These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2501 - 2014-05-10 17:39:29 UTC
Wait wait wait... a RS will be hard to tank for lvl4's? Really?

It can already passive tank lvl4's.. And that's not changing.. you just need to, as always, chose between Damage, Damage Application, and Tank. Just like EVERY other ship.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2502 - 2014-05-10 17:40:15 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
I should think this will tank any level 4 or c3 WH site:

Yes, but even with the target painter missile damage application is still going to be pretty abysmal.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2503 - 2014-05-10 17:54:39 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Yes, but even with the target painter missile damage application is still going to be pretty abysmal.

Citadel cruise missiles will hammer cruisers. What exactly makes you think cruise missiles, the most widely used weapon in level 4 missions, are unable to land their damage?
Morukk Nuamzzar
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2504 - 2014-05-10 18:10:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Morukk Nuamzzar
baltec1 wrote:

Citadel cruise missiles will hammer cruisers. What exactly makes you think cruise missiles, the most widely used weapon in level 4 missions, are unable to land their damage?

With excellent missiles skills and proper rigs & implants you can easily kill even elite NPC frigates, what to speak of cruisers or larger.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2505 - 2014-05-10 18:25:14 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
However, this also assumes 100% damage application - which is not going to be the case for missiles on the Rattlesnake, simply due to the fact that it does not have the real estate for a pair of target painters and a pair of omnidirectionals.

That's just not right, and you know it.
Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2506 - 2014-05-10 18:33:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Dont search for the same correlation as in fleet doctrine, missioning has not the same penalties for underperforming, we do not really know whether the majority of people uses 4 or 7 salvos per bs.
Sarnia Aldurad
Stellar Winds Consortium
#2507 - 2014-05-10 19:02:23 UTC
Okay -- this echoes my feelings on your changes to the cruisers, Gila esp... but here goes..

You plan to do this ::: to realize your idea that the battleships are heavy & sentry drone masters

RATTLESNAKE

Gallente Battleship Bonus: -------------->>> HUGE issue -- here we go nuking 1/2 of what makes these ships so wonderful -- the seamless blend of Missile Capabilty and Universal Drone Mastery, into a focus on Drones as a "primary weapon system" sadly the implementation is just joke.

10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage (was 10% drone damage and hitpoints) -- you pull our

Role Bonus:
275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage and hitpoints (was 50% bonus to Cruise missile and Torpedo max velocity)

Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50(-75) / 175(-225)

What will it MEAN for us as pilots??

We lose our alpha strike rang with Cruise Missiles & Torpedos... in exchange we get a bonus to missile KI/TH damage

in payment for that -- you **** our drone capacity to a ludicrous degree before teling us that with a comparatively miniscule drone bay and by comparrison pitiful bandwitdth altment - we can penny ante out heavy or sentry drones -- but we're to think positive since they have a crazy damage bonus and uber buffed HP .. honestly...... losing most of the punch on my Cruise missiles and Torpedos with the hamstringing of my reach and then losing all flexibility in Drone allocation, or even the capacity to maintain the needed wings for damage and situational changes on the fly.

Its frightening and really deserving of a serous rethink asap.

Regards.

SA
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2508 - 2014-05-10 19:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Sarnia Aldurad wrote:
Okay -- this echoes my feelings on your changes to the cruisers, Gila esp... but here goes..

You plan to do this ::: to realize your idea that the battleships are heavy & sentry drone masters

RATTLESNAKE

Gallente Battleship Bonus: -------------->>> HUGE issue -- here we go nuking 1/2 of what makes these ships so wonderful -- the seamless blend of Missile Capabilty and Universal Drone Mastery, into a focus on Drones as a "primary weapon system" sadly the implementation is just joke.

10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage (was 10% drone damage and hitpoints) -- you pull our

Role Bonus:
275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage and hitpoints (was 50% bonus to Cruise missile and Torpedo max velocity)

What will it MEAN for us as pilots??

