These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Coming in Kronos: Introducing what's in the Kronos release

First post
Author
unidenify
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#41 - 2014-05-16 18:06:30 UTC
when I click picture of Quafe Station, I get large version of Mordu BS image. then I check link on station picture. Noted that it link to wrong picture.
Pashino
Venice Academy
#42 - 2014-05-16 18:36:34 UTC
Original BR/DST thread with lot of discussion:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=310427

From what was said at fanfest, all BR's will now have a 2nd high slot, pretty much covering the only complaint with that design.

DST's clearly need an overhaul, and plenty of ideas hashed out so far.
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#43 - 2014-05-16 18:47:59 UTC
Nlex wrote:
Could you elaborate on Guristas ship changes? Just how much "reduced" are their drone bay and bandwidth going to be? Will it be able to fit and field 2 Gecko drones? 5 Sentries/Heavies on Rattlesnake are out of question?
Limiting number of drones a drone-specialised ship can field, compared to other drone-specialised ships, just doesn't sit well with me. You are going to lose some in combat anyway, but with these changes every loss is a much greater reduction in projected damage, especially since you won't be able to carry as many spares.
There's forum threads up on all pirate ship changes. You can find the answers you seek there.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#44 - 2014-05-16 19:07:03 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
Nlex wrote:
Could you elaborate on Guristas ship changes? Just how much "reduced" are their drone bay and bandwidth going to be? Will it be able to fit and field 2 Gecko drones? 5 Sentries/Heavies on Rattlesnake are out of question?
Limiting number of drones a drone-specialised ship can field, compared to other drone-specialised ships, just doesn't sit well with me. You are going to lose some in combat anyway, but with these changes every loss is a much greater reduction in projected damage, especially since you won't be able to carry as many spares.
There's forum threads up on all pirate ship changes. You can find the answers you seek there.


Look in the F&I Forum Section. They usually pin the dev posts on these changes to the top of the section.
Buzz Dura
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#45 - 2014-05-16 19:20:56 UTC
New warp in / out effect are fun.

But i find annoying that you actually still see the ship in your overview and the in space bracket of the ship even if the warp out effect occured...

XxRTEKxX
256th Shadow Wing
Phantom-Recon
#46 - 2014-05-16 19:27:24 UTC
I wouldn't be surprised if anything left out of the blog won't release till Crius.

Is the new Moa design on SiSi right now? I've only seen the artwork, but no in engine screens of it. Same with the new Phoon and Domi.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#47 - 2014-05-16 19:49:50 UTC
any news regarding the animated parts on the crucifier model? Last info was "as soon as possible".

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-05-16 21:04:28 UTC
Where are threads for faction stations? This is an ENORMOUS graphics update, and there are a huge number of variables to it that must be covered!
General Nusense
Doomheim
#49 - 2014-05-16 21:11:46 UTC
I noticed there wasnt an off button for the "new and improved" tool tips for dummies.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2014-05-16 21:52:33 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
Where are threads for faction stations? This is an ENORMOUS graphics update, and there are a huge number of variables to it that must be covered!
The feedback threads are here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=344485

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

CCP Vertex
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 - 2014-05-16 22:03:42 UTC
XxRTEKxX wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if anything left out of the blog won't release till Crius.

Is the new Moa design on SiSi right now? I've only seen the artwork, but no in engine screens of it. Same with the new Phoon and Domi.


The Moa should be hitting Sisi next week but it wont be completely finished, the Phoon is still being worked on and we're doing our best to get it into the Kronos release.

The Domi re-design will be soon TM but is not scheduled for Kronos.

**CCP Vertex  |  Senior Development Manager ** | @CCP_Vertex

Iam Widdershins
Victory or Whatever
#52 - 2014-05-16 22:20:48 UTC
Pirate faction battleships do not yet have updated descriptions in the Traits tabs.

The Nightmare still has 5 low-slots instead of 6. (The Afterburner bonus applies though, even though it isn't listed in show info.)

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

CCP Scarpia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2014-05-16 22:56:27 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Scarpia
chaosjj wrote:
The new Typhoon redesign is not listed, is it delayed?

ChromeStriker wrote:
What about getting rid of loot spew in exploration sites??????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????


The Dev Blog only covers things that are confirmed for Kronos. Both of those changes, along with a few others, are likely to be announced for Kronos as well, but will otherwise be in the next release.


Arronicus wrote:
Still no word on the big rorqual changes? =( or is that coming with crius?

You guessed correctly. Those changes are interlocked with the rest of the Industry changes.

CCP Scarpia || Game Design Director || EVE Online

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#54 - 2014-05-17 00:21:45 UTC
CCP Scarpia wrote:
chaosjj wrote:
The new Typhoon redesign is not listed, is it delayed?

ChromeStriker wrote:
What about getting rid of loot spew in exploration sites??????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????


The Dev Blog only covers things that are confirmed for Kronos. Both of those changes, along with a few others, are likely to be announced for Kronos as well, but will otherwise be in the next release.


Arronicus wrote:
Still no word on the big rorqual changes? =( or is that coming with crius?

You guessed correctly. Those changes are interlocked with the rest of the Industry changes.


congrats on your first like.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

BeanBagKing
The Order of Atlas
#55 - 2014-05-17 00:48:36 UTC
CCP Scarpia wrote:

ChromeStriker wrote:
What about getting rid of loot spew in exploration sites?


