These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2641 - 2014-05-15 18:20:29 UTC
Crazy KSK wrote:
currently all new DDAs have the same fitting as t2 but the damage bonus is 25,8% compared to t2 23%
looking at the officer DDAs I think the new faction ones should have 20-25 cpu cost instead of 30

Rats Sad
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#2642 - 2014-05-15 18:22:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Just tried the rattler on SiSi. Its definitely faster in missions now.

I didn't notice any unusual drone aggro and my heavies still alpha mission frigs. I assumed sentry damage would be getting better but it a little mixed...

Old T2 damage mod -> New damage mod (spec V)

Gardes 1.92 -> 1.7 (1.87)
Curators 1.56 -> 1.6 (1.76)
Bouncers 1.68 -> 1.5 (1.65)
Wardens 1.44 -> 1.4 (1.54)

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2643 - 2014-05-15 18:24:32 UTC
Been testing the rattle and I love the PvP RHML death machine it has become.

Frigates are flies to be swatted away, Most cruisers die before the clip is empty and I killed several battleships including a shield vindi. The spare high slot is also perfect for a cyno which makes the ship ideal for small gang/hotdropping.

Currently working on a torp fit.
XxRTEKxX
256th Shadow Wing
Phantom-Recon
#2644 - 2014-05-15 18:24:49 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Just tried the rattler on SiSi. Its definitely faster in missions now.

and i didn't notice any unusual drone aggro.

I need to get on there and check it out tonight.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2645 - 2014-05-15 19:21:33 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Frigates are flies to be swatted away, Most cruisers die before the clip is empty and I killed several battleships including a shield vindi. The spare high slot is also perfect for a cyno which makes the ship ideal for small gang/hotdropping.

In said PvP fit, what drones are you using, for what circumstances, and why?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Myrthiis
Boon Odd Ducks Bath Toys
#2646 - 2014-05-15 19:24:47 UTC
What a surprise once the RS has hitted SIsi everything is fine,both in PVP and Pve same thing for the Nightmare .
But actually i'm much more worried for the Machariel ,still have a poor slot layout ,poor bonuses,poor utlity slots ,poor tank ,poor grid and cpu and now not even agility for a GTFO option ^^.
KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2647 - 2014-05-15 20:26:14 UTC
Quote:
Post your fit, Rod.

Just one you feel would be educational for the ignorant masses.

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.

Topher Basquette Dusch-shur
Montana Freedom Fighters
#2648 - 2014-05-15 20:30:31 UTC
Myrthiis wrote:
What a surprise once the RS has hitted SIsi everything is fine,both in PVP and Pve same thing for the Nightmare .
But actually i'm much more worried for the Machariel ,still have a poor slot layout ,poor bonuses,poor utlity slots ,poor tank ,poor grid and cpu and now not even agility for a GTFO option ^^.

Poor Poor Machariel. Obviously the thing is terrible. That's why no one uses it for LVL 4s, incursions, or PVP. Right? Roll
Myrthiis
Boon Odd Ducks Bath Toys
#2649 - 2014-05-15 20:41:41 UTC
Topher Basquette Dusch-shur wrote:
Myrthiis wrote:

Poor Poor Machariel. Obviously the thing is terrible. That's why no one uses it for LVL 4s, incursions, or PVP. Right? Roll

Well irony ,dont solve the problem of the hull ,in lvl 4 u have better ships for every NPC u can found ,in incursions its only used for alpha and in pvp with the current changes it ll dissapear soon.
Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#2650 - 2014-05-15 21:23:19 UTC
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:
Quote:
Post your fit, Rod.

Just one you feel would be educational for the ignorant masses.

Some people seem to think the Snake is only good as a sniper. The undisputed fact is that other pirate faction battleships do this better.

The loss of missile velocity bonus and omni nerf further makes the snake weak as a sniper.

Therefore, what does the snake do best?

For one, it it currently has the largest drone bay of any battleship. This in itself makes the rattlesnake a unique ship in EVE.

Another is its ability to quickly and easily clear and loot a room and progress to the next. True, a Sniper Snake has more DPS, but that ship is played with a MJD, and the wrecks are spread all over the field and the sentrys are needed to kill everything in good time. It takes much longer for a mobile tractor unit to gather them all and for you to salvage them all.

The limits on mission completion and looting time for the Snake revolve around the time it can deploy salvage drones.

