These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kronos features on Singularity

First post
Author
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2014-05-18 17:44:17 UTC
Cptn Bagel wrote:
And what about the dominix redesign? Will the space potato's days finally be numbered with kronos?

Nope, not slated for Kronos.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Orla- King-Griffin
#42 - 2014-05-18 21:38:51 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Cptn Bagel wrote:
And what about the dominix redesign? Will the space potato's days finally be numbered with kronos?

Pitty, iv never seen this community unanimous about anything *givesteampirateunicornsthestinkeye* untill the domi pics dropped.

Ah shite...

Eli Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#43 - 2014-05-19 08:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Eli Hakomairos
CCP Goliath wrote:
Cptn Bagel wrote:

I take it from the lack of mention in the dev blog we wont see the beautiful new typhoon then?

/disappointed

Any estimated release time on them at least?
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2014-05-19 09:57:05 UTC
Eli Hakomairos wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Cptn Bagel wrote:

I take it from the lack of mention in the dev blog we wont see the beautiful new typhoon then?

/disappointed

It's not entirely off the table, just a "if it makes it in" at this stage I believe.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#45 - 2014-05-19 10:43:02 UTC
Hi
Ive tested on SISI and theres an issue with the cycle time bonus on the hulk capping out hulks with just the lazers and 2 invul running

is it possible to get the capacitor requirements for the lazers reduced to compensate for the faster cycle times please

many thanks
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#46 - 2014-05-19 11:04:08 UTC
Flashmala wrote:
So, I drove all the exhumers on Sisi this morning.... I'm seeing cycle duration time for the Skiff and Mackinaws at 145.8s, and the Hulk at 122.4. This is intended?
That is correct, the Hulk has a more substantial reduction to cycle time than the Skiff or Mackinaw.

Ncc 1709 wrote:
Hi
Ive tested on SISI and theres an issue with the cycle time bonus on the hulk capping out hulks with just the lazers and 2 invul running

is it possible to get the capacitor requirements for the lazers reduced to compensate for the faster cycle times please

many thanks
I've checked this out and this is expected with the new design, you will not be able to run two inulvn fields and two mining lasers without worrying about your cap usage!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#47 - 2014-05-19 11:09:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Ncc 1709
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Flashmala wrote:
So, I drove all the exhumers on Sisi this morning.... I'm seeing cycle duration time for the Skiff and Mackinaws at 145.8s, and the Hulk at 122.4. This is intended?
That is correct, the Hulk has a more substantial reduction to cycle time than the Skiff or Mackinaw.

Ncc 1709 wrote:
Hi

many thanks
I've checked this out and this is expected with the new design, you will not be able to run two inulvn fields and two mining lasers without worrying about your cap usage!

so lower skilled players will be capping out without the invuls? that makes the hulk ineffective and lower skilled players unable to make isk effectly with it?
is that whats intended? forcing newer players out of the hulk into the skiff?
Also the hulk has 3 lazers, not 2...
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#48 - 2014-05-19 11:13:41 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Flashmala wrote:

Ncc 1709 wrote:
Hi

many thanks

so lower skilled players will be capping out without the invuls? that makes the hulk ineffective and lower skilled players unable to make isk effectly with it?

Hulk

Low skill

Pick one.
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#49 - 2014-05-19 11:17:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ncc 1709
how many hulk pilots do you know that have perfect capacitor skills to just run lazers?

the idea was to spread the load on the various exhumers, all this change does is force them into skiffs, which as a producer, I don't actually mind as it means more isk for me. but its going to force 60% of the hulk users into skiffs just so they can keep the lazers running.

Also the change will Stop people from changing crystals, as changing crystals takes a lot of cap to do

as changing crystals needs cap and the idea of the hulk is to be able to use them, will the cap requirement to change crystals be changing or being removed?
Grarr Dexx
Cassowaries
Accept Your Fate
#50 - 2014-05-19 11:41:09 UTC
Adapt, or die.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#51 - 2014-05-19 12:05:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Ncc 1709 wrote:
how many hulk pilots do you know that have perfect capacitor skills to just run lazers?
Well ... as Mining barges and Exhumers are also ships, it's about time that the pilots get their core Engineering skills up. T2 Ships and mediocre basic skills doesn't pair well.

