These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is Gallente the best race ?

First post First post
Author
Solecist Project
#61 - 2014-05-18 00:16:41 UTC
I just realized.....

"Are gallente the best race?"

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#62 - 2014-05-18 00:26:51 UTC
Blaze Oglory wrote:
While gal might be decent ships, weren't they decended from the french? faster in reverse and all that!!!

I tried creating a special launcher for Gallente ships that shoot white flags at the enemy, but CCP Rise and Fozzie used their veto against that idea.

But that's ok, I'll find a way around them. Need to talk to the Art guys to change the Megathron hull to a croissant.
Saya Ishikari
Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#63 - 2014-05-18 00:30:52 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:
While gal might be decent ships, weren't they decended from the french? faster in reverse and all that!!!

I tried creating a special launcher for Gallente ships that shoot white flags at the enemy, but CCP Rise and Fozzie used their veto against that idea.

But that's ok, I'll find a way around them. Need to talk to the Art guys to change the Megathron hull to a croissant.

My sides, they hurt. I blame you! Lol

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

Orla- King-Griffin
#64 - 2014-05-18 00:31:02 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

Only if the ship's cap can be filled with Brie 800's

Ah shite...

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#65 - 2014-05-18 00:46:04 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

CCP troll, best troll

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2014-05-18 00:48:22 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

Came for the Blue, was not disappointed.
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#67 - 2014-05-18 01:14:07 UTC
Coming from a Caldari (PVP) player, I'd suggest Gallente for any new PVP pilots.

Sure if you want to PvE, go ahead with Caldari, they've got the best mission running ships in existance. Caracal>Drake>Raven.

PvP however, missiles are terrible, and drones are on every ship cruiser and up. Might as well just start training them from the start.
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#68 - 2014-05-18 01:24:39 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
PvP however, missiles are terrible, and drones are on every ship cruiser and up. Might as well just start training them from the start.

Simply not true, I have never had a problem getting and winning fights using missiles. My Drake gets 650dps cold (thats with incomplete missile skills) and my condor and hookbill are brilliant for kiting / brawling respectively.
Not to mention the fact that stealth bombers are much much fun!
Plus you don't have to worry about tracking disruptors or not being able to fire because you're capped out.
Then there's the fact that Caldari do also have ships that utilise hybrids.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#69 - 2014-05-18 01:25:35 UTC
As a red haired federal bastard child, I do declare that Gallente are the master race.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#70 - 2014-05-18 01:29:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
CCP Logibro wrote:
As a red haired federal bastard child

I hear the Gallente will accept anyone these days.

Unless of course you are building off world colonies that they want the rights too P

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2014-05-18 02:12:19 UTC
Well my soon to be buffed into awesomeness Rattlesnake has no Gallente or Caldari ..... oh wait
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#72 - 2014-05-18 02:55:45 UTC
Funnily enough the gallente can't even beat the caldari even when they outnumber them 10 to 1 during the gal-cal war. Also the gallente are genocidal that they even bombarded us caldari from orbit. I'd rather be enslaved under amarr than join the federation.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Markus45
Doomheim
#73 - 2014-05-18 02:57:35 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

TEST could have really used this.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#74 - 2014-05-18 03:38:50 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Blaze Oglory wrote:

May I request, you lobby the art team to change all Gallente drones into frogs of different sizes?
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#75 - 2014-05-18 04:11:38 UTC
Minmatar are the best, lore-wise, or personality-wise or whatever. In terms of ships, I might still recommend Caldari for new players, particularly if they are primarily interested in PvE. Missiles don't need to worry about tracking, range, or cap, so they are easy to use. Caldari also have strong shield tanks which are best for PvE, allowing for more DPS mods in the lows. Drone boats are indeed powerful these days, but still rather fiddly to use.

