mil has been together for a long time now, most of the larger central corps and alliances have been flying together for 2+ years. In that time, Nenna, Vlill, and Nisuwa have never been taken, and every time it's been attempted, those groups have always had each other's backs. That's a bond right there, where every time one is threatened, the others come piling in knowing when it's their turn to get picked on the favor will be returned in spades.

Every once in a while some new group will come in and make a splash, and act like a bunch of douche bags, The typical response is that central group making things difficult until the new group chills or leaves. I still remember some corp called Silver Pigs that joined up, shot up someone in JUSTK or GMVA and then acted like a bunch of badasses about it. I think they had 6 wardecs by the end of that afternoon and were out of the militia 2 days later.

Also, since you need an Ishtar or a Proteus to farm Gallente lvl 4s and can't do them in stealth bombers, we never get failing null alliances joining up to farm cash and **** in our cheerios. In fact, when they join our enemies, it gives people more stuff to shoot and bigger fleets are needed, which gets people flying together even more.

Those are just a few of my theories

Radio Host, Blogger, Lowsec Resident, PvP Afficionado.

funkybacon.com - Blog

FunkyBacon on Twitter

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#49 - 2014-05-23 01:40:27 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Phox Jorkarzul wrote:
What I'm talking about is ful on Civil War. As in Khan and borg were ran off, or WINMATAR and losematar. Why doesn't that happen in the GalMil?

I also think that the tendency of failed nullbears to use FW to refill their coffers has a lot to do with it. None of them join GalMIl, so we don't have the same influx of arrogant money grubbing know it alls who want to come in and tell us how things are supposed to be done, all while expecting us to bow before their obvious superiority..

This makes sense - although I am not sure null sec alliances are the cause of the civil wars. They do tend to be disruptive though.

Perhaps null sec alliances don't want to lose standings because of jita. There is no questions Amarr and Caldari tend to get more null sec alliances. The only exception I remember was when one of BOBs corps joined Minmatar.

The fact that null sec alliances tend to join Amarr and Caldari is the one reason I would be tempted to fly for gallente or minmatar.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#50 - 2014-05-23 03:52:42 UTC
One of the reason I like being part of Calmil (when I'm in FW that is Lol ) is that I'd rather fight the better players.

If I flew in Galmil then I'd end up fighting all the day old alts and drama lamas and that just gets boring.

I'd rather have a good fight, a bit of banter then reship and do it again Cool you can do that against the Galmil guys and gals!

The Amarr/Minnie WZ however is a total different ball game. It's small size coupled with way too much bitter vet whining just makes it not desirable to casual GF's to be had. And don't even think about escalating a fight as you'll just get the attention of a bored piratebear group who will just hot drop your ass and blap everything.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Mabego Tetrimon
Spiritus Draconis
#51 - 2014-05-23 08:00:30 UTC
Phox Jorkarzul wrote:
I was wondering after reading about the Amarr Civil Wars, the Caldari and the Minmatar. Why is it that the Gal Mil never falls into them.

i am more surprised that there are Civil wars at all....only motiviation for a civil war is stupid pride......
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-05-23 10:54:48 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
One of the reason I like being part of Calmil (when I'm in FW that is Lol ) is that I'd rather fight the better players.

If I flew in Galmil then I'd end up fighting all the day old alts and drama lamas and that just gets boring.

Lots of folks say that, and it'd work as long as you're in general militia and fly solo for the most part. At that point you're probably better off joining a corp like Stay Frosty - better camaraderie and still get to shoot us.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#53 - 2014-05-23 11:30:31 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
The more interesting thing is that both Khan and Winmatar fit right in when they joined Gallente Militia. What's up with that?

gallente needs more t1 fitted atron pilots so everything is fine !
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#54 - 2014-05-23 13:57:06 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
The more interesting thing is that both Khan and Winmatar fit right in when they joined Gallente Militia. What's up with that?
gallente needs more t1 fitted atron pilots so everything is fine !

There is no finer ship in the game, only more expensive ones.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#55 - 2014-05-23 16:46:17 UTC
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:
Phox Jorkarzul wrote:
I was wondering after reading about the Amarr Civil Wars, the Caldari and the Minmatar. Why is it that the Gal Mil never falls into them.

i am more surprised that there are Civil wars at all....only motiviation for a civil war is stupid pride......

The wars I saw were due to awoxing and stuff like that.

Most things are worked out by CEOs before things get out of control.

Many people who join Gallente seem to join established corps with experienced CEOs and that makes a big difference when it comes to sorting out problems that arise before things get out of hand.

But I honestly didn't see any wars when I was in Calmil that were motivated by pride.

Rahelis
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-05-23 20:02:38 UTC
I saw lots.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#57 - 2014-05-23 22:02:55 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:

Lots of folks say that, and it'd work as long as you're in general militia and fly solo for the most part. At that point you're probably better off joining a corp like Stay Frosty - better camaraderie and still get to shoot us.

Well I normally fly (die) solo so I'm ok with that. Lol

I do know a lot of the pirates in the area etc and are on good terms with them and will fleet up if something nice comes along (without awoxing etc) However being in the militia has a host of advantages that being pirate does not. Namely sec status and easy isk. And for a casual player in a dead TZ like me that is a big advantage. At the moment I'm trying various activities that I used to do years gone by to see how they compare but I've a feeling I'll be back to getting killed by galls sooner than later. Twisted

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Yuri Antollare
Moira.
#58 - 2014-05-24 07:06:58 UTC
DJ FunkyBacon wrote:
I still remember some corp called Silver Pigs that joined up, shot up someone in JUSTK or GMVA and then acted like a bunch of badasses about it.

That was me, they killed my very first (meta fit) Brutix. Cold sweats just thinking about it.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#59 - 2014-05-24 19:27:55 UTC
As I recall some GMVA dudes caught one of them killing a belt rat or some other silliness in his Megathron the first days of the wardec, so there was some karma for your betrayed Brutix.
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2014-05-24 19:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Baron' Soontir Fel
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Veskrashen wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:

Well I normally fly (die) solo so I'm ok with that. Lol
Twisted

That's the one thing I miss about CalMil.

I used to able to find quality 1v1s everywhere. Really quality 1v1s. Now its more small gang and 1vmany b/c calmil doesn't really solo as much