These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Factional Station Variants*

First post
Author
Isbariya
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-05-13 16:05:02 UTC
So where are our faction captains quarters then? I'd love to take a look at a Sansha or Bloodraider station interior ;-)
Turelus
Utassi Security
#22 - 2014-05-13 16:05:39 UTC
So if my initial observations are correct it seems we have the following skins for Caldari stations.

Caldari Navy - Caldari Navy, Minedrill, Spaceline Patrol
Caldari State (Black with Gold Logo) - Caldari Business Tribunal, Caldari Funds Unlimited, State Protectorate, State War Acadamy, State and Region Bank.
CBD Corporation - CBD Corporation, CBD Sell Division, Poksu Mineral Group, Rapid Assembly.
Hyasyoda Corporation - Caldari Provisions, Corporate Police Force, Hyasyoda.
Ishukone Corporation - Caldari Steel, Ishukone, Ishukone Watch, Propel Dynamics.
Kaalakiota Corporation - Echelon Entertainment, Homeguard, Kaalakiota, Ytiri.
Lai Dai Corporation - Lai Dai, Lai Dai Protection Service.
Nugoeihuvi Corporation - Expert Distribution, Expert Housing, Mercantile Club, Modern Finances, Nugoeihuvi.
Sukuuvestaa Corporation - Perkone, Sukuuvestaa.
Wiyrkomi Corporation - Caldari Constructions, Chief Executive Panel, Wyirkomi, Wyirkomi Peace Corps.

Old/Default - Deep Core Mining, House of Records, Peace and Order Unit, Prompt Delivery, School of Applied Knowledge, Science and Trade Institute, Top Down, Zero-G Research Firm,

Changes that I feel would be more lore fitting.

• The Chief Executive Panel stations really need to be unaffiliated skins, most likely the black/gold State ones.
  • Internal Security could do with flying the NOH colours as they're that mega-corps police force.
  • Peace and Order Unit could do with flying the SuVee colours as they're that mega-corps police force.
  • Spaceline Patrol should be switched from Caldari Navy to CBD as they're that mega-corps police force.
  • Minedrill while originally affiliate with the Caldari Navy doesn't really represent them any more, it might be better suited to have them use neutral stations keeping the Caldari Navy ones exclusively for the Navy.
  • The following corporations have no major affiliations to mega-corporations and should probably be using the standard skin; Poksu Mineral Group, Rapid Assembly, Caldari Provisions, Caldari Steel, Propel Dynamics, Ytiri, Mercantile Club, Modern Finances, Perkone, Caldari Constructions.

For those interested in what the main Caldari stations look like please check the link HERE. Sorry for the darkness in some of them the preview lighting isn't very good.

Markku Laaksonen wrote:

I fancy myself fairly well versed in EVE lore, especially Caldari lore. Expert Housing and Expert Distribution are NOH subsidiaries. Also Expert Intervention, but that's the DUST corp.

This was a derp on my part, to make sure I don't look stupid again I have double checked each corporations in-game entry to make sure they're not obvious partners or subsidiaries, if you notice any mistakes please feel free to correct me. :)

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#23 - 2014-05-13 16:26:32 UTC
CEP definitely shouldn't be in Wiyr skins. I'd recommend the generic, the black-and-gold Caldari State, or the Navy skins.

Also, Caldari Constructions-- wasn't that a KK subsidiary? Isn't that how Heth ended up being tapped for KK CEO?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Turelus
Utassi Security
#24 - 2014-05-13 16:54:52 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Also, Caldari Constructions-- wasn't that a KK subsidiary? Isn't that how Heth ended up being tapped for KK CEO?

I was asking some friends that myself but it's been a long time since I read Empyrean Age and couldn't remember if they were just working with them or actual subsidiary.

I tried to do as best breakdown as I could but I'll admit I'm not the most versed in EVE lore (as hard as I try to be). I feel kind of bad I can't really comment on any errors there might be in regards to the other factions.

Victor Terona
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-05-13 16:56:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Victor Terona
Noriko Mai wrote:

• Expert Distribution, Modern Finances and Nogueihuvi are the same (all ugly as hell Smile)
  • Intaki and Impetus look nice. Impetus, Material Aquisition and Quafe are the same.
  • Alliastra and TransStellar shiping are the same
  • Joint Harvesting and Khanid look almost the same (except a little red area)
  • Khanid is far to dark (I can barely see 90% of the station)
  • Mordus Legion has normal gallente stations
  • The Gallente Logistics Station doesn't seem to have different variants at all
  • The light reflevtion on the Caldari Administrative Station is far to bright
  • Sansha's Nation is pretty underwhelming (seems to be all standard)

All in all I can only find about 5 different stations per main faction. And most of them look very similar Sad

The core Complexions stations seems to be devoid of color even though they do have their logo on them.
Doesn't look like they changed the Sansha stations sadly =/, but as far as the Khanid stations go they look fantastic. I can see them just fine. Why is the black on the Khanid station look 1000% better than the black on Khanid ships. Seems like the ships are borked.
bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#26 - 2014-05-13 21:12:46 UTC  |  Edited by: bassie12bf1
The station in Malkalen looks to be fully repaired, yet the one in Yulai is still as broken as ever.