Edit: I just dropped my Industry alt into a Hulk equipped with Hedbergite crystals and this nullsec fitting. Looks fine for me (now w/o survey scanner cap usage, even better). Will check what Arkonor Crystals do later.

NPEISDRIP

Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#52 - 2014-05-19 12:08:33 UTC
These people should stop training into exhumers before decent core skills (which takes a lot less SP).
Ariel Rin
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#53 - 2014-05-19 12:31:32 UTC
honestly, i did some testing over on the mining barge thread, the cap is not bad,

i am not max skills, but high, 5 and 4 for management and operation respectively, but without cap rechargers its practically nothing to change the crystals out in the grand scheme of things

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4612909#post4612909

Ariel Rin

Creator and Manager of EVE Meet, for notification and sharing of out of game meets.

Twitter - Ariel Rin - EVE Meet

Eli Hakomairos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#54 - 2014-05-19 13:23:59 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Eli Hakomairos wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Cptn Bagel wrote:

/disappointed

It's not entirely off the table, just a "if it makes it in" at this stage I believe.

Here's to hoping for it, it is without a doubt one of the best looking designs I've seen. About time mine got a facelift.
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#55 - 2014-05-19 13:27:48 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Flashmala wrote:

Ncc 1709 wrote:
Hi

many thanks

Or you could not run your invuls unless there are NPCs / gankers in the asteroid field. You wanna keep them activated so you can go afk for the 30s before your hold fills up.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2014-05-19 14:45:33 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Lebowski
Ncc 1709 wrote:

My bad, I meant three lasers of course! Lol

And in regards to your other complaints, let me draw attention to the hulks description in game:

"Exhumers, like their mining barge cousins, were each created to excel at a specific function, the Hulk's being mining yield. The additional yield comes at a price, as the Hulk has weaker defenses and a smaller ore bay than the other exhumers."

The exact role that the Hulk fills is sacrificing tank for yield, and the new changes don't change that.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

SpaceSaft
Almost Dangerous
Wolves Amongst Strangers
#57 - 2014-05-19 16:11:23 UTC  |  Edited by: SpaceSaft
The prospect is not in the ISIS system yet?

Yeah ISIS is also not updated for the new condor skin yet.

Also the audio thing doesn't fit into the options window 3 things are overlapping...
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#58 - 2014-05-19 23:27:36 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Ncc 1709 wrote:

My bad, I meant three lasers of course! Lol

And in regards to your other complaints, let me draw attention to the hulks description in game:

"Exhumers, like their mining barge cousins, were each created to excel at a specific function, the Hulk's being mining yield. The additional yield comes at a price, as the Hulk has weaker defenses and a smaller ore bay than the other exhumers."

The exact role that the Hulk fills is sacrificing tank for yield, and the new changes don't change that.

The new changes stiffly exaggerate that sacrifice though.
Cordo Draken
ABOS Industrial Enterprises
#59 - 2014-05-20 01:25:14 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:
Weren't the redesign of Typhoon/Moa/Eagle and the Mordus-ships also promised for Kronos? The Moa still looks its ugly old self and the Mordus ships aren't there yet.

I hope this doesn't mean the redesigns and the new ships are pushed back, too?

Moa and Mordus ships will be coming in a build SoonTM. Not 100% on the Typhoon.

WHEEEEENNNN???!!! Must See! Must Test! Cool

Whomever said, "You only get one shot to make a good impression," was utterly wrong. I've made plenty of great impressions with my Autocannons 

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#60 - 2014-05-20 12:38:54 UTC
Mordus ships come from the wrong races.

As the thread mentions it, they are supposed to be Gallente / Caldari but they have some minmatar traits in them.

Remove them.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever