These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Current Sisi Mirror Information

First post
Author
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-12-02 11:30:26 UTC
Hi all,

I know many of you are upset about the recent mirror. The mirror was not announced because it was unplanned. We had a hardware fault that caused us to have to apply a new mirror onto Sisi, and this occurred at a time that we were unable to communicate it effectively. For your information, this will last for approximately 2 weeks, at which point we will be remirroring and moving back to the former hardware. I would advise you to not conduct any projects that will be adversely affected by this. As a sidenote - because of the intended short time frame of this mirror, the Doomsday Testing alliance will not exist for this 2 week period. We apologise for the inconvenience and will hope to resume normal service as soon as possible.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Socomar
Quantum Corp
#2 - 2011-12-02 23:55:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Socomar
will it go back to what we had before?
oh and what about the sp we get from testing?
will we lose it too when it gets fixed?
Erogo Proxy
Terra Nanotech
The Initiates.
#3 - 2011-12-03 12:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Erogo Proxy
....I swear you guys just love messing with me, just keep this mirror i spent several days awake gathering mods and fully researched super BPOs and have gotten the best haul so far. And last mirror nothing I asked for got done lets just keep this one.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-12-03 21:33:46 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Hi all,

I know many of you are upset about the recent mirror. The mirror was not announced because it was unplanned. We had a hardware fault that caused us to have to apply a new mirror onto Sisi, and this occurred at a time that we were unable to communicate it effectively. For your information, this will last for approximately 2 weeks, at which point we will be remirroring and moving back to the former hardware. I would advise you to not conduct any projects that will be adversely affected by this. As a sidenote - because of the intended short time frame of this mirror, the Doomsday Testing alliance will not exist for this 2 week period. We apologise for the inconvenience and will hope to resume normal service as soon as possible.

Will CCP plan on doing the final switch over to the fuel blocks before destroying this mirror? Plus why not just leave this mirror since it's already here.
Blackrainbow Elite
Tagwache
#5 - 2011-12-03 22:51:35 UTC
how bout our longtime projects this time ? can u tell us somethink bout it ?
Cash Stalker
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2011-12-04 02:31:27 UTC
well i got most of my points back and its likey be faster to rebuild on this one as long as i have my sp back.
would be nice if our system could get set back to full updates and speed up stuff so it dont take long to get back where we was.
once we get everything back to where we was you need to make a mirror of this one.
then a new mirror each time a patch is about to be done to keep things safe from an err just in case. :)
Erogo Proxy
Terra Nanotech
The Initiates.
#7 - 2011-12-04 04:19:13 UTC
In my opinion it would be great if they only mirrored every 4-6 months. Again just keep this mirror and save your self trouble most people I talked to prefer this anyway (Surprise mirror made for a good haul in contracts)
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-12-04 04:40:26 UTC
CCP Can we revert the changes to the drone hordes too plz?

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Sutec
Quantum Corp
#9 - 2011-12-04 05:18:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sutec
how come i only got 2m?
i should have at least 3m more comeing.
i know i lost 3m at least from mirror messup.
and i was at the last two tests witch would be about 4m.
and that dont even count the last mirror messup.
or am i out of luck on the messup?
Harvister
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-12-05 11:22:02 UTC
As much as i like these questions and requests to be answered you guys keep forgetting that its a testing server.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2011-12-05 12:57:20 UTC
Skillpoints:

The last 5 mass tests will be refunded to the best of my knowledge. Skillpoints you have trained yourself will not be. This is because Singularity is a test server and is not intended for regular play.

Mirroring:

Mirrors will usually occur every 6 weeks or so. If this changes it will be to fit our testing purposes.

Long Term Projects:

Due to the nature of the test server we will guarantee nothing in terms of long-term stability. I realise some of you may find this frustrating, but as I say it is not an environment for regular play. We do our best to give notice of mirrors in so far in advance as we can. This is not always possible.

Hope this clears up the questions in this thread.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Sutec
Quantum Corp
#12 - 2011-12-05 15:45:57 UTC
well going by that i still only got 2m i have more sp comeing.
Socott
Quantum Corp
#13 - 2011-12-05 15:48:57 UTC
then i have 2m comeing at least then.
Socomar
Quantum Corp
#14 - 2011-12-05 15:53:27 UTC
my other player " aomagar " has 4m comeing then.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-12-05 16:46:12 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Skillpoints:

The last 5 mass tests will be refunded to the best of my knowledge. Skillpoints you have trained yourself will not be. This is because Singularity is a test server and is not intended for regular play.

Mirroring:

Mirrors will usually occur every 6 weeks or so. If this changes it will be to fit our testing purposes.

Long Term Projects:

Due to the nature of the test server we will guarantee nothing in terms of long-term stability. I realise some of you may find this frustrating, but as I say it is not an environment for regular play. We do our best to give notice of mirrors in so far in advance as we can. This is not always possible.

Hope this clears up the questions in this thread.

It really didn't answer the question about the fuelblocks/POS Towers for this mirror.
Socomar
Quantum Corp
#16 - 2011-12-06 10:34:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Socomar
i dont see why yall bother to give us sp at test if we are going to lose them anyway.
i keep going back to what sp i have on tq server.
witch is vary low.
so why even bother?
Nika Dekaia
#17 - 2011-12-06 18:07:24 UTC
Socomar wrote:
i dont see why yall bother to give us sp at test if we are going to lose them anyway.
i keep going back to what sp i have on tq server.
witch is vary low.
so why even bother?
If you manage to take part in the masstest regularily, you will have up to 10mil SP after every mirror. Pretty good deal if you ask me. And you're even helping making Eve better.
Socott
Quantum Corp
#18 - 2011-12-10 09:45:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Socott
i got put back to when i was just a trial player from the mirror...lol
so ya i lost a lot. but i did get back to full account again. :)
but we keep loseing sp each time. if you get yours back i dont see how... when i know my players dont get all back.
i keep going back to tq server sp i have there not here.
and i not talking training sp. it's mass test sp as well we lose.
hay there is a god...lol
ccp give it and take it away...XD
Jed Stevens
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#19 - 2011-12-10 19:04:05 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Hi all,

I completely understand the reasons for a new mirror. Even though it was inconvenient for those of us testing sov related features, at least the sp is being replaced correctly. That is the really important part as i use the test server to fulfill my indecisiveness on future training plans. So thanks for that at least.

If possible i was wondering the best place to get advanced warning on the new mirror due in a few days. Or when it is scheduled at least. Hope thats not to much to ask.
Elvyre
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2011-12-12 15:32:15 UTC
2 weeks from the annouced date would be the 16th of december I believe. I was wondering if we had an exact date on the new mirror. I just bought a toon on char baz and am excited to try it out before I drop money into big ships on tran.