These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

"Hulkageddon" A faliure of the EvE Community

First post
Author
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#21 - 2011-12-03 16:05:14 UTC
Intar Medris Medris wrote:
Hulkegeddon would be more succesful if ADHD wannabe pirates would only focus on Hulks, and not everything with a mining laser. Seriously you guys gank more indys than you do Hulks.

The problem is once Hulkageddon starts, the Hulk pilots will simply switch to Covetors or super-slow-mining Industrials to mitigate their loses. Therefore, it's not like the gankers have any choice in the matter. Although, ganking a bunch of freighters with tons of goodies will become more common now that we have tier 3 battlecruisers with battleship DPS.

Also, I agree with your post that there are too many miners out there that simply dump their minerals into the market carelessly and in mass. This reduces the value of the minerals (which is already added to the list of **** that we already know). If more miners were to simply (at least voluntarily) dump less minerals into the market at prices that are higher than the regional average (and not at the first available buy order they see) then we can see prices go up. But unfortunately, too many miners have become impatient and wouldn't want to wait a single week to wait for a sell order to clear out and they just continuously dump the minerals in mass with no control.

As for me, I have control. I am careful not to sell too many minerals in my local market and I sell them with the highest price tolerable. But for now, since Hulkageddon is coming this February (based on the forums discussions), I have been focusing my minerals in the production of Destroyers and their respective modules. Now that Dessies no longer suffer the pains of the RoF penalty, I expect to see gankers lining up for these things. And if I want to buy minerals for production, then I am careful not to price my buy orders too low because I like to give a little more to the miners who put in effort to get them.

Adapt or Die

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2011-12-03 16:09:32 UTC
And if you intent is to massivly inflate already high mineral prices gank away. Your favorite ganking ships, ammo, missles... etc will get more expensive and us poor defensless miners will laugh our asses off as we roll in the pile of ISK that rolls in. Trit for example is the highest I have seen in a long time avg 3 ISK in many regions.

You say this like gankers have any shortage of income.. or have any concern about the cost of fitting out a few dozen thrashers to lay waste with.

Xenuria
#23 - 2011-12-03 16:10:29 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:
Hulkegeddon would be more succesful if ADHD wannabe pirates would only focus on Hulks, and not everything with a mining laser. Seriously you guys gank more indys than you do Hulks.

The problem is once Hulkageddon starts, the Hulk pilots will simply switch to Covetors or super-slow-mining Industrials to mitigate their loses.

That is why you need to do it year round...
Intar Medris
KarmaFleet University
#24 - 2011-12-03 17:07:37 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:

The problem is once Hulkageddon starts, the Hulk pilots will simply switch to Covetors or super-slow-mining Industrials to mitigate their loses.

Year round wouldn't work for you guys. You need a sec status higher than -2.0 in order to move your ganking systems around without CONCORD blowing you skyhigh. It doesn't take much to lose sec status, but could take days or even weeks to recover it to where you can go ganking some more. Even with a perfect 10.0 you will only only be able to gank everyday for a couple weeks. The reason why Hulkegeddon only last 2-3 weeks. I am pretty sure most of you would just get bored after doing this a couple months. Gank, go back to low or null, rat, and gank again. It would become as repetitive, and boring as mining. An extended Hulkegeddon is possible, but year round is highly unlikely. I think Helicity Boson knew that.

I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#25 - 2011-12-03 17:14:46 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:

Year round wouldn't work for you guys. You need a sec status higher than -2.0 in order to move your ganking systems around without CONCORD blowing you skyhigh. It doesn't take much to lose sec status, but could take days or even weeks to recover it to where you can go ganking some more. Even with a perfect 10.0 you will only only be able to gank everyday for a couple weeks. The reason why Hulkegeddon only last 2-3 weeks. I am pretty sure most of you would just get bored after doing this a couple months. Gank, go back to low or null, rat, and gank again. It would become as repetitive, and boring as mining. An extended Hulkegeddon is possible, but year round is highly unlikely. I think Helicity Boson knew that.

Wow so wrong.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#26 - 2011-12-03 17:23:08 UTC
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13860606

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13690214

lol

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Intar Medris
KarmaFleet University
#27 - 2011-12-03 17:31:26 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13860606

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13690214

lol

Why would a Hulk need a cap recharger. It could easily mine a full cargo hold with 3 Invul feilds going the whole time. That is if you have the basic energy managment skills. Even then unless you are in some really deep **** you don't need need all three.

I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.

Xenuria
#28 - 2011-12-03 17:33:37 UTC
I am not here to answer for why an alternative may or may not work. I am however saying that an alternative is needed if you want to have any impact whatsoever.

Sec status is not that hard to get back up if you have you're fast talk skill at level 5 and you hop from system to system killing a pirate each system. The problem is people are lazy and complacent.

