These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is Gallente the best race ?

First post First post
Author
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#101 - 2014-05-18 17:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelique Duchemin
I don't see why anyone would train "race specific" All ships and weapon systems have their own trees after the tiercide.

If you want to fly an Archon because it's the most popular Carrier then that doesn't mean you have to train for the Purifier as your bomber of choice. All they have in common is the sensor compensation skill.

The turrets have all the related skills in common so training for Large Lasers and small projectiles are about the same amount of work as Large and small lasers. Drones and Missiles span all races in one form or another,

My ship Roster is
Gallente battleship
Minmatar/Gallente Logi
Amarr bomber,

And in the future:
Minmatar/Amarr Hictor

Amarr/Minmatar/Caldari T2 cruiser

Minmatar Carrier
Caldari Dread*
Amarr Super Carrier

*Assuming they have fixed it by the time It's time to train for it.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#102 - 2014-05-18 18:59:48 UTC
"All their ships use only two weapon systems"

Clearly, you're referring to the glorious Caldari here.

ALL, every single Caldari ship are bonused for either hybrid turrets (railguns usually) or missiles are their primary damage application.

With gallente, this is not the case. Not only does the Nemesis use missiles as its primary damage application (Wah wah it's a stealth bomber: It's still gallente, suck it up)), but ships like the Dominix and Myrmidon are designed in a way that actually favours non-hybrid weapon systems for pve and pvp to augment their dps. Caldari ships recognize the greatness of hybrids and do not stoop to such levels as allowing equal opportunity usage for lasers and projectiles.

Caldari is the best race.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2014-05-18 21:16:39 UTC
Arronicus wrote:

ALL, every single Caldari ship are bonused for either hybrid turrets (railguns usually) or missiles are their primary damage application.

With gallente, this is not the case. Not only does the Nemesis use missiles as its primary damage application (Wah wah it's a stealth bomber: It's still gallente, suck it up)), but ships like the Dominix and Myrmidon are designed in a way that actually favours non-hybrid weapon systems for pve and pvp to augment their dps. Caldari ships recognize the greatness of hybrids and do not stoop to such levels as allowing equal opportunity usage for lasers and projectiles.

Until you get through their shields, then it's just a matter of squishing their papier mache hulls between your fingers.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Cpt Tirel
Institute For Continuous Glory
#104 - 2014-05-18 21:19:36 UTC
Arronicus wrote:

Gallente uses 1 weapon system, hybrids. All players of all races gotta train for drones. Gallente are just better at using them.

Caldari may recognize the greatness of hybrids but their hybrid hulls are just silly. When i try to think of ships Caldari has that are worth flying over Gallente, two comes to mind. Crow and Falcon.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#105 - 2014-05-18 21:32:21 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
I very publicly rage quit and now I'm back with my tail between my legs

Like no one saw that coming. I'm glad you are not Gallente. It would shame me.

Mr Epeen Cool
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2014-05-18 21:36:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Mr Epeen wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
I very publicly banned CCP from my money for a month and now I'm back to kick arse and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum.

Like no one saw that coming. I'm glad you are not Gallente. It would shame me.

Mr Epeen Cool

I'm not. I'm Intaki Blink

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2014-05-18 22:48:49 UTC
Got a friend into the game recently..

Got him to roll Gally as he wanted to pvp.. put him straight into FW with a Nuet Tristan, as with this he doesnt need to worry about gunenry skills nuets are quick to train for and didnt overly matter about his drones skills if he cant be shot at =D

I hear he is doing well, got his first solo kill in the first few days of playing =D
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#108 - 2014-05-18 22:53:11 UTC
Caldari in general are the best, of course.

But it's us Achurans who're the true master race.

Other than the occasional Sebiestor we're by far the best looking sentients in New Eden.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2014-05-18 22:54:17 UTC
Gallente for life.

(pay no mind to the fact that Ferox is my favorite ship....)

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#110 - 2014-05-18 22:58:32 UTC
Caldari master race. Remember the Kairiola Gallente scum.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2014-05-18 23:04:11 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
Caldari master race. Remember the Kairiola Gallente scum.

I remember how we finally knocked that hideous titan out of orbit in Luminaire :p

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#112 - 2014-05-18 23:21:00 UTC
Arronicus wrote:

Not sure about that but clearly the mastery tables for Gallente ships get rather colorful because of this wider array of choices.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2014-05-19 00:02:13 UTC
Also Gally ships a lot sexier than the drab Caldari options
Autoz
Doomheim
#114 - 2014-05-19 01:13:02 UTC
Minmatar are the best race so lets lock this thread already
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#115 - 2014-05-19 02:08:50 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Other than the occasional Sebiestor we're by far the best looking sentients in New Eden.

So... you're not into Vherokior babes anymore? Sad

Garandras wrote:
Also Gally ships a lot sexier than the drab Caldari options

Very true. There are ships among the Gallente, Amarr, and Minmatar lines that are very nice looking. Caldari, on the other hand... not so much.

Ren Coursa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2014-05-19 06:41:06 UTC
Yes we are. Good thing it doesn't matter in a game like eve.
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#117 - 2014-05-19 07:00:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
Cpt Tirel wrote:
Caldari may recognize the greatness of hybrids but their hybrid hulls are just silly.

You have never been on the recieving end of a Naga sniping fleet have you Roll

Edit: You don't want to be on the recieving end of a Naga sniping fleet...

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#118 - 2014-05-19 07:13:04 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
So... you're not into Vherokior babes anymore? Sad

How incredibly rude of me ... Oops

Ms Turigahl, there are always exceptions to a rule. I speak of the rule of races, not of individuals.

When we look into the sky we don't just see the one starscape, I believe we see many at once - all mingled together. In each there is always that one crystaline glimmer that shines far brighter than the rest.

For me, in the Vherokior starscape, you are that glimmer. You are that exception. You are my exception.

People such as I are left surface-bound, merely able to cast our wanting-gaze on your distant glow. Forever reaching upward for something, for someone, who may always be out of our reach.

My apologies for forgetting you, Ms Turigahl. If only for a fleeting heartbeat. Oops

Should you ever desire I make up for my gross oversight of your beauty then I lay myself at your disposal to do so.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Solecist Project
#119 - 2014-05-19 07:44:57 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Should you ever desire I make up for my gross oversight of your beauty then I lay myself at your disposal to do so.
*cough* I didn't know you were into ladies too.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2014-05-19 08:01:41 UTC
Confirming Gallente are the Master race.