These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Price for multiple char's training

Author
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#1 - 2014-05-17 17:10:22 UTC
Ive checked up on the multiple char training and im abit baffled over the prices.

Price for it is 1 plex or 19,95$ for 30 days.

14,95 is the price for 30 days for an account.

Is players that stupid that they pay more for multiple training than just making a New account?? Or do EVE assume players dont give a f.... over the prices.

In my view multiple char training is to give players the oppurtunity to Train and let EVE earn some $ on it.... and thereby it should not cost more than a monthly Subscription.

A more fair deal would be that u get 60 days for 20$ or 1 plex, or half the monthly billing price 14,95, ergo 7,5$.

As it is now, its an bad offer that only the stupid players go for, that dont see that one month of Subscription is cheaper.

Makes no sences at all.....

Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-05-17 17:14:48 UTC
Some of us use ISK to play, and its simply 1 plex a month or two.

If the 2nd toon does not see heavy use, we may not want to pay 2x as much per month to have use of it. so a Few plex are sunk to train specific skills, and that is it.

For people that pay with real money, I agree, its dumb
Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#3 - 2014-05-17 17:17:48 UTC
The thing is goatman, you can use multiple char training for training like, a hauler alt under a month. Afterwards you can stop paying for multichar training and still have access to the char. If you get the char on a different account you need to pay for the second one aswell to use it.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#4 - 2014-05-17 17:54:22 UTC
Karen Avioras wrote:
The thing is goatman, you can use multiple char training for training like, a hauler alt under a month. Afterwards you can stop paying for multichar training and still have access to the char. If you get the char on a different account you need to pay for the second one aswell to use it.

With paying for a "2nd account", instead of multiple training, u can use both accounts simultaneously, which is not possible With multiple training. And in my view, it would be more interesting to have 2 accounts then.

And i do see ur point to... but the price u pay for it, is in my opinion too high compared to the price for an account
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#5 - 2014-05-17 19:06:10 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:

And i do see ur point to... but the price u pay for it, is in my opinion too high compared to the price for an account

That's your opinion.

In my opinion, I can afford $19.95 a month to train an alt that will eventually be done training and I do not need to have on a separate account.
Jur Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-05-17 19:09:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jur Tissant
MCT is useful for short-term training. I am training a PI alt for a month or two, and I don't want to have to fund a second account after he's done training (that would sort of take the point out of the PI alt). If I wanted to bring him over to my account I'd have to PLEX, so I have two options:

Option A: Multiple character training for two months = 2 PLEX ($40)
Option B: Separate account for two months PLUS transfer = $30 + 1 PLEX ($50)

It costs less money (or ISK which I would prefer to use) to activate MCT in this scenario.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#7 - 2014-05-17 19:38:27 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:

That's your opinion.

In my opinion, I can afford $19.95 a month to train an alt that will eventually be done training and I do not need to have on a separate account.

It has nothing to do if someone can afford it or not. When it cost 1/4 more than a months Subscription, its looks pretty wrong when u reflect over the numbers.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-05-17 19:41:50 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:

That's your opinion.

It has nothing to do if someone can afford it or not. When it cost 1/4 more than a months Subscription, its looks pretty wrong when u reflect over the numbers.

It was never supposed to be cost-effective, it was intended to be used for short-term training plans. Why would I want a whole new account for a new PI or trading guy?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#9 - 2014-05-17 19:43:43 UTC
Makes no sences at all.....

An excellent summation of your post. May I suggest investing in a spell checker?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Goochan derp
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-05-17 23:16:56 UTC
i want to train an alt for 2-3 months but want to have access to him at all times, while still training a main character on the same account. i plan to keep playing eve for awhile and making another account would end up costing a lot more.