These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The destroyer buff

Author
Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2011-11-16 04:52:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Moneta Curran
Quote:

Kind of feels like an interdictor nerf though.

This.

It would be a terrible oversight not to apply these changes to interdictors!
To mare
Advanced Technology
#62 - 2011-11-16 06:11:50 UTC
Sniperdoc wrote:
Alsyth wrote:
With their decreased sig and massive dps/EHP buff, they can murder cruisers and some BCs now, that's a bit overpowered in my opinion. An AB thrasher can solo any med-sized gunship if they can orbit close and kill its drones.

Yes. I found the same. You can actually use a destroyer to solo cruisers now as well. So, a BIT overpowered.

you can solo cruiser even in a frigate if you are good and the cruiser pilot is a noob i dont see the problem here
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#63 - 2011-11-22 05:05:30 UTC
I don't really understand the whinage. Dessies are meant to be anti-frigate "glass cannons".

Dessies have needed this "cannon" buff for a long time, in order to better fulfill their designed roles as frigate killers. The buff does not change the "glass" part, so they can't fit more than a frigate-class tank. A properly tanked PVP combat cruiser will still kill a dessie in a 1v1 fight, assuming equivalent pilot skills. A solo frig will not be able to kill a dessie, but 2-3 frigs probably will do the job. Sure, a high-skilled dessie pilot may be able to solo noob cruisers, but a high-skilled frigate pilot may be able to solo noob destroyers - sounds like balance to me.

The best part is that dessies are easy to train for everyone, including noobs. You only need racial frig 3, and the dessie skill itself has only a 2x time multiplier. They use small guns/missiles which everyone has already trained up for frigs. And, like BCs, as you train up the single dessie skill, you get the bonuses for all of the racial dessies, so cross-training is a breeze. I can see dessie gangs becoming as popular as BC gangs, esp. for newer pilots. Much fun for all!

Except maybe for AFK haulers and miners.... lol.
Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2011-11-22 12:01:59 UTC
Destroyers > Frigates
Battlecruisers > Cruisers

T1, T2 - they should run similar due to very similar fitting operations (small/small -> medium/medium). So if BC's can give grief to BS's at times, it works that a Destroyer could mess with a cruiser. If HAC's and BC's duke it out in a rough fashion while AF's and Destroyers do the same - that works, be it due to DPS or tank. They can work differently but they should follow a similar model and it's looking like that will work.

I must admit though that if the thrasher is so overshadowing even with this update that something should be done to bring it in line with the other ships of its class; especially while such a re-tuning is going on.
Stralow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2011-11-25 11:19:10 UTC
I bring this up again. Am I the only one, who thinks that only 3 AU warp speed is a little slow for a anti frig ship like the destroyer? Even my basilisk is faster now and that is a cruiser.

i say we take off and nuke the whole site from orbit. it's the only way to be sure

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#66 - 2011-12-03 22:27:41 UTC
Give the Cormorant an 8th turret and fix it's fitting grid for the better. Give the Thrasher an 8th turret. Trade it's damage bonus for a falloff bonus. Done and balanced.