These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What about a french forum ?

First post First post
Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#61 - 2014-05-15 19:37:59 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:

actually we're more Viking than French

lol yeah keep it up with that garbage

Its all the rage these days

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Marsha Mallow
#62 - 2014-05-15 19:38:47 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:

The Angles who spoke Gaelic (Original British Settlers, invaded by the Romans)
Then the Saxons, Jutes and Danes came along
With the Saxons taking precedency to form the Anglo-Saxon culture in the South, where Dane Law was briefly predominant in the North.

Then the Normans came to visit.

The Normans spoke French, but they weren't French
Norman is a contracted word .. North Men (Men of the North) ... which at that time still meant Viking Lol

For actual French people you need to look at Gaul & Brittany, where they spoke Gaelic

It was just a joke. And your info is inaccurate.

There's no consensus on the ethnicity of the earliest prehistoric English settlers who were supplanted by Celts (thought to have originated in Central Asia due to linguistic similarities). The Angles arrived after the Romans.

France didn't even exist when the North Men appeared so they have just as much claim to be called French as anyone else.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#63 - 2014-05-15 19:40:48 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Kitty Bear wrote:

The Angles who spoke Gaelic (Original British Settlers, invaded by the Romans)
Then the Saxons, Jutes and Danes came along
With the Saxons taking precedency to form the Anglo-Saxon culture in the South, where Dane Law was briefly predominant in the North.

Then the Normans came to visit.

The Normans spoke French, but they weren't French
Norman is a contracted word .. North Men (Men of the North) ... which at that time still meant Viking Lol

For actual French people you need to look at Gaul & Brittany, where they spoke Gaelic

It was just a joke. And your info is inaccurate.

There's no consensus on the ethnicity of the earliest prehistoric English settlers who were supplanted by Celts (thought to have originated in Central Asia due to linguistic similarities). The Angles arrived after the Romans.

France didn't even exist when the North Men appeared so they have just as much claim to be called French as anyone else.

Quoted for truth plus saves me writing it myself

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

CCP Falcon
#64 - 2014-05-15 19:41:53 UTC
We'll be looking at opening a French section of the forums as localization into french develops more and we onboard more staff for it.

I'm sure we'll announce it when it goes live, so keep an eye on the news Blink

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#65 - 2014-05-16 01:10:41 UTC
Sigh... I thought the inventive French had come up with a new position... leaving disappointed.
Lacrima Mosa Est
Kolovrat Empire
#66 - 2014-05-16 09:28:56 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:
Sigh... I thought the inventive French had come up with a new position... leaving disappointed.

What do you mean by new position?

Manager of the french fansite JOL_EVE and the facebook page **EVE: Online - Français **

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#67 - 2014-05-16 09:49:10 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it. Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
6. Racism and discrimination are prohibited.

Racism, gender stereotyping and hate speech are not permitted on the EVE Online Forums. Derogatory posting that includes race, religion or sexual preference based personal attacks and trolling can result in immediate suspension of forum posting privileges.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#68 - 2014-05-16 10:23:14 UTC
BrundleMeth wrote:
Oculi Magni wrote:
...They join and stay because the game is in french and doing so they will join french corps. Why would you go interact in english then?

Exactly....

Most will deny it but it is racism plain and simple...

I remember when I lived in Calgary. They had a large little Italy community. There was these old italian women in the country been here 40 years and REFUSED to learn English. Everything they did was to make their home and neighborhood like Italy. I asked their grand kids "why did they come here if they feel like this?" They would say "for a better life"... So how was this better?

That is actually the major issue with migrations of people. In the UK we have a rise of idiocy against immigration and europe because of this. However plenty of British people retire to Europe and don't learn the local language and complain about local laws etc. If you move to a country you should learn the language and not look to change the local laws.

Can't see a problem with a french language forum section once its localised, always good fun in low sec with french corps trying to kill me. Sadly couldn't talk to them though :P
Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#69 - 2014-05-16 10:40:03 UTC
vu la quantité de merde que la communauté FR peut produire par heure, je ne crois que cela soit une bonne idée

there's so many thing to fix in eve.... and they fix forum ! GJ! but ok i like it !

