These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mordu's Legion: Garmur, Orthrus, Barghest

Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#41 - 2014-05-09 21:15:19 UTC
unidenify wrote:
so, in theory it would be faster than Caldari BS when blitz L4?

Maybe. It might have more damage but less damage application, and we'll need to see what the missile bonus(s) are along with capacitor. One variable is know: it's only going to have 350 calibration.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Jon Joringer
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2014-05-09 22:02:40 UTC
It doesn't really matter, in the end, but I'm pretty bummed CCP decided to throw yet another Galente based pirate faction out there, when Minmatar/Caldari is the only combination that isn't represented (and also makes much more sense given these new ships are very fast (likely shield tanked) missile spewers). Really wouldn't be too difficult to change a bit of lore or attribute these ships to a different faction.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#43 - 2014-05-09 22:32:19 UTC
Jon Joringer wrote:
It doesn't really matter, in the end, but I'm pretty bummed CCP decided to throw yet another Galente based pirate faction out there, when Minmatar/Caldari is the only combination that isn't represented (and also makes much more sense given these new ships are very fast (likely shield tanked) missile spewers). Really wouldn't be too difficult to change a bit of lore or attribute these ships to a different faction.

Yeah, but there's just no way Minmatar technology could be incorporated into a "stealthy" design - what with the various protrusions and solar sails sticking out. Then there's the rust factor...
Lol

Rayzilla Zaraki
Yin Jian Enterprises
#44 - 2014-05-09 22:38:28 UTC
Jon Joringer wrote:

Your point and reasoning makes sense.

But, could you imagine taking the scrap metal look on Minmatar and combining it with the asymmetry of Caldari?

Whoof...butt fugly.

Gate campers are just Carebears with anger issues.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#45 - 2014-05-09 23:28:48 UTC
Rayzilla Zaraki wrote:
Whoof...butt fugly.

They did improve the Battlestar Galactica, er... Typhoon though. Lol

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#46 - 2014-05-09 23:32:22 UTC
They said missiles and point range, so I'm guessing they're assuming we'd figure out the for ourselves, since they'd be pretty straightforward.

Caldari Frigate bonus:
5% bonus to missile firing rate

Gallente Frigate bonus:
5% bonus to warp disruptor range per level

Role bonus:
50% bonus to missile velocity

As per the general stats, I can see them having roughly the same defensive stats as caldari navy ships, probably a little better in the shield and hull departments, and great capacitor and mobility since they are going to be very speed-focused.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#47 - 2014-05-09 23:40:33 UTC
A straight missile velocity buff is so boring, though. I'd rather see something like +100% missile velocity and -50% flight time as a role bonus.

MidnightWyvern
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#48 - 2014-05-09 23:43:58 UTC
Personally, I'd find it amusing if the Orthrus became the new super-kite cruiser to replace the dreaded 100MN AB Tengu.

Be kinda nice to be able to use kite fleets like that in a Caldari ship without it being stupidly OP.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#49 - 2014-05-09 23:47:21 UTC
MidnightWyvern wrote:
Personally, I'd find it amusing if the Orthrus became the new super-kite cruiser to replace the dreaded 100MN AB Tengu. Be kinda nice to be able to use kite fleets like that in a Caldari ship without it being stupidly OP.

I imagine that will depend on the price tag to some extent...

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#50 - 2014-05-09 23:49:34 UTC
Now imagine they'll give them a -50% missile launcher reload time as role bonus.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#51 - 2014-05-09 23:58:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Abrazzar wrote:
Now imagine they'll give them a -50% missile launcher reload time as role bonus.

Since we're dreaming, how about -100% for rapid missile launchers?

Ian Stanley
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-05-10 00:03:42 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Cassandra Aurilien wrote:
Though weren't these going to be missile velocity & scram range bonused? (With high speed.) That doesn't necessarily sound like a DPS monster to me. (Though it would be nasty with long ranged torps...)

Missiles, with a bonus to velocity but a penalty to flight time. Thus you get similar range, but the missiles arrive sooner. Apparently this is important to PvPers.

They will be fast, scram-range-bonused, missile-spewing pancakes of kiting pwnage.

missiles spewing pancakes - i like that term

anyhow has our spaceships design being replaced by household kitchen appliances?
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-05-10 00:06:27 UTC
TheMercenaryKing wrote:
why in gods name do you think CCP would release that info?

I don't think god or his name (Harold) has anything to do with CCP releasing info.
Jon Joringer
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2014-05-10 00:07:53 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Yeah, but there's just no way Minmatar technology could be incorporated into a "stealthy" design - what with the various protrusions and solar sails sticking out. Then there's the rust factor...
Lol

Rayzilla Zaraki wrote:
Your point and reasoning makes sense.

But, could you imagine taking the scrap metal look on Minmatar and combining it with the asymmetry of Caldari?

Whoof...butt fugly.

A: As much as people don't seem to like admitting it, Minmatar are scrapheap ships no more. Look at any of the recently redesigned Minnie ships and tell me they look like they were taped together. What they are, however, is pretty sleek with the signature fin like protrusions and general aquatic inspired aesthetic.*

B: If you take a look at the Mordu ships, they're obviously really flat and have a fin like aesthetic going on as well (especially the Orthrus). Not to mention the Barghest does indeed look like a death stingray.*

I think the designs are perfectly fine to be Min/Cal ships. After all, they're not Min/Cal ships, but designed by a faction that took pieces/inspiration from Min/Cal -- they don't have to look like 'em, really.

*I'm not sure if anyone else sees this, but I think Minmatar ships are pretty heavily inspired by aquatic life. Which is fitting, I guess, because space is a liquid, as we all know. :P
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#55 - 2014-05-10 00:10:50 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
They said missiles and point range, so I'm guessing they're assuming we'd figure out the for ourselves, since they'd be pretty straightforward.

Caldari Frigate bonus:
5% bonus to missile firing rate

Gallente Frigate bonus:
5% bonus to warp disruptor range per level

Role bonus:
50% bonus to missile velocity

As per the general stats, I can see them having roughly the same defensive stats as caldari navy ships, probably a little better in the shield and hull departments, and great capacitor and mobility since they are going to be very speed-focused.

Considering they are supposed to be speed focused, I doubt there is going to be a missile range/velocity bonus. Probably more like to be a bonus to MWD Sig, MWD capacitor usage or something like that. I do hope you're right though. Some sort of Caracal on meth with a long range point would be amazing. 5% per level to disruptor range would be pretty pitiful though. Would expect at least 10%.
Joe Boirele
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2014-05-10 00:15:23 UTC
Ian Stanley wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Cassandra Aurilien wrote:
Though weren't these going to be missile velocity & scram range bonused? (With high speed.) That doesn't necessarily sound like a DPS monster to me. (Though it would be nasty with long ranged torps...)

Missiles, with a bonus to velocity but a penalty to flight time. Thus you get similar range, but the missiles arrive sooner. Apparently this is important to PvPers.

They will be fast, scram-range-bonused, missile-spewing pancakes of kiting pwnage.

missiles spewing pancakes - i like that term

anyhow has our spaceships design being replaced by household kitchen appliances?

I prefer the term "frying pan" to "pancake"

Enemies are just friends who stab you in the front.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!"

Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-05-10 00:22:48 UTC
The irony of this is they're releasing a pirate faction which uses missiles, at the same time they change Guristas ships to have damage bonuses to missiles. Mordu's stuff better be pretty exceptional! Shocked

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

Elisk Skyforge
State War Academy
#58 - 2014-05-10 00:22:53 UTC
What worries me is that the BPCs apparently drop only from ratting them in lowsec if Im correct? this way they would be much more expesnsive than SOE ships even after their prices stabilise.
What about increasing number of Mordu agents and offices to get them through LP ?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#59 - 2014-05-10 00:30:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Elisk Skyforge wrote:
What worries me is that the BPCs apparently drop only from ratting them in lowsec if Im correct? this way they would be much more expesnsive than SOE ships even after their prices stabilise.
What about increasing number of Mordu agents and offices to get them through LP ?

Low-sec could actually use the buff, to be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing SoE move from null into low-sec as well. It just means that most of us are going to have to buy our hulls.

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2014-05-10 02:22:16 UTC
The BPC's are going to be SEEDED in lowsec.. but they will still be made available like normal pirate factions, from their LP store, and through regular drops. Mark my words..

Also I thought they said something at Fanfest about giving Mordu's Legion more room in Nullsec..