Thorin Kwark
Oberon Enterprises Inc.
#29 - 2011-12-03 20:50:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Thorin Kwark
And if you intent is to massivly inflate already high mineral prices gank away. Your favorite ganking ships, ammo, missles... etc will get more expensive and us poor defensless miners will laugh our asses off as we roll in the pile of ISK that rolls in. Trit for example is the highest I have seen in a long time avg 3 ISK in many regions.

Trit was at 11.40 to 12.15 when I started palying, want to bet it goes past that?
Yaaar's Revenge
Lightning Squad
Snuffed Out
#30 - 2011-12-03 22:55:41 UTC
What's that Lassie? OP is a ******?

Follow me on Twitter @Yaaars_Revenge

Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2011-12-03 23:16:45 UTC
Too bad I make my own gankboats, br0. Also, who said concord? Just join an indy corp (any corp that's spamming invites) and get some nice green on green action going

also I don't think people care about min prices, hulkageddon will have bounties funded by mittens' 76 tek moons as does the ice interdiction. You lose.
Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2011-12-03 23:17:40 UTC
Andski wrote:
Previous Hulkageddons have always been diffused and relatively uncoordinated. IIRC, Hulkageddon V or whatever is going to improve on that.

v0v

76 tech moons worth of bounties should incite even the laziest of people.
Sevgei Ertekin
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-12-04 01:48:38 UTC
Most people aren't going to waste the time or sec. Whether it's a dedicated character or not. Suiciding barges/exhumers in empire is hardly a reason for most spinners to bother undocking and/or logging on a trash alt. Effort vs. reward (in isk or tears) is just not there. But it's cute to see it continue.
Xenuria
#34 - 2011-12-04 01:53:42 UTC
Sevgei Ertekin wrote:
Most people aren't going to waste the time or sec. Whether it's a dedicated character or not. Suiciding barges/exhumers in empire is hardly a reason for most spinners to bother undocking and/or logging on a trash alt. Effort vs. reward (in isk or tears) is just not there. But it's cute to see it continue.

I think the short term reward is low... The long term reward is huge however.
Atrum Veneficus
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2011-12-04 03:33:28 UTC
Goonswarm's Ice Interdiction is focused primarily on mackinaws mining blue ice in Gallente Hi-sec, it has however managed to snag quite a few Hulks as collateral damage:

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/shrugged.html

As you can see, in the two months the Ice Interdiction has been active, over 600 hulks have been destroyed, as well as 1400 mackinaws. Now imagine if Hulkageddon is on-going while Ice Interdiction is active.

There are several factors that may make this Hulkageddon one to remember, interdiction's impact is just one of them.

And as you can see, Interdiction is alive and well despite the removal of insurance from Concord kills... just like I said it would.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#36 - 2011-12-04 04:43:48 UTC
Darius III wrote:
With CCP's continued nerfing of the ganking lifestyle, I fear for events to come.

I'm not a ganker myself, so I'm unaware of all the subtleties. But wouldn't CCP's boosting of Destroyer stats be a boon to alpha strikers everywhere?

http://www.wormholes.info

Atrum Veneficus
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2011-12-04 05:27:30 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Darius III wrote:
With CCP's continued nerfing of the ganking lifestyle, I fear for events to come.

I'm not a ganker myself, so I'm unaware of all the subtleties. But wouldn't CCP's boosting of Destroyer stats be a boon to alpha strikers everywhere?

Yes, the destroyer buff makes anyone who isn't lower than -5.0 a gank machine at very little cost. There are Catalyst gank fits that can do about 683 dps.

CCP also upped the amount of salvage that drops off of player wrecks, providing another source of income.

Historically, most gankers are taking out high value targets with the potential payout far greater than their ship value. Removing insurance generally is still going to leave the balance on the side of the ganker, it's just that the few "isk conscious" gankers have to take that into account now.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#38 - 2011-12-04 05:43:08 UTC
Atrum Veneficus wrote:
Removing insurance generally is still going to leave the balance on the side of the ganker, it's just that the few "isk conscious" gankers have to take that into account now.

Well, sure. CCP also just removed system jumps from showing up on the API for wormholes (where I live). Very much in flavor for w-space, but it is something new to be accounted for; and it does shift the power towards players that know what they're doing.

http://www.wormholes.info

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#39 - 2011-12-04 11:10:48 UTC
"Xenuria" THE failure of the EVE Community.

Fixed the title for you. Blink

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Xenuria
#40 - 2011-12-04 13:21:56 UTC
Jack Carrigan wrote:
"Xenuria" THE failure of the EVE Community.

Fixed the title for you. Blink

Roll You're new here aren't you?
Previous page123Next page