These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ice Miner I & II

Author
Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#1 - 2014-05-06 23:16:41 UTC
With the Invention of the Venture and the follow up with the Prospector Maybe it is a time to go over the Smaller harvesting lasers as their is a gap. The Venture Class Frigate can hold Gas Harvesters, Miner I & II and Modulated Deep Core Miner I & II.

Ice harvesters that can fit the New Frigate class miners should be pushed into the Game to complete the round about access the Venture can give, Especially with the new Cov Ops Prospector taking cloaky roams to go after the higher end Ice would be awesome.

I am not a number Junky so I will not be throwing out how the stats should be, just the fact they should exist since all the other types already do.
Kate Blaze
True Power Capsuleers
#2 - 2014-05-06 23:17:43 UTC
How would you fit ice chunk in venture?!
Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#3 - 2014-05-06 23:19:40 UTC
Venture has a 5,000 m3 bay and Prospector has a 10,000 Bay. Thats 5 or 10 blocks
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#4 - 2014-05-06 23:22:49 UTC
I've wanted these for awhile. Big smile

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Kate Blaze
True Power Capsuleers
#5 - 2014-05-06 23:26:10 UTC
Captain StringfellowHawk wrote:
Venture has a 5,000 m3 bay and Prospector has a 10,000 Bay. Thats 5 or 10 blocks

Huh.... venture is same size as any other frigate thus I would assume it should have same ore bay size as frigates, maybe little more. 5000m3 is ridiculous, compared with size for instance of Nereus...
Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#6 - 2014-05-06 23:29:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain StringfellowHawk
Kate Blaze wrote:

Huh.... venture is same size as any other frigate thus I would assume it should have same ore bay size as frigates, maybe little more. 5000m3 is ridiculous, compared with size for instance of Nereus...

Nope. Venture is a Dedicated Mining Frigate it has a 50 m3 regular bay and a 5,000 m3 Dedicated ore bay which takes Gas or ore into it. Very efficient for ninja looting Gas sites or Mercoxit sites. Only thing the Venture can't do is Ice mine currently. The T2 Varient of the Venture coming out is the New Prospect mining Frigate which can fit Cov Ops, Can light Cov Cyno, be bridged and has a 10,000 m3 ore bay. Which could make Delving into Null and Low-sec even better for the more Expensive Ice's or as usual Gas and mercoxit.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/fortune-favors-the-bold/
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#7 - 2014-05-06 23:54:38 UTC
Kate Blaze wrote:

The venture has always had a 5km3 ore bay. It is the mining vessel created to replace the likes of the osprey and bantam as mining vessels when they re-purposed them to Tech I repping ships.

So while you won't be pulling the same volume per hour in a Venture or Prospector as you would in a skiff, you can do it more "ninja like". Then of course, you would fit one to a Miasmos making it the king of AFK ice miners. Roll But there are ways CCP can fix that such as making these miners specific to the Venture or Prospector.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#8 - 2014-05-06 23:57:21 UTC
Petrified wrote:
Kate Blaze wrote:

The venture has always had a 5km3 ore bay. It is the mining vessel created to replace the likes of the osprey and bantam as mining vessels when they re-purposed them to Tech I repping ships.

So while you won't be pulling the same volume per hour in a Venture or Prospector as you would in a skiff, you can do it more "ninja like". Then of course, you would fit one to a Miasmos making it the king of AFK ice miners. Roll But there are ways CCP can fix that such as making these miners specific to the Venture or Prospector.

Pretty sure if a miasmos was sitting afk mining, CODE. would come along and brighten its day up with a few rounds of flashy flashy stuffs.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2014-05-07 00:15:35 UTC
I would so ninja the ice belts in enemy systems in the prospect.

I think I might train blood bridge just for that
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#10 - 2014-05-07 00:25:33 UTC

Pretty sure if a miasmos was sitting afk mining, CODE. would come along and brighten its day up with a few rounds of flashy flashy stuffs.

Confirming that I support the OP's suggestion, and not for the OP's reasons..... Pirate

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Ferante Aldera
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-05-07 03:48:43 UTC
+1 I don't see the reason not to have this. Especially since now Ice belts are a rare commodity about to become even more precious.
Rayzilla Zaraki
Yin Jian Enterprises
#12 - 2014-05-08 01:05:07 UTC
I compleyely support and or endorse the product or service.

+1

Gate campers are just Carebears with anger issues.

Sigras
Conglomo
#13 - 2014-05-08 01:08:58 UTC
Petrified wrote:
Kate Blaze wrote:

More likely CCP would give the new ice frigate the ability to fit ice harvesters... they only get one cube per cycle anyway.
Captain StringfellowHawk
Forsaken Reavers
#14 - 2014-05-08 22:51:05 UTC
If they come out with a Ice Frigate... Would be nice, Drop one with a slower cycle time so it does not compete with the procurer etc. Do like 140 seconds cycle or something.
Ix Method
Doomheim
#15 - 2014-05-08 23:10:25 UTC
Was surprised it didn't have an Ice Mining bonus tbh. If they made all lowsec Ice sites the same and let these mine them it'd be another nice little yay for lowsec mining thing.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Cekle Skyscales
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-05-08 23:54:03 UTC
+1
Sigras
Conglomo
#17 - 2014-05-09 00:17:14 UTC
If they come out with a Ice Frigate... Would be nice, Drop one with a slower cycle time so it does not compete with the procurer etc. Do like 140 seconds cycle or something.

You can use the current ice harvester; the skiff/procurer get a 60% bonus to ice harvester cycle time, if the prospector gets a 20% bonus or something like that it will still mine quite a bit less than the skiff/procurer/retriever/mackinaw which all mine ice at the same rate.