These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is trolling miners becoming less cool?

Author
Josef Djugashvilis
#41 - 2014-05-09 14:28:21 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
Like everything in Eve... it ebb and flows. People get bored of certain types of activities, move on to other things. It'll cycle around again to miners getting harassed again eventually as the hot topic. Besides, it still happens, just people don't make that big of a deal out of it anymore like they used to. Just give it a while... you'll see The New Order in the forums again, spouting how virtuous and wonderful they are when they realize no one is paying them much attention these days. Blink

...these days.

Did anyone apart form their alts ever pay them any heed?

This is not a signature.

Josef Djugashvilis
#42 - 2014-05-09 14:31:19 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
an npc character claiming he has a spy alt

lawl

A goon claiming they do not have NPC alts to move stuff in and out of Jita.

Lawl.

This is not a signature.

Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-05-09 14:43:12 UTC
Dr0000 Maulerant wrote:
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Tar'z wrote:
While I do not object to that in itself, I always wondered why miners got the brunt end of it while mission runners, haulers, PIers, manufacturers, and scores of other AFK income activities are largely ignored.

Principle of least resistance. Miners are sitting out in space, without any accelleration gates (missions), without being on-grid for just a few seconds a week (PI), without being docked 99% of the time (manufacturing). They get the brunt end because they are so available most of the time and cost the least effort to gank.

It's the lowest hanging fruit on the victim side,
for the lowest hanging fruit on the ganker side.

Not even slightly true, in fact if logic values were cyclical your statement would be so false as to approach truth.

Too bad you have no idea what I actually wrote.

Want me to explain it in a way even you understand it? :)

*noms chocolate*
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#44 - 2014-05-09 14:45:15 UTC
When has anything in EvE been "cool"?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Miichael Epic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2014-05-09 15:17:20 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Those fireworks were pretty rad lol
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#46 - 2014-05-09 15:22:16 UTC
Miichael Epic wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Those fireworks were pretty rad lol

True, they were mondo crucial

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#47 - 2014-05-09 15:27:37 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
I've never understood ganking miners, personally. mining ships are fit with things that aren't very lucrative when they drop and the tears are no different than anyone else's.

i get ganking mission runners in their blinged out ships, or freighters carrying too much cargo... but miners? ok.
unless miner tears cure cancer or something...

The only Substantiated tears to cure cancer are those from Chuck Norris. Too bad he NEVER cries. Big smile
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#48 - 2014-05-09 15:54:45 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
I've never understood ganking miners, personally. mining ships are fit with things that aren't very lucrative when they drop and the tears are no different than anyone else's.

i get ganking mission runners in their blinged out ships, or freighters carrying too much cargo... but miners? ok.
unless miner tears cure cancer or something...

The only Substantiated tears to cure cancer are those from Chuck Norris. Too bad he NEVER cries. Big smile

He does when Vladimir Putin punches him

Velicitia
XS Tech
#49 - 2014-05-09 15:57:12 UTC
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
Dr0000 Maulerant wrote:
(stuff)

Too bad you have no idea what I actually wrote.

Want me to explain it in a way even you understand it? :)

*noms chocolate*

Please don't -- I just got popcorn

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Tenchi Sal
White Knights of Equestria
#50 - 2014-05-09 16:26:25 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Zappity wrote:
It's just the rhetoric around it that is becoming stale.

Well, we would hope the miners would eventually adapt to do something to make content.

And to OPs question of why miners get the brunt of it whiel there are others afk out there: miners just sit in an easily warpable location and do nothing. The amount of effort in finding a miner capable of being ganked is astronomically low.

by content you mean a miner gets on his pvp ship for revenge only to find the ganker 100% safed up in a station thanks to ccps welfare protection? that kinda content?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#51 - 2014-05-09 16:30:28 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
An activity that is about the get even more profitable and easy I might add.

they were warned about wanting fitting slots on freighters.

I warned themStraight

Now they sufferTwisted
Josef Djugashvilis
#52 - 2014-05-09 16:44:23 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I warned themStraight

Now they sufferTwisted

The ego is stronk on this one.

This is not a signature.

Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#53 - 2014-05-09 16:44:27 UTC
The subject matter to which I want to add my thoughts are;

1) I only been ganked I think twice in my entire capsuleer career.

2) I have a keen eye on local, especially if it's someone that pods me, the result is getting the Kill Rights Activated for revenge.

3) The miners (including me) perform an absolutly nessasary function in industry to which we get our ships, fittings and so on

4) without miners, where would we be today.

I am going to excersise my right to call out James 315 as a primary example of a ganker. However does he not know where he gets his shiny ships so he or anyone for that matter, can go out into the belts, anomalities and just up and shoot somebody for no good reason at all?? Doesn't anybody even care at all as to where YOU even think about the hard work miners put in per day??

We had a lot of discussions on these forums about "miner tears", about gank fests that some are so bragging and boasting about, sure I'd do the same thing if I wanted too and maybe I will in nulsec one day. But, I remember all those times even on an old account, of being war decced, for a week which drove me in the ground from mining then.

The jist of the matter is this, when there comes a point and time, and when there comes irregardlessnof who, mining will change of course and industry too. The writing is on the wall.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2014-05-09 16:44:31 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
an npc character claiming he has a spy alt

lawl

A goon claiming they do not have NPC alts to move stuff in and out of Jita.

Lawl.

Where?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#55 - 2014-05-09 16:48:44 UTC
"... there are miners in this game ?"

Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

GreasyCarl Semah
A Game as Old as Empire
#56 - 2014-05-09 16:49:37 UTC
The CODE idiots and Jimmy457 (or whatever his name is) will be back from the fat camp their moms shipped them off to in a couple of months. Fatter than ever I might add.
Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#57 - 2014-05-09 16:49:55 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I warned themStraight

Now they sufferTwisted

It's always that way! lol

Almost every time the whiners ask for something,
it comes back to haunt them.

It'll never end.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#58 - 2014-05-09 16:52:07 UTC
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
The CODE idiots and Jimmy457 (or whatever his name is) will be back from the fat camp their moms shipped them off to in a couple of months. Fatter than ever I might add.

*snerk*

Did that make you feel better, Greasy?

Go on, tell us it did

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#59 - 2014-05-09 16:52:50 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

The ego is stronk on this one.

Simply stating a fact.
Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-05-09 16:53:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project's Alt
Tenchi Sal wrote:
Kristalll wrote:
Zappity wrote:
It's just the rhetoric around it that is becoming stale.

Well, we would hope the miners would eventually adapt to do something to make content.

And to OPs question of why miners get the brunt of it whiel there are others afk out there: miners just sit in an easily warpable location and do nothing. The amount of effort in finding a miner capable of being ganked is astronomically low.

by content you mean a miner gets on his pvp ship for revenge only to find the ganker 100% safed up in a station thanks to ccps welfare protection? that kinda content?

I agree.

GCC pods in highsec shouldn't be able to dock up for the whole 15min.
Would make it more fun for everyone involved,
except the no-effort crowd that should get removed anyway.

Hell, I wished there was a way to make outlaws incapable of hiding in stations until they strike,
but there's no sane way to do that without ruining the whole gamestyle.

Tbh, I wished they weren't such carebears, then there would be less issues.