These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

EVE New England! August 15-17

First post First post
Author
ExookiZ
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#1 - 2014-05-07 22:32:08 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
For the past several years, TDSIN has held a BBQ lasting a weekend at one of our corp members farms, with the size and awesomeness growing each year.

Last year, we invited some non-corpies and had a great time getting to meet some of the people we shoot at often in person and we want to further expand upon this.

This year, we would like to invite all of EVE.

So, some details!

When: The BBQ will be Aug 15-17, more or less going all weekend; it'll be starting Friday afternoon, and ending noon-ish on Sunday. Come for however much you'd like to. The main events will take place in the afternoon/evening of Saturday the 16th, so if you can only spare one day try and make it that one!

What: Primarily consisting of eating and hanging out, we are also looking into potential events this year since the size is rapidly increasing over previous years.

Where: Central New Hampshire, US. One of our corp members owns a 200-acre farm, so in the past, we start a bonfire, grills and eat/drink the night away, sometimes to live music by talented ( or non talented) people playing instruments. Exact address will be given to those who RSVP.

Other details:

The farm is somewhat far away from any larger cities, but there is a hotel nearby; no idea how large it is, but many people end up just crashing in sleeping bags/their cars. Some have brought tents in the past. The weather up here is usually plenty warm enough to camp under the stars in August.

The event takes place at the home of a corp member, so we ask that people be respectful of the location; by all means, have fun, but remember that you're at someones house.

***UPDATE****
After discussing it with the host and some of the other people helping plan the event we decided that it will be infinitely simpler to sell tickets rather than try to manage 70+ of you bringing your own food and drinks to share. So without further adieu

Tickets can be purchased here:
Event Site

Please note that as requested by the host, the exact address of the event is provided upon purchasing a ticket. Please take the extra minute to fill our the survey attached to the ticket ordering as it will be very helpful in planning the event!

Finally, I am looking for interested sponsors! We estimate 60-90 people will be in attendance and will have T shirts for the event so if you are looking to get your name out there ( or on a T shirt!) Please don't hesitate to let me know!

Sponsors!
Battleclinic!
SOMER
Shattered Crystal
ISboxer
EOH
I want Isk

Made it a stickie. ISD Ezwal.

**UPDATE** First 50 plex giveways all sold out

Event Organizer of EVE North East

Yaaar's Revenge
Lightning Squad
Snuffed Out
#2 - 2014-05-07 22:53:31 UTC
I might be able to traverse the pond to join in with this. If I can scrape the funds together

Follow me on Twitter @Yaaars_Revenge

Sir HappyPants
Caldari Innovations and Research
#3 - 2014-05-08 02:20:06 UTC
I should be able to show up for at least Saturday!
Member of the #TweetFleet   @thisurlnotfound
VeronicaKell
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-05-08 02:45:21 UTC
Got my flights all lined up!

I am currently talking to CCP Guard about having a Dev or other CCP representative come out. We have a couple CSM coming to the event already.

Can't wait to meet all you crazy EVE people at my first EVE community event!
aetherguy881
Grouchy Rediculous Ugly Man Pigs
#5 - 2014-05-08 02:46:23 UTC
Sounds interesting, I'll have to see about planning for it.
Inco Reeve
Wolf Pack Industries.
Fraternity.
#6 - 2014-05-08 02:54:53 UTC
And now, you can meet the world's worst diplomat - in person!
DJ FunkyBacon
Rabid Ninja Space Monkey Inc.
Monkeys with Guns.
#7 - 2014-05-08 03:07:35 UTC  |  Edited by: DJ FunkyBacon
I may just have to swing by for this. I probably live within a half hour of this place. :)

Radio Host, Blogger, Lowsec Resident, PvP Afficionado.

funkybacon.com - Blog

FunkyBacon on Twitter

Amandola
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-05-08 03:55:11 UTC
Rhode Islander here, I should be able to swing thru with some beer, so long as the landowner doesn't mind me pitching a tent in his backyard :D
Cap'n Schmitty
#9 - 2014-05-08 03:56:43 UTC
Damn. I'm home from school right around there, but that's right when I'm supposed to leave. If I was flying both ways I might have made it Friday, but since I'm driving this time...

Oh well. Have fun guys!
VeronicaKell
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-05-08 04:00:07 UTC
Amandola wrote:
Rhode Islander here, I should be able to swing thru with some beer, so long as the landowner doesn't mind me pitching a tent in his backyard :D

That's what we generally do!

Personally, I'm setting up an air mattress in the barn.
The 420 Jesus
The James-Younger Gang
#11 - 2014-05-08 12:21:45 UTC
sounds like a road trip to me.
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#12 - 2014-05-08 15:07:07 UTC
I'd love to go if someone passing through western NY can give me a lift. I can bring fire poi.
ExookiZ
Scary Wormhole People
#13 - 2014-05-08 15:47:21 UTC
Ill see what I can do, i have some people coming from Toronto that might be passing your way.

Stalence
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#14 - 2014-05-08 21:45:32 UTC
I live in southern New Hampshire and will definitely make an effort to attend! I'll send you a mail in game for details.

Member of #tweetfleet @stalence // Templis CALSF // YouTube Channel

boliano
Arch Angels Assault Force
#15 - 2014-05-08 22:16:45 UTC
I live north of boston and will def come drink for a bit,
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#16 - 2014-05-08 22:46:31 UTC
ExookiZ wrote:
Ill see what I can do, i have some people coming from Toronto that might be passing your way.

I don't think they'd pass directly through, but I can take a bus up to Buffalo and they could pick me up there, that's not too far out of the way.
Madden Canrende
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-05-08 23:39:07 UTC
This is awesome, i've been waiting on an EVE meetup in new hampshire

Member of #TweetFleet @Madden_Canrende

ExookiZ
Scary Wormhole People
#18 - 2014-05-08 23:41:28 UTC
those of you coming, what events would you like to see? I am trying to put together some actual events on Saturday. all suggestions welcome.

DJ FunkyBacon
Rabid Ninja Space Monkey Inc.
Monkeys with Guns.
#19 - 2014-05-09 01:48:09 UTC
ExookiZ wrote:
those of you coming, what events would you like to see? I am trying to put together some actual events on Saturday. all suggestions welcome.

Can we have an event in New Hampshire without horseshoes? Yeah, didn't think so. I also suggest cow tipping.

Radio Host, Blogger, Lowsec Resident, PvP Afficionado.

funkybacon.com - Blog

FunkyBacon on Twitter

ExookiZ
Scary Wormhole People
#20 - 2014-05-09 02:23:59 UTC
i can look into horseshoes, I dont think we have cows available though. only in meat patty form

123Next pageLast page