The Dev Blog only covers things that are confirmed for Kronos. Both of those changes, along with a few others, are likely to be announced for Kronos as well, but will otherwise be in the next release.


OMG, OMG *screams like a teenage girl at a bieber concert* please loot spew changes for Kronos!
Circumstantial Evidence
#56 - 2014-05-17 01:31:25 UTC
BeanBagKing wrote:
OMG, OMG *screams like a teenage girl at a bieber concert* please loot spew changes for Kronos!
Its a two-edge sword... many complain the easiness of finding sites helped tank the market for the loot. Loot value may drop even farther, with more people coming back to exploration because the spew is gone.
Rapscallion Jones
Omnibus Solutions
#57 - 2014-05-17 03:45:53 UTC
Petrified wrote:
By the way, the Image for the Faction Themed Stations shows a nice picture of a Quafe themed station. However, when you click on the picture to show an enlarged version, it pulls up this link instead: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66163/1/Mordus_Battleship_EVE_Keynote.jpg

Thought you might like to know.


For those who like shinys for their desktop, a little URL sleuthiness also uncovers:

Prospect
Mordus Frigate
Mordus Cruiser

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2014-05-17 05:22:06 UTC
Hey CCP Devs..

You know what would be great ? Some feedback on the OTHER Topic that have been announced.

It's been over a month since a Dev responded to the Drones thread, almost a month since there was one on the Pirate Battleship thread.. Probably more than a month on the Pirate Cruiser thread.. Only responses day one on the new Mordu's Legion Ships thread.

I mean it's great that you post these ideas/changes, and ask for feedback, but what's the point if it's not getting read.. or if it is getting read, no feedback given to US so we know some how/why things are working/changing the way you plan.

I'm not asking for a response to every question raised.. not even a response daily.. But as long as these threads are stickied, and as long as there's still issues being raised, you'd think a response maybe once a WEEK would be in order.

It's not like there's an abundance in time before the release it due.. less than a month..

I mean the initial feedback given in the Pirate Cruiser thread the first few days lead to a significant change in the Angel line of ships.. That was Devs reading and responding to issues and working out an idea.. But in most of the other threads it seems to be a comment the first day or two, then nothing. I mean the Pirate Battleship thread has more responses from individual ISD's cleaning the thread, than from Dev's..

If you are done with feedback, then just lock the threads.. otherwise please stick your head in, respond, address some concerns, or even dismiss them. I'd honestly rather a Dev say "No, we don't feel this is an issues and will keep things the way they are." than 30 pages of people arguing about it and NO feedback at all. I mean 2/3rd of the Pirate BS thread is about the Rattlesnake... Not a word in response to any of the complaints raised. People are raised issues with the Mordu's Legion Frig and Cruiser being OP (I don't think they are) and the BS being Underpowered (Which I agree with).. no feedback either.. Okay that last one hasn't been a week yet, but with the previous threads I'd be lying if I said I had faith that we will ever get any more feedback in the thread.

You ask for our feedback, we need yours, otherwise it's just two of three people with issues, and half a dozen trolls talking around in circles.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#59 - 2014-05-17 05:41:23 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Hey CCP Devs..

You know what would be great ? Some feedback on the OTHER Topic that have been announced.

It's been over a month since a Dev responded to the Drones thread, almost a month since there was one on the Pirate Battleship thread.. Probably more than a month on the Pirate Cruiser thread.. Only responses day one on the new Mordu's Legion Ships thread.

I mean it's great that you post these ideas/changes, and ask for feedback, but what's the point if it's not getting read.. or if it is getting read, no feedback given to US so we know some how/why things are working/changing the way you plan.

I'm not asking for a response to every question raised.. not even a response daily.. But as long as these threads are stickied, and as long as there's still issues being raised, you'd think a response maybe once a WEEK would be in order.

It's not like there's an abundance in time before the release it due.. less than a month..

I mean the initial feedback given in the Pirate Cruiser thread the first few days lead to a significant change in the Angel line of ships.. That was Devs reading and responding to issues and working out an idea.. But in most of the other threads it seems to be a comment the first day or two, then nothing. I mean the Pirate Battleship thread has more responses from individual ISD's cleaning the thread, than from Dev's..

If you are done with feedback, then just lock the threads.. otherwise please stick your head in, respond, address some concerns, or even dismiss them. I'd honestly rather a Dev say "No, we don't feel this is an issues and will keep things the way they are." than 30 pages of people arguing about it and NO feedback at all. I mean 2/3rd of the Pirate BS thread is about the Rattlesnake... Not a word in response to any of the complaints raised. People are raised issues with the Mordu's Legion Frig and Cruiser being OP (I don't think they are) and the BS being Underpowered (Which I agree with).. no feedback either.. Okay that last one hasn't been a week yet, but with the previous threads I'd be lying if I said I had faith that we will ever get any more feedback in the thread.

You ask for our feedback, we need yours, otherwise it's just two of three people with issues, and half a dozen trolls talking around in circles.


They iterated on the stats once they wont make any more changes until they are tested on Sisi which will happen this week maybe even tomorrow if they locked down a build on Friday. I expect lots of dev post in the ship balance threads this week.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Tornii
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2014-05-17 11:35:28 UTC
Why no mention of Dominix redesign in the blog? Has it been cancelled/moved away from Kronos?