I haven't even noticed any logos till I looked at one of the bigger minmatar stations.

Urban Management Storage stations (Like the one in Odatrik) use a gallente station model, even though its a minmatar corp, although makes sense from a story standpoint, still uses default gallente colors rather than a bit of minmatar kinda thing.

Ammatar, seem to be all default minmatar station colors, although Nefantar would have been a more fitting color scheme.

DED,Concord,Angels,Sansha and Serpentis and some Guristas, Appear to use default colors rather than something more fitting, Although they seem to use station models from all the races. so I guess that's a bit harder to do correctly.
Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#27 - 2014-05-13 21:30:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Morwen Lagann
Paintjobs associated with different Amarr corporations:
Default Amarr - Carthum, Further Foodstuffs, HZO Refinery, Hedion University, Inherent Implants, Noble Appliances, Royal Amarr Institute, Viziam
Amarr Navy - Imperial Navy, Minstry of Assessment, Ministry of Internal Order, Ministry of War
Ardishapur - Ardishapur Family,
Court Chamberlain - Court Chamberlain
Imperial - 24th Imperial Crusade, Amarr Certified News, Amarr Civil Service, Amarr Trade Registry, Civic Court, Emperor Family, Imperial Academy, Imperial Armaments, Imperial Chancellor, Imperial Shipment, Theology Council
Kador - Amarr Constructions, Kador Family
Khanid - All Khanid corps (Innovation, Navy, Transport, Works), Ducia Foundry, Zoar and Sons
Kor-Azor - Kor-Azor Family
Sarum - Sarum Family
Tash-Murkon - Joint Harvesting, Nurtura, Tash-Murkon Family

The biggest thing that jumps out of me here is that Carthum and Viziam stations use the default Amarr coloring scheme, but their ships use colors similar to Sarum and Ardishapur respectively. They also clearly have their own paint schemes; why are they not using them on their stations?

Edit - Same for Gallente:
Default Gallente - Allotek Industries, Center for Advanced Studies, Egonics Inc., President, The Scope, Senate, Supreme Court, University of Caille
Aliastra - Aliastra, TransStellar Shipping
CreoDron - Astral Mining Inc., Chemal Tech, CreoDron
Duvolle Laboratories - Duvolle Laboratories
Federate - Bank of Luminaire, Federal Administration, Federal Defense Union, Federal Freight, Federal Intelligence Office,
Federation Navy - Federal Navy Academy, Federation Customs, Federation Navy
Inner Zone Shipping - Combined Harvest, FedMart, Inner Zone Shipping, Pend Insurance
Quafe - Garoun Investment Bank, Impetus, Material Acquisition, Poteque Pharmaceuticals, Quafe
Roden Shipyards - Roden Shipyards

These all look OK, though I'm a little confused why President, Senate and Supreme Court don't use the Federate skin.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#28 - 2014-05-14 02:03:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Gallente President, Senate, and Supreme Court should all use Federal Issue skin, because they are the actual Federation government.

Bank of Luminaire and Federal Freight should use default OR other skin, because they are not part of the Federal administration. They are independent companies.

ALL Militias should use Navy skin. i.e. State Protectorate should be Caldari Navy skin. FDU should be Federation Navy skin. etc.

Katrina Oniseki

Aikar Nahrnid
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-05-14 10:32:22 UTC
It's all good, of course, but can we ever hope to see station faction INTERIORS in far, or not so far, future? (at least ship hangars) It will bring much more immersion, I think.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#30 - 2014-05-15 13:07:06 UTC
just an idea - don't know how difficult it would be (maybe its really easy you never know), maybe it would be possible to make stations change color if facwar sov changes. Or at least the banner gets crossed out or something similar.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#31 - 2014-05-15 14:47:43 UTC
Haven't had the chance to check on Sisi but please don't forget about Khanid Kingdom :)

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#32 - 2014-05-16 00:39:06 UTC
Carthum should use the Sarum style, and Viziam should use the Ardishapur style, instead of the Default Amarr style.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#33 - 2014-05-16 18:57:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
CCP Antiquarian wrote:
I'm sure that many megacorps, Caldari Constructions included, would not hesitate to allow their good friends and associates the privilege of using station decoration as means of advertising...for a percentage.

That said, I am making notes for requested adjustments to these arrangements, and will continue to record these comments for those more suitably situated in the decision making process to judge accordingly.

Your voices are heard.

The following comment may seem harsh, because I am a roleplayer.

The entire purpose of this graphical change is for immersion. People want to see the colors of the NPC Corporations on their stations. People also (presumably) want those colors to make sense. If they don't make sense, roleplayers will probably be the first to tell you.

It's not just opinions that we're voicing, Antiquarian. It's established fiction that CCP (not us) has already written. Caldari Constructions is owned by Kaalakiota. That's how Tibus Heth became CEO of Kaalakiota, because he stole CEO position of Caldari Constructions (and then its parent corporation).

So, with that established lore already in place, why must we insist on excusing and rationalizing a contradictory choice, when a better and frankly obvious choice already exists? We know CCP takes lore seriously. We know YOU take lore seriously (you used to be one of us).

Don't encourage or enable the habit of making excuses for a job that could simply be done correctly the first time around. Practice proper workmanship, as we have come to expect and respect from CCP.

Let's get it done right the first time.

ALL THAT BEING SAID: I appreciate that you're taking notes and passing on our voices. I know you're doing your best, and I trust you. I just wanted you to be careful when joking around like that. There have been times in the past when that attitude towards lore conflict has decidedly not been a joke.

Katrina Oniseki

Nicoletta Mithra
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#34 - 2014-05-16 20:15:05 UTC
I can only agree there with Kat! Please tap the resources you already put work into, rather then making up new things that contradict the established facts,
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#35 - 2014-05-17 06:14:21 UTC
Wrong or missing logos-

Found in Suroken

Propel dynamics Factory
Spaceline patrol Assembly Plant
Core Complexion Inc.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Rhavas
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#36 - 2014-05-17 06:26:22 UTC
Did a little 70-ish jump tour of New Eden this evening.

• Jita 4-4 has clearly been updated - subtle but nice.
  • Minmatar stations appear unchanged vs TQ, sporting base Minnie colors and logos at Hek (Boundless), Aldrat (Pator Tech) and Eram (Eifyr station and AJ Site One stations)
  • Dodixie trade hub is clearly upgraded - the black is sort of foreboding but cool.
  • Amarr Emperor Family trade hub looks really nice. Blindingly shiny!
  • Malkalen Ishukone paint is subtle but attractive ("gold leaves"). Is Malkalen's old ruined station getting some custom tweaks or is it officially "fully repaired" as of Kronos?
  • Yulai CONCORD Bureau looks awesome. Did it get totally redone for V3 last time out or is the paint job new this round?
  • FDZ4-A SOCT - Does not appear changed. Was SOCT skipped?
  • There is still no ruined station at Roua 10-2 (See "The Great Harvest" Chronicle). This makes me sad.

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

Nicola Arman
Deep Maw Salvage
#37 - 2014-05-17 14:25:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicola Arman
Eglennaert I - Moon 17 - Nugoeihuvi Corporation Development Studio looks silly..
Turelus
Utassi Security
#38 - 2014-05-17 14:46:18 UTC
Rhavas wrote:
Did a little 70-ish jump tour of New Eden this evening.

• Malkalen Ishukone paint is subtle but attractive ("gold leaves"). Is Malkalen's old ruined station getting some custom tweaks

It better be bloody repaired by now, five years is more than enough time to fix a station. As someone else said before it takes two-three months to build a Titan but stations take years to repair.
If CCP want to have a monument off the undock with an ever burning torch or something to keep notice that the station is/was an important event in EVE's history that's cool, but let's just patch it up for good and pretend it didn't take them as long as it did.

Dr Prometheus
Gears of Construction
Gears Confederation
#39 - 2014-05-17 21:42:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Dr Prometheus
So far i did not see any wrong coloring, but i do have some few suggestions/remarks;

Stations

• Kaalakiota stations
  • All Kaalakiote Ships are painted with the big red "lines" acros the ships, (Nighthawk, Widow, Flycatcher etc.) This should imho also be added to the station skins to make them inline.

• Amarr stations
  • They seem to miss the logo`s of the factions.

• Concord station
  • Why isnt this been fixed after that many years?

Suggestions

• Skin the stargates to the current faction colors (Not all but for example, Sarum Prime system would have red/gold colored jumpgates.)
  • Next to the standard concord/faction NPC ships, also add some with the colors of the current "habbitants" of the system. (So in case of Sarum Prime, add also some Red/Gold NPC Ships.)

For example, i see some Amarr Customs generals in standard (Capsuleer) But the Amarr Customs Survailance Officer is in a Amarr Navy Slicer.
Try to make these look as one (All Navy style or Faction colored or something.)

Dude, where is my Quafe Megathron?

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#40 - 2014-05-18 07:22:38 UTC
Droidyk wrote:
Aglais wrote:
...Dynamic landscape?

What is 'dynamic landscape'? It's come up multiple times in this thread and it sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKGaXuYxiU

Here you go.

23:50

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Previous page123Next page