These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM 9 Results

First post First post
Author
Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#421 - 2014-05-09 20:25:41 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

Is it such a hard to thing to understand that an unsubscribed holding account would be in possession of a supercap? You've been in this game how much longer than me and you can't fathom that?

E: Forget it I drank to much today, you're being willfully obtuse and should be ignored.

Because non-subscribed accounts don't have anything to do with what we were talking about. Live subs do. The point was that he was claiming because the rate supercaps were being built exceeded that of them being destroyed, that live subscriptions were still increasing in number, because everyone was using alts that never log in for supercap storage.

If those accounts are not subscribed, his argument is invalid, as subscriptions would still be down.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#422 - 2014-05-09 20:35:08 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

I know what the voter figures are this year, and it's a large enough number to make meaningful choices between a decent sized candidate pool. If only a fraction of EVE players want to make the effort and take responsibility for informing themselves sufficiently to make a meaningful vote, then tbh, I'm kind of OK with that as long as the voter pool is big enough. And I think that it is.

But let's be honest with ourselves here: most people don't vote because they simply don't care enough and so can't be bothered. Most of the shallow cynicism and hostility towards the CSM is basically a tissue-thin wrapper around this obvious turd.

I have voted each year expect this year because from what I saw the pool to choose from was well.. awful.

I believed that it did not matter who was voted in as they are all cut from the same cloth and many of the candidates are people who failed to get into previous CSM's. On top of this none of them particularly did a good job of selling themselves. .

That is not CCP fault and it is not the concept of the CSM at fault.

If not enough worth while candidates are running for CSM then you have to ask the question why?

Is it because they believe no matter how good their campaign might be, they would never be able to over come the block vote?

Is it because they do not believe that the CSM have any real power to guide CCP and if so why do they believe that?

As for not caring, why do players not care? What is it that makes the majority of players not give a rats ass about the CSM.

I have never seen anybody from CCP really try and get a handle on this.

Why have CCP never sent out a questionnaire to all subscribers asking them their thoughts on the CSM I do not know. There are things CCP could do to try and find out why the players are not interested if they really do care about the credibility of the CSM and being months late with the meeting minutes does not help.

I actually believe that CSM8 was the best CSM we have ever had and had the best chance ever to really show the player base how effective a CSM can be, however CCP once again let them down and that appears to be a recurring theme with the entire CSM concept.

Well 5 of CSM8 have been re-elected; CSM9 can't be that bad.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Cygnet Lythanea
#423 - 2014-05-09 20:37:52 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

I'm waiting on results to determine if they're good or bad.

My main concern is hte increasing numbers of negative indicators of eve's health as an MMO though. It's not to 'Eve Is Dying' yet, but we're starting to see actual non-positive signs.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#424 - 2014-05-09 20:52:35 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:

My main concern is hte increasing numbers of negative indicators of eve's health as an MMO though. It's not to 'Eve Is Dying' yet, but we're starting to see actual non-positive signs.

Were you checking the entrails of slaughtered chickens for signs of EVE dying, or did you have any actual data to share with us?

Note: the plural of "anecdote" is not "data".

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#425 - 2014-05-09 20:53:36 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

I have some thoughts on this but I'm not going to waste them on page 22 of a thread that's devolved into a **** measuring contest on supercap administration process.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#426 - 2014-05-09 21:10:55 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Want to improve player-csm involvement? Remove the voluntary DOX requirement and you'll instantly diversify the selection of candidates. More candidate diversity --> better chance of finding an acceptable non-bloc candidate to represent non-bloc players.

The bulk of Eve is involved in neither Sov nor WH. The bulk of the CSM are bloc candidates or WH candidates. Why the f*** would a hisec (or lowsec) guy vote for a bloc candidate or a wh dude?

Why don't more non-bloc people run? Because there are a few people in this community that take **** way too far, carrying grudges over to RL.
Marsha Mallow
#427 - 2014-05-09 21:12:44 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
I have some thoughts on this but I'm not going to waste them on page 22 of a thread that's devolved into a **** measuring contest on supercap administration process.