We lose our alpha strike rang with Cruise Missiles & Torpedos... in exchange we get a bonus to missile KI/TH damage

in payment for that -- you **** our drone capacity to a ludicrous degree before teling us that with a comparatively miniscule drone bay and by comparrison pitiful bandwitdth altment - we can penny ante out heavy or sentry drones -- but we're to think positive since they have a crazy damage bonus and uber buffed HP .. honestly...... losing most of the punch on my Cruise missiles and Torpedos with the hamstringing of my reach and then losing all flexibility in Drone allocation, or even the capacity to maintain the needed wings for damage and situational changes on the fly.

Its frightening and really deserving of a serous rethink asap.

Regards.

SA

First, what punch is the rattle losing? Its gaining 50% more punch from its missiles.

Second, you dont need the huge dronebay as the heavies and sentries take up much less room.
Sarnia Aldurad
Stellar Winds Consortium
#2509 - 2014-05-10 19:47:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
[

Role Bonus:

First, what punch is the rattle losing? Its gaining 50% more punch from its missiles.

Second, you dont need the huge dronebay as the heavies and sentries take up much less room.[/quote]

Let me clarify.

Right now in my Rattlersnake, I with my immense bays maintain discreet wings of damage type and situationally queued Drones. I deploy them and know that no matter what I send out -- its got a 50% bonus to its Damage and Hitpoints.

I can deploy wings with a variety of combinations and include all my drone types. The Bandwitdh and Volume of Drones is not changing in the update that I can see.... what that means to me NOW, is that when I want to deploy heavy drones

I only have 50MB of bandwidth to do it in, so (2) heavies for example out of teh 7 its possible to put in now by comparrison miniscule bays.

[ IF THEY have reduced the VOlume and Bandwitdth of drones -- then HOORAH??? But I didn't see it, and I did look ]

Now --> In regards to Missiles.

We used to have a 50% bonues to the max velocity on ALL of our Torpedos and Cruise missiles - regardless of type... which translates as a huge increase to their effective ranges w/o having to rely on fittings.

But now, we lose that entirely, gaining instead at max a 50% damage bonus two TWO Damage profiled weapons. I'd much rather keep my univeral alpha range avantage.

Hope that helps clarify.

SA
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
New Eden Corporation 98713347
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2510 - 2014-05-10 19:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Your Cruise missiles will Still hit out to 100 KM. Which is your lock range, and the max range of sentry's with 2 DLAs.
2nd, the drone bay holds the SAME EFFECTIVE flights of heavy/sentry drones. You can bring 3 flights of heavys/sentrys and 1 light
Sarnia Aldurad
Stellar Winds Consortium
#2511 - 2014-05-10 19:58:00 UTC
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
Your Cruise missiles will Still hit out to 100 KM. Which is your lock range, and the max range of sentry's with 2 DLAs.
2nd, the drone bay holds the SAME EFFECTIVE flights of heavy/sentry drones. You can bring 3 flights of heavys/sentrys and 1 light

Sorry to be a pain, but can you share a link on where you saw any confirmation that the Drone pysical sizes are being changed?

I know about the speed changes, but no mention was made of physical size changes anywhere that I can find. I would feel a lot better about the entire changeplan. So as far as I can so far -- there are NO CHANGES to over all Drone Bandwitdh requirements, or to the Actual Drone Physical Volumes required. Again -- if you have a source on that I would dearly love to see it!!!

Thanks,

SA
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2512 - 2014-05-10 20:01:07 UTC
*facepalm*

You now need 2 drones instead of 5 to have a full flights worth of dps.

So where you needed 125m3 of dronebay, you know need 50.

That's why it's reduced.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Doggy Dogwoofwoof
New Eden Corporation 98713347
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2513 - 2014-05-10 20:04:17 UTC
Sarnia Aldurad wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Sorry to be a pain, but can you share a link on where you saw any confirmation that the Drone pysical sizes are being changed?

I know about the speed changes, but no mention was made of physical size changes anywhere that I can find. I would feel a lot better about the entire changeplan. So as far as I can so far -- there are NO CHANGES to over all Drone Bandwitdh requirements, or to the Actual Drone Physical Volumes required. Again -- if you have a source on that I would dearly love to see it!!!

Thanks,

SA

Notice how i said effective. a 275% bonus on 2 drones is equal to 7.5 drones. Same as it is currently.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2514 - 2014-05-10 20:08:01 UTC
Sarnia Aldurad wrote:
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:

Thanks,

SA

2 do the job of 5. A flight of heavy drones only takes up 50m/3 so the new rattle does not need 400m/3 of dronespace.
Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2515 - 2014-05-10 20:08:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Barton Breau
With this being said, 175 is still not half (or even 0.4), and more inconvenient in that you cannot have 3 flights + lights + salvage as before.

Just saying.
M Key
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#2516 - 2014-05-10 20:09:06 UTC
[quote=Sarnia Aldurad
ramble ramble rant

ramble ramble
Regards.

SA
[/quote]

you are aware that you can still fire to your max lock range with ease? You are aware that 50% more damage plus 25% more launchers improves DPS, while 50% to velocity only improves dps in the fringe cases where it wouldn't hit at all without it. Which in PvE should be NEVER since things don't go rolling around on MWD faster than an unbonused cruise missile. And you should be able to dictate range at will on rats.

Even for PvP, ask anyone if they would rather have 75% more damage or 50% more range that is already beyond max lock range.
Now you might have a point with a Torp Rattlesnake, but get this, the new rattle will do more damage at farther range with better application using cruise missiles than the old Torp rattle did with its range bonus.
Sarnia Aldurad
Stellar Winds Consortium
#2517 - 2014-05-10 20:14:39 UTC
Thanks all -- that definitely does help clarify things.

SA
Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#2518 - 2014-05-11 08:21:44 UTC
M Key wrote:
[quote=Sarnia Aldurad
ramble ramble rant

ramble ramble
Regards.

SA

you are aware that you can still fire to your max lock range with ease? You are aware that 50% more damage plus 25% more launchers improves DPS, while 50% to velocity only improves dps in the fringe cases where it wouldn't hit at all without it. Which in PvE should be NEVER since things don't go rolling around on MWD faster than an unbonused cruise missile. And you should be able to dictate range at will on rats.

Even for PvP, ask anyone if they would rather have 75% more damage or 50% more range that is already beyond max lock range.
Now you might have a point with a Torp Rattlesnake, but get this, the new rattle will do more damage at farther range with better application using cruise missiles than the old Torp rattle did with its range bonus. [/quote]

These were simple dps buffs needed to bring the rattlesnake in-line. There is no reason for the rattlesnake has to lose its missile velocity bonus or 400m3 drone bay.

This new rattlesnake will do zero missile damage when ships get out of torpedo range, and without missile velocity bonus, that happens very often.

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2519 - 2014-05-11 09:30:15 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
M Key wrote:
[quote=Sarnia Aldurad
ramble ramble rant

ramble ramble
Regards.

SA

Now you might have a point with a Torp Rattlesnake, but get this, the new rattle will do more damage at farther range with better application using cruise missiles than the old Torp rattle did with its range bonus.

These were simple dps buffs needed to bring the rattlesnake in-line. There is no reason for the rattlesnake has to lose its missile velocity bonus or 400m3 drone bay.

This new rattlesnake will do zero missile damage when ships get out of torpedo range, and without missile velocity bonus, that happens very often.

[/quote]

Are you talking about targets slipping out of torp range in PvP or PvE? If it's PvP shouldn't your arget be scrammed and webbed when using torps? So how do they slip out of range?
If it's PvE you're talking about .... you're using torps in PvE???? Hint... you're doing it wrong
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2520 - 2014-05-11 10:11:22 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:

Stop using torpedoes.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.