These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Disable recent update tooltips?

Author
Cifelli
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#81 - 2014-05-13 20:21:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Cifelli
i respect that a lot of effort probably went into doing this change but give us the option to disable the tooltips for people that dont want them. They are annoying!
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#82 - 2014-05-13 20:31:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Cifelli wrote:
i respect that a lot of effort probably went into doing this change but give us the option to disable the tooltips for people that dont want them. They are annoying!

Good luck with that
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=243438

The above thread is only up to 91 pages of players asking for an off switch for another bad decision that was not tested adequately.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Jayem See
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2014-05-13 20:42:12 UTC
Might be worth voicing your concerns in the Dev-blog thread as well.

CCP Delegate Zero has made a post due to feedback here.

Aaaaaaand relax.

Cekle Skyscales
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2014-05-13 20:45:07 UTC
Maybe give it a day? Maybe a whole day before passing judgment.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#85 - 2014-05-13 20:50:23 UTC
Cekle Skyscales wrote:
Maybe give it a day? Maybe a whole day before passing judgment.

An assault on the senses does not get better with time.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

VTyx Soul
Station Window Lickers
#86 - 2014-05-13 20:53:53 UTC
I want to gauge my eyes out now after seeing this.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#87 - 2014-05-13 20:55:56 UTC
Wrong place to post. Post in the comments thread if you actually want your comments to be read by the devs.

Some good ideas here that really would be a shame to be ignored.
Darkward
DW Industries
#88 - 2014-05-13 21:06:13 UTC
The new tool-tip stuff might be fancy for new players, tho mostly the information is redundant, try running a data or relict site, it is wasting always time when hoovering over dropped items until tho information "what-it--is" is shown, thus reducing the time in going through all of them. Finally that means you can grab less of the stuff.

And again once you select one item the very same information is displayed. Kinda annoying IMHO.

Having an option to disable those tool-tip would come very handy.

- DW
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#89 - 2014-05-13 21:24:40 UTC
Seriously lads, post about it here where the appropriate devs will see your feedback . https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=344245&find=unread
Destiny Calling
North Eastern Swat
#90 - 2014-05-13 21:53:29 UTC
We never get an "off" button for many of these "features". The scan overlay is another huge mess up that was never fixed.

no, sorry, you need to scan every system no matter what. Even if you don't want it to scan anything.

lul
Ivan Taredi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2014-05-13 22:28:04 UTC
Left my thoughts on the other thread. I humbly suggest all others do the same.
Neutrino Sunset
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2014-05-13 22:29:54 UTC
Why in God's name couldn't the poor sod who implemented this abhorrent tooltip in space nonsense have done something useful instead like:

Create an option to disable the bloody scanner overlay.

Fix the overview so that it remembers sort order for each tab.

Create a shortcut key for 'Orbit at current range'.

Create shortcut keys that open either the Star Map or System Map directly without having to go to the one you don't want to look at first.

Or any one of the 1000 other trivial improvements that the players have been asking for for years.
Jered Hakaaros
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2014-05-14 00:37:16 UTC
Fixing those little things actually requires an understanding of how much they hinder the gameplay, not in code but in practise, or else this very pretty list would have been hotfixed ages ago in a single day. Its really small stuff that makes a very big difference in gaming experience.

Well, I guess manually writing a tooltip describing the describtion of the info of every single thing there is in Eve is a good start getting to know your own game. It has been 11 years, after all :)
WhoDoo Lee
#94 - 2014-05-14 00:49:17 UTC
I'd have to agree with the masses up there, this new feature has its annoyances. I can see how it can be an improvement for tight clusters of icons (such as a planet/moon/asteroid clump) in as it does not fall apart as quick as the old method, thus making it easier/quicker to select the proper warp. However, for individual, or small groups (< 5) it serves more as a hindrance than anything else. That and the delay is awfully slow...

Disabling would be nice. Just my $0.02
Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#95 - 2014-05-14 01:21:16 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
I noticed this in space!

That's .. ridiculous! I haven't seen every case yet,
but why does it try to add information when this information is already presented?

Why the redundancy?
Why are people being treated as if they were idiots?

Wtf is this crap ??

I'm not happy. :(
I feel insulted. ):

Good.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#96 - 2014-05-14 01:24:44 UTC
We need to ramp up on the official thread, they're ignoring feedback at this point, looks they're digging their heels in.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=344245

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Drabbin Mishi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2014-05-14 01:25:31 UTC
My problem is that the tooltips on the mini-containers from Data and Relic sites are *MUCH* slower than the old name popups - making it much much more difficult to find and click on the mini-containers that you need to retrieve. MUCH slower.
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#98 - 2014-05-14 01:31:33 UTC
A option to turn off tool tips would be a good idea. Since they truly do clutter up the screen.

Kind regards Celise Katelo

[insert tool tip] Shocked [Error] = Cookies P

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#99 - 2014-05-14 02:26:05 UTC
I am not at all impressed by these tool tips covering important information as others have stated, not only that but it broke the starmap on this account to which a bug report was sent. Why is it that even tho this would be nice for the new players we have to look at this everytime we need to click or mouse over??

I am in agreement that a way to disable these should had been built in.What?What?What?UghUghUghPiratePiratePirate
General Nusense
Doomheim
#100 - 2014-05-14 03:32:41 UTC
Stank Bero wrote:
This is in reference to the recent update on 5/13/14.

This update added hovering popup tooltips to everything. Everything.

I might be alone here but I know what the symbols on the overview represent. Anyone playing the game more than a month does. *Contains loot items* - Great, thanks..

Can this be disabled? I have looked for an option to do it however I can't seem to find it. I have quite possibly overlooked it.

If this can't be disabled, make it so it can please.

you are not alone.

VOTE OFF BUTTON IN 2014.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.