These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want more pirates ship to fill in the other ship classes

Author
Daniel Toner
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-05-18 23:53:42 UTC
and that is all give some ideas for ship looks etc. Big smile
Fred P
Carebears of New Eden
#2 - 2014-05-19 01:35:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Fred P
What?

Is this like a more useless "I want pirate destroyers/battlecruisers" thread?
'Cause you sure are being vague an uninformative.
xPredat0rz
Project.Nova
The Initiative.
#3 - 2014-05-19 03:41:54 UTC
I wouldnt mind seeing something along the lines of a pirate battlecruiser. Downside is getting them to effectively be a middle ground when compared to the Cruisers and Battleships. Would have to be something along the lines of a Tier 3 BC with an ewar bonus.

Pirate Destroyers would be just as hard. Do you make them along the lines of a better T1 hull without completely overshadowing the Dictor and its roles? So again do you have a dps hull with ewar bonuses of some type so it has its own niche? Do you design a completely new hull or paint one of the old ones. Or how about a Covert Ops dps hull?

Yes i like new fancy toys. But I like new fancy toys that exist for a reason.
Dorian Tormak
RBON United
#4 - 2014-05-19 18:13:56 UTC
How about Tier 3 destroyers that use medium sized weapons?

Holy Satanic Christ! This is a Goddamn Signature!

McRoll
Extraction and Exploration Ltd.
#5 - 2014-05-19 18:50:53 UTC
Dorian Tormak wrote:

I support that idea. Also, I would like a Tier IV BS with XL weapons, a mini- dread. Reason behind this is that the capital ship amount in Eve rises further and further with time and smaller entities might have a problem to fight back - i have been hotdropped in lowsec when we were flying a couple of cruisers and hacs - what we did was to counterdrop our own dreads and carriers.

This is ridiculous and leaves smaller corps without cap pilots chanceless. So I propose an affordable and mobile glascannon tier IV bs with capital weapons that works the same as Tier III BC's right now. Such ships would help to counter the powercreep and give less wealthy players a chance to fight back and give that cap feeling.

Same with such destroyers, new players would be able to bring cruiser dps to hac and cruiser gangs relatively cheap - of course they would be glascannons as well so they dont obsolete cruisers.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#6 - 2014-05-19 18:57:15 UTC
Dorian Tormak wrote:

The attack cruisers already fill that role pretty well. Some of them are even faster than the destroyers.

❤️️💛💚💙💜