These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

How long to take down the Interbus Station? Small corps not able?

Author
Valeroth Kyarmentari
Verdant Rampart
#1 - 2011-12-02 03:55:47 UTC
So about how many battleships would it take to takedown an Interbus customs office? Lets say 15-20 minutes. I don't want to spend hours shooting at one. Anyone have an idea?
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#2 - 2011-12-02 04:05:36 UTC
10 mil HP, 20 minutes -> ~8.3k DPS.
So about 6-7 gank BSs, give or take.
Valeroth Kyarmentari
Verdant Rampart
#3 - 2011-12-02 04:08:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Valeroth Kyarmentari
Sort of bums me out. I'm all setup to put up a new customs office, but I can't take out the NPC station. And I don't know who to trust to help me do it. I'm in a small corp with only 3 people, so I guess I'll have to wait for everyone to be on at once.

Instead of complaning like everyone else, I was going to take some action! Now meh.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2011-12-02 04:11:22 UTC
You know, if you have less DPS it's still doable, it'll just take longer.
Cattegirn
Imperial Guardians
Tactical Narcotics Team
#5 - 2011-12-02 04:23:52 UTC
Do the shields have a built-in regen rate at all?
Emperor Salazar
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#6 - 2011-12-02 04:41:56 UTC
Friends are hard.
Hundo Kay
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-12-02 05:17:44 UTC
Cattegirn wrote:
Do the shields have a built-in regen rate at all?

50000s recharge IIRC, something so 200 per sec
pmchem
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-12-02 05:37:39 UTC
Valeroth Kyarmentari wrote:
Sort of bums me out. I'm all setup to put up a new customs office, but I can't take out the NPC station. And I don't know who to trust to help me do it. I'm in a small corp with only 3 people, so I guess I'll have to wait for everyone to be on at once.

On sisi I just solo afk'd an Interbus with MY TITAN.

You should try that it will go well I promise.

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Gabba Cyno
#9 - 2011-12-02 06:03:12 UTC
pmchem wrote:
Valeroth Kyarmentari wrote:

On sisi I just solo afk'd an Interbus with MY TITAN.

You should try that it will go well I promise.

pmchem, Your picture disturbs me....You have that metro stalker look about you.

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#10 - 2011-12-02 08:34:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
About 4h solo in a gank BS...
...or one of the new tier3 BCs.
Preferably the Oracle because you don't have to reload.
Jack Dant
The Gentlemen of Low Moral Fibre
#11 - 2011-12-02 10:53:08 UTC
People forget the 2.5m hp armor and 2m hp structure....

For reference, 6000 dps takes 40 minutes. The peak shield recharge is around 500 hp/s, so make sure you bring at least 3k dps to break through it quickly. Recharge is high for a structure, but also awesome because it saves you quite a bit of repping after it gets reinforced.

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#12 - 2011-12-02 13:32:10 UTC
Jack Dant wrote:

For reference, 6000 dps takes 40 minutes. The peak shield recharge is around 500 hp/s, so make sure you bring at least 3k dps to break through it quickly. Recharge is high for a structure, but also awesome because it saves you quite a bit of repping after it gets reinforced.

The Interbus CO's go into reinforced? That would seem odd.
Omega Flames
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2011-12-02 13:38:53 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Jack Dant wrote:

No the interbus ones don't but the player ones do and they have the exact same stats as the the interbus ones.
Jack Dant
#14 - 2011-12-02 13:42:52 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Jack Dant wrote:

No, it doesnt. But the stats are the same for both that and player ones.

Interbus CO, you need to shoot through 10 mil hp shields (with 500 hp/s peak recharge), then 2.5 mil hp armor, 2 mil hp structure (14.5m total).

Player CO reinforces at 25% shields, then comes out with 0% shield and you kill the armor and hull. So you save 2.5 mil hp that magically vanish when it reinforces. If nobody shoots the POCO when it's out of reinforce, it should regenerate shields back to 25% in a bit over 2 hours (not actually tested).

What happens in lowsec, stays in lowsec, lowering the barrier to entry to lowsec PVP: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=476644&#post476644

Omega Flames
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-12-02 13:48:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Omega Flames
Jack Dant wrote:
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Jack Dant wrote:

No, it doesnt. But the stats are the same for both that and player ones.

Interbus CO, you need to shoot through 10 mil hp shields (with 500 hp/s peak recharge), then 2.5 mil hp armor, 2 mil hp structure (14.5m total).

Player CO reinforces at 25% shields, then comes out with 0% shield and you kill the armor and hull. So you save 2.5 mil hp that magically vanish when it reinforces. If nobody shoots the POCO when it's out of reinforce, it should regenerate shields back to 25% in a bit over 2 hours (not actually tested).

It will take exactly 13.8 hours for the shields to regen from 0 to 100% so prob about 3 to 3.47 hours? If they act just like pos's thou you will have to get them to 50% before you can get a 2nd reinforcement timer out of one so maybe 5.5 to 6.5 hours is my guess.
Jack Dant
#16 - 2011-12-02 13:55:56 UTC
Omega Flames wrote:
It will take exactly 13.8 hours for the shields to regen from 0 to 100% so prob about 3 to 3.47 hours? If they act just like pos's thou you will have to get them to 50% before you can get a 2nd reinforcement timer out of one so maybe 5.5 to 6.5 hours is my guess.

Reinforcement timer resets at 25% according to the devblog, you don't have to rep it up all the way to 100%. I actually checked the shield recharge graphs a few days ago, and it should go 0-25% in a bit over 15% of the recharge time (2 to 2:30 hr).

Omega Flames
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2011-12-02 14:08:03 UTC
Jack Dant wrote:
Omega Flames wrote:

Reinforcement timer resets at 25% according to the devblog, you don't have to rep it up all the way to 100%. I actually checked the shield recharge graphs a few days ago, and it should go 0-25% in a bit over 15% of the recharge time (2 to 2:30 hr).

/sighs...i never said you had to bring it to 100%. You are correct that it only needs to get to 25% so there being only a roughly 2 hour time frame for someone to re muster to actually kill off the POCO is so much nicer than I was expecting that I actually think these things might be feasibly defendable by small forces.
lab geek011
I am not a Crook
#18 - 2011-12-03 17:01:49 UTC
Eve is always the same, the big corps get it all and the lower corps get crap

How can i compete with my 2 man corp against a corp that has set up 5 Customs offices as they have 95 people

It stated in the post that they would be removed it said nothing about having to destory them

Gabba Cyno
#19 - 2011-12-03 17:12:29 UTC
lab geek011 wrote:

How can i compete with my 2 man corp against a corp that has set up 5 Customs offices as they have 95 people

It stated in the post that they would be removed it said nothing about having to destory them

You cant. Just like you cant be a part of sov war in 0.0. Life isnt fair incase you didnt know. Why should a game as dynamic as eve be any different. PI is basically free isk anyways. If ccp gave you 100m isk per week some of you would complain that you should be getting 200m

lab geek011
I am not a Crook
#20 - 2011-12-03 17:15:19 UTC
Gabba Cyno wrote:
lab geek011 wrote:

You cant. Just like you cant be a part of sov war in 0.0. Life isnt fair incase you didnt know. Why should a game as dynamic as eve be any different. PI is basically free isk anyways. If ccp gave you 100m isk per week some of you would complain that you should be getting 200m

When it states that they would be decommissioned and removed i went out and purchased a few to do my part only to find i have to destroy them by doing 14.5m damage, it is easy for big corps but what about the small ones. it would take around 4-5 hours per one and in low sec thats to long

12Next page