These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is Gallente the best race ?

First post First post
Author
4-AcO-DMT
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2014-05-18 10:55:23 UTC
gallente master race reporting in, eventhough i fly amarr ships for the looks
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#82 - 2014-05-18 10:56:48 UTC
Solhild wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
All I know is

Sebiestor are the worst sub-race

Shocked

What?

Have I got red on me again?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#83 - 2014-05-18 11:11:30 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:
While gal might be decent ships, weren't they decended from the french? faster in reverse and all that!!!

I tried creating a special launcher for Gallente ships that shoot white flags at the enemy, but CCP Rise and Fozzie used their veto against that idea.

But that's ok, I'll find a way around them. Need to talk to the Art guys to change the Megathron hull to a croissant.

I see a lot of fellow Americans making fun of France while forgetting that it was the French that helped create the USA.

In the end I think the French will be getting the last laugh when the story is done.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#84 - 2014-05-18 11:20:10 UTC
Seraph Essael wrote:
CCP Logibro wrote:
As a red haired federal bastard child

I hear the Gallente will accept anyone these days.

Unless of course you are building off world colonies that they want the rights too P

They took in the Matari, so they are ok in my book. Now Amarr on the other hand, is obviously trying to compensate for something, or the lack there of. Probably explains the robes.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#85 - 2014-05-18 11:23:03 UTC
Odithia wrote:
Is Gallente the best race for new players?

I think Gallente are the best race, but you specified the question for "new players". I think to get to the Gallente level of awesomeness requires a fair amount of skill training and experience. Railgun optimal ranges take more consideration than the other weapon types, which amount to mashing f1, and drones can be destroyed fairly easily if you don't know what you're doing.

For that reason, i'd vote for minmatar as the best race for new players. Doesn't take much thought to fly directly at the enemy blasting uzi's. Cool

But such a question boils down to people throwing their opinions around. I doubt you'll find any hard evidence. P Unless you can get a bunch of equally skilled players into a set of controlled combat sessions to settle the issue, once and for all! You should probably film it too. Lol

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2014-05-18 11:41:04 UTC
For PvP Amarr and Gallente are both good races mainly because armor is pretty OP. There are a few exceptions like the rare caldari missile boat, and nagas which actually use gallente weapons (hybrids).
Anathema Device
State War Academy
Caldari State
#87 - 2014-05-18 11:43:28 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:
Odithia wrote:
Is Gallente the best race for new players?

But such a question boils down to people throwing their opinions around. I doubt you'll find any hard evidence. P Unless you can get a bunch of equally skilled players into a set of controlled combat sessions to settle the issue, once and for all! You should probably film it too. Lol

I'm thinking some of the Eve University events restricted to noob players could answer this question. Maybe you have to donate some prizes and see what happens. Restrict player ages to limit skills and set them lose in an arena to fight it out.
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#88 - 2014-05-18 11:46:10 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:
While gal might be decent ships, weren't they decended from the french? faster in reverse and all that!!!

I tried creating a special launcher for Gallente ships that shoot white flags at the enemy, but CCP Rise and Fozzie used their veto against that idea.

But that's ok, I'll find a way around them. Need to talk to the Art guys to change the Megathron hull to a croissant.

I see a lot of fellow Americans making fun of France while forgetting that it was the French that helped create the USA.

In the end I think the French will be getting the last laugh when the story is done.

this American hasn't forgotten Smile

o7
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#89 - 2014-05-18 11:46:14 UTC
IDGAD wrote:
There are a few exceptions like the rare caldari missile boat

When did this happen?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Royce Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2014-05-18 12:02:53 UTC
Caldari pilots start with hybrid skills, they have no missile skills trained. The tutorials give the players hybrid guns and ammo as well as the Merlin and Cormorant. So saying Caldari puts new players at some kind of a disadvantage by going into missiles isn't accurate.

Jack McTroll
Dark Eclipse Academy
#91 - 2014-05-18 12:36:55 UTC
In theory no race should be better than other but more suitable for each different situation.

I have 25 m sp in gallente skills and i was kinda happy about it. I even have logistics to L5. BUT !

recently ive been looking for a new corp or aliance and when i say i have Oneiros L5 everyone replies "- Oh sorry we use guardian."
Then i say i have gallente battleships 5 and the recruiters say "- Oh we only fly BS in very rare occasions and even then we prefer HACS or T3 crusers more and more." At this point i say - Fine. im planning to skill for Deimos. and i get " - Sorry we now have Sacrilege as doctrine. "
Then i give them my eveboard sheet http://eveboard.com/pilot/Jack_McTroll. and i generaly get "- your skills look fine and we like how you skill focused. But can you shield tank your Talos, train caldari cruisers and also fly scimitar ?