*David Attenborough voice*

Failing to penetrate each other, the males resort to floucing, handwaving, buttockjiggling and outright bribery
Only the mods are aroused by this display, but like true pros they resist
Apparently, the males of this species have proved typically ineffectual in dealing with random slags whose opinon is irrelevant
And have resorted to rubbing each other under tall trees, whilst gazing lustfully across the savanna
At miners, and pitiful badpoasters

/wins

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#428 - 2014-05-09 21:14:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
I regret ever starting this thread, it appears to have attracted every shitposter within 30LY.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Cygnet Lythanea
#429 - 2014-05-09 21:38:53 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

Were you checking the entrails of slaughtered chickens for signs of EVE dying, or did you have any actual data to share with us?

Note: the plural of "anecdote" is not "data".

Who do you Voodoo ****?

Reduction in average concurrency plus an increase in the average 'age' of the voting accounts in the CSM plus fewer people voting at all.

Individually, other than concurrency, they're nothing to get excited about, but taken as a larger picture it's a bit more troubling. I'm gonna hold off until CCPs six month financials in June before I start selling 'Dinsdale Was Right' tshirts, but it does seem to be indicating that subs overall have decreased.
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#430 - 2014-05-09 21:45:21 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:

Can you post them somewhere else then...? Kinda curious :)
Cygnet Lythanea
#431 - 2014-05-09 21:47:59 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Can you post them somewhere else then...? Kinda curious :)

I have to admit I am too.
Kethry Avenger
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#432 - 2014-05-09 22:56:38 UTC
So with the assumption that the same percentage of subscribed accounts voted as last year. Tranquility only has 257,997 subscribers vs 409,759 last year.

Though considering the abysmal promoting that happened for the election, and that no new means of voter education were promoted by CCP this year, that is probably a wrong assumption. But I'm sure subscriptions are down otherwise they would have given us the numbers to figure it out.

CCP could of course clear this up by telling us what percentage of the subscribers voted.

If the percentage is the same then EVE is dying but the same percentage is engaged with the CSM.

If the percentage is lower EVE is not growing but just people aren't bothering with the CSM.

If the percentage is higher, the server is being shut down the day Valkyrie goes live.

Congratulations to the winners.

If you didn't vote, feel free to say why you didn't so CCP can make changes, but don't bother bitchen to the CSM if they do stuff you don't like. I find it funny that people have time to post multiple times about why they didn't or won't vote but can't find time to find 1-14 candidates they want to vote for.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#433 - 2014-05-09 23:34:24 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Want to improve player-csm involvement? Remove the voluntary DOX requirement and you'll instantly diversify the selection of candidates. More candidate diversity --> better chance of finding an acceptable non-bloc candidate to represent non-bloc players.

The bulk of Eve is involved in neither Sov nor WH. The bulk of the CSM are bloc candidates or WH candidates. Why the f*** would a hisec (or lowsec) guy vote for a bloc candidate or a wh dude?

Why don't more non-bloc people run? Because there are a few people in this community that take **** way too far, carrying grudges over to RL.

Removing the voluntary DOX also increases safety for the CSM members too I know a certain chairman used to receive voluminous amounts of death threats from dumb pubbies during his CSM tenure.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#434 - 2014-05-09 23:35:33 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Is it such a hard to thing to understand that an unsubscribed holding account would be in possession of a supercap? You've been in this game how much longer than me and you can't fathom that?

E: Forget it I drank to much today, you're being willfully obtuse and should be ignored.

Because non-subscribed accounts don't have anything to do with what we were talking about. Live subs do. The point was that he was claiming because the rate supercaps were being built exceeded that of them being destroyed, that live subscriptions were still increasing in number, because everyone was using alts that never log in for supercap storage.

If those accounts are not subscribed, his argument is invalid, as subscriptions would still be down.

Yep please reiterate how you have no understanding of how the game works. We need a few more data points so we can show significance.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#435 - 2014-05-09 23:44:46 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
I regret ever starting this thread, it appears to have attracted every shitposter within 30LY.

What's a light year? Twisted

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#436 - 2014-05-09 23:54:24 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
The opposite of a heavy one obviously.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Cygnet Lythanea
#437 - 2014-05-09 23:54:25 UTC
Ok, I put La Nertz on ignore. Let me know when he sobers up.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#438 - 2014-05-09 23:56:40 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
The opposite of a heavy one obviously.

I choked. Well done old boy.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Marsha Mallow
#439 - 2014-05-10 00:07:39 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:

No

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#440 - 2014-05-10 00:49:10 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:

So you admit he was right.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise