These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A place to keep supercapitals..

Author
Alyssa Haginen
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-05-14 20:20:34 UTC
I would like to train and buy a super carrier and would even be willing to spend a couple hundred in plex to obtain it. My problem is that there is no safe place to put it. Make a sov station upgrade for building and docking supers please. Even a personal capital ship maintenance bay would be nice so only you can access your docked ships. I could throw my super carrier in either a station or pos ship bay and know no one can access it other then killing the pos or station. Even titans should be on the list with titan docking upgrades. The problem it would create would be docking games. That can be fixed easy by applying a new longer aggression timer for supercapitals like 15 minutes instead of 1. Has no side effects because capitals can't use stargates.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#2 - 2014-05-14 20:45:14 UTC
There exists a safe method to store supercapitals. It costs 1 plex for month, which seems to be well within your budget.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Sieges
#3 - 2014-05-14 20:47:13 UTC
+1 I like this idea. The older the game gets, the more of us who might want to have some of these amazing ships and have the skills to use them too.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-05-14 21:15:24 UTC
No.

Death to all supers.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Alyssa Haginen
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-05-14 21:20:05 UTC
Batelle wrote:
There exists a safe method to store supercapitals. It costs 1 plex for month, which seems to be well within your budget.

Training another toon takes over one plex and months of time.
HiddenPorpoise
Jarlhettur's Drop
United Federation of Conifers
#6 - 2014-05-14 21:33:29 UTC
POSes can hold them and cap arrays can dock them.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2014-05-14 22:37:27 UTC
HiddenPorpoise wrote:
POSes can hold them and cap arrays can dock them.

You don't even need sov for those anymore. Just pop one up wherever you feel like.
Sigras
Conglomo
#8 - 2014-05-14 22:56:34 UTC
What you're looking for is an X-Large Ship Maintenance Array

As you can see from the database dump they took away the sov restriction, and it doesnt take CPU, so your ship is completely safe in low sec.

They can even store a Titan...
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-05-14 23:08:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Zan Shiro
I think we can classify this under the if you need to ask about what you need for a mommy/titan....you may not be ready to own one category.
Alyssa Haginen
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-05-14 23:26:35 UTC
Sigras wrote:

As you can see from the database dump they took away the sov restriction, and it doesnt take CPU, so your ship is completely safe in low sec.

The problem with it is other people in your corporation can access your ship. You would need to be the only director in order to keep you super safe.. Leaving a super in open view in a pos field is not a great idea.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2014-05-15 00:27:31 UTC
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
Sigras wrote:

The problem with it is other people in your corporation can access your ship. You would need to be the only director in order to keep you super safe.. Leaving a super in open view in a pos field is not a great idea.

If your corp doesnt have restricted access to their hangars, then they need to have them stolen.

I bet you could get one on the cheap instead of buying hundreds of plexes...
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-05-15 00:32:15 UTC
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
Sigras wrote:

A pos roles revamp would solve your problem, and many others that people have been calling for years. If you really want to get out of it though, just train an alt on the same account, or a different account, to sit in it. Very few people with supers have just 1 account, so you should be able to scrounge up an alt somewhere. Hell, use one of your cyno toons. Afterall, you're unlikely to be moving it on the holder, anyway.

As for the time required to get a brand new character into any super carrier as a holding toon, it is approximately 100 days, assuming you plug in some +3s or +4s. And no, if you have a super, 3 +4s is not even a drop in the bucket. (Perception, willpower, memory. You can do without the intelligence implant)
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#13 - 2014-05-15 00:33:34 UTC
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
Sigras wrote:

Just don't allow corp or alliance members into the pos. This means that anyone who wants to get inside the POS requires a password to get in. If you can't get inside, you can't access any hangars.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Sigras
Conglomo
#14 - 2014-05-15 02:09:00 UTC
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
Sigras wrote:

If you dont trust your corp members, you can disallow corp access to the POS so everyone who goes to it has to have the PW.

If you dont trust the directors of your corp / the people who have starbase management roles in your corp, find another corp...

The tools are all there, you just have to use them in a non stupid way.
Axe Coldon
#15 - 2014-05-16 01:46:00 UTC
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
I would like to train and buy a super carrier and would even be willing to spend a couple hundred in plex to obtain it. My problem is that there is no safe place to put it. Make a sov station upgrade for building and docking supers please. Even a personal capital ship maintenance bay would be nice so only you can access your docked ships. I could throw my super carrier in either a station or pos ship bay and know no one can access it other then killing the pos or station. Even titans should be on the list with titan docking upgrades. The problem it would create would be docking games. That can be fixed easy by applying a new longer aggression timer for supercapitals like 15 minutes instead of 1. Has no side effects because capitals can't use stargates.

I agree. The idea of a sitter isn't safe. If you think that read the article about PL taking 20 months to kill a titan by tracking the guys alts. And while they might not go to that much trouble for a super..I have seen small alliances that will.

But if we had a way to dock supers there there would be way more of them in the game..and I am not sure how that fits into the big scheme of things. By not letting them dock they are more rare and higher valued. Which is nice to have in a game.

I like eve because there is something to work for. Its not a game you get max levels in 30-60 days then nothing left to do but raid for the rest of your life. So you leave and play a new game. Eve is different and we need to keep it that way. Dedication, hard work, and most of all patience, pays off in EVE. TO be successful in eve you need to be in it for the long haul. If we take that away we ruin the game that many of us have devoted our adult lives too. (sad but true)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Sirran The Lunatic
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#16 - 2014-05-16 03:13:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Sirran The Lunatic
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
Even a personal capital ship maintenance bay would be nice so only you can access your docked ships.

Only you can access your docked ships in stations. Sure, other people with roles can view your ships, but how would having a supercapital-docking upgrade not be a dead giveaway, anyways? Prepare to be camped in.

Alyssa Haginen wrote:
I would like to train and buy a super carrier and would even be willing to spend a couple hundred in plex to obtain it. .

Alyssa Haginen wrote:

Training another toon takes over one plex and months of time.

wait, what?

Seems pretty apparent that what you're really looking for, when you boil it down, is a safe, convenient way to claim ownership over a supercapital of your own? There is not (and should not be) anything convenient about a ship that does 10k+ dps @ 30m+ EHP. Alone, they're virtually useless and quite frankly nothing more than a great killmail waiting to happen unless you're the #yolo type that likes to solo hotdrop JFs on JBs.

Anyways, if you don't care about any of that, just buy (with your hundreds of dollars) a sitting toon to plug into it. The folks above are correct, there's nothing entirely safe about having a sitting toon. But you simply need to realize there is nothing safe about owning a lone supercapital (or even a hundred), ever, and there never should be or 1) it would be mundane 2) it would screw this game up so bad (re: worse) in terms of balance.
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-05-16 05:27:03 UTC
Right click+Delete Super Capital Coding.

TY CCP! :)

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-05-16 08:07:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
I would like to [...] spend a couple hundred in plex [...].

I just found out what your problem is. You can thank me later. Shocked

EDIT: Still +1 for the capital Ship bay.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#19 - 2014-05-16 08:44:58 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:
Alyssa Haginen wrote:
Sigras wrote:

Just don't allow corp or alliance members into the pos. This means that anyone who wants to get inside the POS requires a password to get in. If you can't get inside, you can't access any hangars.

this looks like the best solution