So i log off and cry.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#92 - 2014-05-18 12:40:07 UTC
Jack McTroll wrote:
"- Oh sorry we use guardian."
" - Sorry we now have Sacrilege as doctrine. "

Standard Amarr = Safe sex - either use a condom or put a plastic bag over your partner's head until they stop complaining

Gallente - Live dangerous by being undergunned and let your drones do the talking

I wish more Blood Raider ships were based on Gal ships for this reason

Anathema Device
State War Academy
Caldari State
#93 - 2014-05-18 12:51:12 UTC
IDGAD wrote:
For PvP Amarr and Gallente are both good races mainly because armor is pretty OP. There are a few exceptions like the rare caldari missile boat, and nagas which actually use gallente weapons (hybrids).

When starting Amarr I had to train Cap and other Engineering skills which meant I could cross-train into virtually anything then fly virtually anything without capping out. Changing to shield tanking Logistics with Caldari or Minmitar incursions ships was a major skills training holdup after concentrating on Armour. Joining a Corp that used Gallente Dreds then becomes another major skills training holdup. This doesn't mean a new player should aim for a maximum Ammar/Caldari/Gallente/Minmitar skill set.

If the person is joining a player Corp with an introduction from a friend then they should get guidance from their Corp mates to mesh into the Corp. If the player doesn't know the game and doesn't have any friends in game then they should join a training Corp like Eve University then discuss the issue of racial based training. People without connections in an NPC Corp are in the worst position as they will not know what is good advice when it is swamped by crap advice. In these circumstances it doesn't matter what racial based training is completed. Like Alice in Wonderland, if you don't know your destination then it doesn't matter what path you take. There is no perfect race for a new player just lots of choices and you may not know what you should have been training until the need for a skill arises in game.

Personally, I varied my training plan depending on my activities in EVE. E.g. when doing PI I trained PI skills. Then I wanted to swap to incursions so I dropped PI skills and started on Logistics, and so it went on.

If a new player wants to carebear solo mine in HiSec then racial based training is really not so important. At the other extreme if a new player wants to solo PvP in an NPC Corp they are going to lose ships in LoSec/Null and race is not going to radically change their initial ship loses. Once they have a handle on the mechanics of combat they can decide if turrents, missiles, drones, EWAR or logistic ship is their preferred direction. Until they have experienced all these combat modes race is not important. Hopefully after the tutorials they have a better idea of what suits their play style and then decide which is the best race for their enjoyment of the game.

My recommendation for new players is not to get hung up on which is the best race as there is no right answer. If you start trying to train every skill you will end up with a pilot that can do everything poorly. Selectively training skills for one role allows a new player to overtake the older player who tries to do everything at once. Of course there will always be a way for a player to be taken down in Eve unless they never undock.

Of course this being Eve, my race is always better than any other race. Unfortunately, I fly ships of all races.
Anathema Device
State War Academy
Caldari State
#94 - 2014-05-18 13:03:46 UTC
Jack McTroll wrote:
In theory no race should be better than other but more suitable for each different situation.

I have 25 m sp in gallente skills and i was kinda happy about it. I even have logistics to L5. BUT !

recently ive been looking for a new corp or aliance and when i say i have Oneiros L5 everyone replies "- Oh sorry we use guardian."
Then i say i have gallente battleships 5 and the recruiters say "- Oh we only fly BS in very rare occasions and even then we prefer HACS or T3 crusers more and more." At this point i say - Fine. im planning to skill for Deimos. and i get " - Sorry we now have Sacrilege as doctrine. "
Then i give them my eveboard sheet http://eveboard.com/pilot/Jack_McTroll. and i generaly get "- your skills look fine and we like how you skill focused. But can you shield tank your Talos, train caldari cruisers and also fly scimitar ?

So i log off and cry.

+1

This is Eve, you can't win.
CCP Falcon
#95 - 2014-05-18 14:25:52 UTC
Quote:

Yes.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#96 - 2014-05-18 14:33:57 UTC
4-AcO-DMT wrote:
gallente master race cone-head reporting in

There's a nipple under that hairpiece, isn't there?
Jack McTroll
Dark Eclipse Academy
#97 - 2014-05-18 15:40:47 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Quote:

Yes.

I would say you are taking the **** and im fine about it. At this point i deserve to be laughed at for being so resilient about cross training.

But when you go out from alliance recruiter to alliance recruiter and they all say you need to fly guardians and sac or pirate battleships you realize that the time of the Bs is coming to an end and guardian + sac and guardian + t3 is the place to be.

For balance sake, the choice between the two armor logistic ships should be more disputed than it is at present.
Maybe a bonus to an unrelated skill that takes a mid slot is not as fundamentally useful as a bonus to a related skill that uses a high slot ?
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#98 - 2014-05-18 16:12:03 UTC
Erufen Rito wrote:
Amarr is master race, you plebs.

This and /Thread.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2014-05-18 16:21:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

Considering the anti-French thing in the US came mainly from France claiming there were no WMDs of significance in Iraq and that an Iraq war would just cost a lot of lives for no real purpose ... i think the French already have.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#100 - 2014-05-18 16:56:49 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

Considering the anti-French thing in the US came mainly from France claiming there were no WMDs of significance in Iraq and that an Iraq war would just cost a lot of lives for no real purpose ... i think the French already have.

That's ridiculous. Its been around for generations.

The internet produces nothing but winners.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it