CCP Fozzie : AFK cloaking, however, is an entirely social form of power

vyshnegradsky
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#70 - 2014-05-16 10:44:48 UTC
Almethea wrote:
vu la quantité de merde que la communauté FR peut produire par heure, je ne crois que cela soit une bonne idée

Oui

This one's a bit over the edge guys.

Locked for breaking... well, pretty much all the rules.

• CCP Falcon
Mithandra
B.O.P Supplication For Glorious
Dracarys.
#71 - 2014-05-16 10:46:42 UTC
I want a Finnish language forum

Oh and Lithuanian, Estonian, Ugrian, Tagalog, Belgian and Sami.

Eve is the dark haired, totally hot emo gothchild of the gaming community

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#72 - 2014-05-16 12:27:37 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:

No, but the Franks did, so maybe they dont

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#73 - 2014-05-16 13:12:22 UTC
vyshnegradsky wrote:
Almethea wrote:

Oui

Oui Oui j'aime la croissant

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Icarius
The Wings of Maak
#74 - 2014-05-16 13:41:41 UTC
je souhaite bien du courage à ISD Ezwal, on a pas fini de se marrer
Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#75 - 2014-05-16 13:47:17 UTC
Icarius wrote:
je souhaite bien du courage à ISD Ezwal, on a pas fini de se marrer

oui je crois qu'ils n'ont pas idée de ce qu'ils vont faire

there's so many thing to fix in eve.... and they fix forum ! GJ! but ok i like it !

CCP Fozzie : AFK cloaking, however, is an entirely social form of power

Docteur Zoidberg
OTM Group
#76 - 2014-05-16 13:50:21 UTC
Almethea wrote:

Arrête de poster ça en fera un peu moins..
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#77 - 2014-05-16 14:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Lar Tadaruwa
Il y a un forum DUST 514 français.

J'ai reçu un offre de traduction pour une compagnie de finance que je connait depuis 10 ans.
Il m'offre un pourcentage de vente comme affilié et représentant.

(Même pour cette entré de forum, il a fallu que je copie les charactères avec accent car mon clavier est trop déficient.
De 76 réponses, la seule avec un accent grave est la dernière, je ne vais pas y chercher un "â accent grave".
J'ai utilisé Type French accents without a French keyboard pour simplifier. Sans compté que 70% des mots sont souligné en rouge. )

Il faudrait que je réécrive ma complainte confidentielle sur 60% des articles et conventions à la division d'urgence contre la torture de l'ONU en français.
Sa devrait avoir plus de muscle en 2 langues officielles.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Oshia Launay
Galactic Fringe Inc
#78 - 2014-05-16 14:26:37 UTC
Almethea wrote:

Gotta say, the French channel in game is dreadful. One good thing with English is that it draws an international crowd (especially in games that have euro severs) that's, erm, more educated than the average.
Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#79 - 2014-05-16 15:05:00 UTC
Mithandra wrote:
I want a Finnish language forum

Oh and Lithuanian, Estonian, Ugrian, Tagalog, Belgian and Sami.

Zulu!
Oshia Launay
Galactic Fringe Inc
#80 - 2014-05-16 15:40:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Oshia Launay
Regarding history:

- By the time of the Battle of Hastings, the Kingdom of France ('Francia') was very much decentralized, a fraction of it only was under direct control of the King, the rest under (loose) vassalage. The south or Brtitany didn't speak the same language as the north (where the "langue d'oil" was spoken, essentially 'Old French'). The concept of 'French' identity for that period would have been at best terribly fuzzy. 'Normans' (only a fraction of who might have had 'Viking' ancestors from two centuries before) were not any less 'French' than any other 'French' people of the time. Besides England was invaded not just by Normans, William had gathered a large army from various corners of the Kingdom including Brittany and Flanders.

- Angles were a Germanic people, not Celtic, and they weren't there before the Romans...

- It makes no sense to me to declare the 'actual French people' c. 11th century, were the Gauls and Bretons. I assume the idea here is that the Celts were the 'original' inhabitants of the country, but then again they weren't. The history and pre-history of the world is one of migrations and cultural displacement. In the 11th century, the 'French' were people who lived within the boundaries of the kingdom, the culture was mostly Frankish and Latin, and Brittany was largely independent anyway.