When you play a torpedo snake, battleships die very quickly. This is the most optimum use of launcher slots, being that battleships are quick to lock onto and you can apply the most DPS to them. Light drones and medium drones are needed to kill everything else. With +50% damage and HP on all its drones, they zip around the battlefield and pop frigates and cruises in seconds.

The faster your drones are done with their work, the faster you can deploy salvage drones. The snake has the perfect balance of missile DPS and drone DPS that ensure Battleships die quickly and so does everything else, all while flying towards the next warp gate. Because of the Snakes excellent ability to tank damage, the wrecks are all in close range and quickly collected, resulting in faster mission completion times if one chooses to loot.

With the loss of +50% bonus to all its drones and missile velocity bonus, the way to utilize the strengths of a rattlesnake best will be destroyed. Torpedoes will no longer have their viability, since other npc battleships will easily get out of their range and drones with +50% less damage and hp will result in lengthier periods before salvage drones can be deployed, resulting in lengthier mission completion times.

Currently, because of +50 bonus drone damage and hp, a Torpedo snake can loot and complete missions faster than a cruise or torp golem, but with these changes, there will be no reason at all to play a Rattlesnake since they both will have unbonused lights and mediums and the Golem will tank better AND do more damage.

For optimal game play, the applications of heavy drones for a battleships are almost non-existent. + other ships snipe better.

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Myrthiis
Boon Odd Ducks Bath Toys
#2651 - 2014-05-15 21:33:51 UTC
First salvage drone sucks and with 665 M3 u arent already able to loot multiple rooms mission.U d better drop ur mtu bookmark it and come back later with something with enough cargo bay ,salvager and rigs to be efficient.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2652 - 2014-05-15 21:39:02 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
odd sisi is not allowing the use of normal drones tonight only GeckoSad

(skills seem weird)

no medium drone operation :(

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Daichi Yamato
#2653 - 2014-05-15 21:59:06 UTC
so all this was about salvage drones, medium drones and torps?? u could have just said.

first thing u need to do is stop using mediums. Heavies kill rats better than mediums all the time. Always.
now u have space for ur salvage drones.

and the torp range is a legitimate gripe. must be kinda slow flying round the mission getting everything within range though, or worse, waiting for them to come to u. u'd probably do better with cruises or RHML's anyway.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2654 - 2014-05-15 22:15:20 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
so all this was about salvage drones, medium drones and torps?? u could have just said.

first thing u need to do is stop using mediums. Heavies kill rats better than mediums all the time. Always.
now u have space for ur salvage drones.

and the torp range is a legitimate gripe. must be kinda slow flying round the mission getting everything within range though, or worse, waiting for them to come to u. u'd probably do better with cruises or RHML's anyway.

The new RHML's have both better range and better dps than the old torps did.

And if he's wasting his life slowboating around while using salvage drones, then he won't mind the reload time.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2655 - 2014-05-15 22:25:28 UTC
The geckos are what heavy drones should be, If the ship had a means of replacing geckos, then a lot of people would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable.

Daichi Yamato
#2656 - 2014-05-15 22:31:09 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
The geckos are what heavy drones should be, If the ship had a means of replacing geckos, then a lot of people would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable.

They might be a bit too good for that.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2657 - 2014-05-15 22:34:17 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Daichi Yamato wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

They might be a bit too good for that.

Single gecko on the rattlesnake, particularly as the heavies are getting boosted is not too much of a stretch..........
After all you can fit a couple of augmented, why not single a gecko that you could replace somehow?
I think anyone who buys a rattlesnake will want to budget for 30.
With it the ship works, without? well we see the opinions, the ship is NOT as bad as some claim, but it needs a little sparkle :)

Daichi Yamato
#2658 - 2014-05-15 22:38:39 UTC
Lol u can use one at a time, and u wont be losing them.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2659 - 2014-05-15 22:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Lol u can use one at a time, and u wont be losing them.

I tried some last night in a losec complex, Came very very near to losing one at least, In wormholes, There is no way it can be avoided.
there is not time to recall if they get the hate :( thankfully not all the time, but it is something you cannot control.

Edit, I do not see the rattler as a good WH PvE ship, just an observation.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2660 - 2014-05-15 23:04:54 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

In said PvP fit, what drones are you using, for what circumstances, and why?

Heavies for anything but frigates, for frigs I just used the ever trusty warriors.