Shield logistics is the quickest path to getting into the good incursion fleets... 2 months or so for a Basilisk I think. With Gallente and Amarr you either go for an armor fleet (LOL!), or you will have to plop down 1Bil on a pirate hull and shield tank it (add a couple more bil in modules). Either way you have to train T2 large guns in addition to one or two BS hull skills. Takes time. Minmatar can also get in quick with the Scimitar. But training Caldari Cruiser 5 to unlock the Basilisk also unlocks the Tengu, which is a decent mission runner, and also useful for low/null DEDs or WH sites if they want to get into that. Caldari Cruiser 5 also unlocks the Cerberus, one of the best hisec DED site runners. So BAM, get Caldari Cruiser 5 and you will soon have PvE pretty well covered. The other races aren't quite as efficient.

After Caldari Cruiser 5, Logi 5, HAC 5, StratCruiser and subs 5, I'd go for Gallente Cruiser 5 and maxing drones to add the Gila and Ishtar to the toolbox. Then work on adding all missing frigs, cruisers, and small and medium weapons... I don't like bigger ships.

In the end, I'd probably just recommend a new player choose the race that fits them personality-wise, the race with the back story that they like... or the race that allows them to look how they want to look. Since everyone ends up training everything anyway, these are the only aspects of the decision that are of lasting importance.
Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2014-05-18 04:56:55 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
Coming from a Caldari (PVP) player, I'd suggest Gallente for any new PVP pilots.

Sure if you want to PvE, go ahead with Caldari, they've got the best mission running ships in existance. Caracal>Drake>Raven.

This one made me laugh. I monitored some stuff for a while.

I recall these statements "back in the day" - while the Drake sat as the #1 used PvP ship on killboards for 20 weeks strait, with 12 of those weeks showing their missile launchers as the #1 used weapons system for PvP kills - people still kept tossing the "missiles suck for PvP" mantra out.

As for the OP - it's a fun topic.

Hybrids are very power hungry - just under lasers. Both these weapon systems can be neuted off line while missiles and projectiles can't. They also are limited in their damage types, hybrids are just "better" types than lasers - in most people's opinion.

In the very long ago days, before my time, Gallente were really powerful - the most powerful EWar in the game. There were no stacking penalties for EW so sensor damps could take targeting down to virtually nothing.

They added stacking penalties and ECM jumped to the top of the heap as being so OP that EW and ECM were often used interchangeably - synonym style. Then that changed to bring it back in line.

Minmatar were easily seen as top of the heap for quite some time but early on they were seen as the underdog - weakest of the ships. From a battleship, using short-ranged ammo with AC's, I could tap ships at over 90km out. "Well you aren't doing much damage like that!" - didn't matter. SOME damage was better than NO damage and no other short ranged weapons system could hit those ranges - even today, many projectile users don't bother using any type of ammo outside of the hardest hitting short-ranged stuff. Why? It all loses damage as most combat is done in falloff vs optimal.

tweak, tweak, tweak...

Across my 5 years here, I haven't seen a single race that has not been "preferred" at one time or another with this or that hull for a different type of combat - small gang through fleets... The amarr BS fit with projectiles - a popular nullsec fitting a few years back.... So on and so forth. They all have "flexibility" on fitting them to one degree or another.

It's a fun thing to look at.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#77 - 2014-05-18 05:15:29 UTC
Thought you knew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0QoF7wWWto

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Cpt Tirel
Institute For Continuous Glory
#78 - 2014-05-18 09:43:45 UTC
Best T2 and T3 resist profiles.
Best drones and drone ships.
More drones on their turret ships than the other races.
Highest tracking close range weapons combined with the highest number of viable/versatile tracking bonused hulls.
Highest DPS.
Versatile slot layout, simple to fit.

yes
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#79 - 2014-05-18 10:03:16 UTC
All I know is

Sebiestor are the worst sub-race

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Solhild
Doomheim
#80 - 2014-05-18 10:30:13 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
All I know is

Sebiestor are the worst sub-race

Shocked