These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AF for HS and LS combat site ?

Author
Kaletha Caelum
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-05-19 15:36:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaletha Caelum
Hi all !

First sorry for my crappy english.

I'm looking for a ship able to do most HS and LS combat site (3-4/10).

I have a good vexor fit but Its annoying to scan down 4 sites in row and not being able to go threw teh gate.

I'v heard AF are pretty good to do most combat stuff. Since i 'v no skill at all in gunnery (mainly drone / missile) i'm asking what kind of AF fits would work.

Maybe some LML Hawk fits are able to do the job in a comfortable way ?

Thanks for your help !
McRoll
Extraction and Exploration Ltd.
#2 - 2014-05-19 19:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: McRoll
For highsec you might try Astero since it has drones and you can scan and do the combat stuff all in one, should be enough for the DED 1-3. Otherwise if you have no gunnery, Hawk is the best choice if you want an AF - or Corax/Talwar destroyers. Basically everything can complete the small DED's, just take the sip you can fly already.

Wont work for the lowsec stuff though if you want to complete the sites in a reasonable amount of type, here a T3 or Ishtar is your best choice.

As for the Hawk, really straightforward to fit, 2 BCU's, 4 light misile launchers a small shield booster + hardeners and thats it. Might as well even skip the shield booster and just fit a shield extender, incoming damage is pitiful there. Control incoming damage by staying out of range.
Kaletha Caelum
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-05-19 20:41:28 UTC
Thank you dude :)
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#4 - 2014-05-19 21:22:37 UTC
Really any of the AFs can be fitted for this role, I like to use PvP fit Ishkurs to do 1-4/10s in Guristas space.
Katara TBE
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-05-19 21:36:41 UTC
yeah ishkurs are good up to 6/10 but take ages also try the harpy,hawk

https://zkillboard.com/character/336632283/

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#6 - 2014-05-19 22:10:41 UTC
I like LM Hawk.
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-05-20 11:48:14 UTC
i used to run 3/10's (sansha) in a LM kestrel just because my caracal was too far away to be worth fetching.
It was hilariously easy to kite and alpha. (going close in made the tank fold in seconds)

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#8 - 2014-05-21 11:32:46 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
I like LM Hawk.

This. Crow works aswell with an MSE, but takes a whole lot longer having only 2/3 of a hawk's dps.