These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Video Monetization Policy

First post
Author
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-05-07 17:28:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
We at CCP know that our EVE Online® and DUST 514® players are some of the most creative, imaginative, and hard-working people, both in the games and on their own time. Often, we are asked if people may upload gameplay or other fan-inspired videos to YouTube or similar websites, and if they can monetize those videos by participation in the website’s ad share revenue.

We are pleased to formally announce that YES, you are welcome to upload your game-related videos so long as the videos are freely available to everyone (i.e., there is no charge, subscription, or “premium access” fee required to view them). Additionally, you may monetize your videos by way of YouTube’s “partner program”, Google’s Adsense program, or any similar advertising revenue sharing model, provided the third-party advertisements do not interfere with a viewer’s access to the video. You may not, however, use any EVE or DUST 514 videos to advertise products you are selling unless you are an authorized CCP distributor (and even then, you may only sell authorized CCP products).

If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please feel free to contact us at legal@ccpgames.com.

Link to Video Monitization Policy page.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#2 - 2014-05-07 17:34:07 UTC
Awesome news. It's finally official!

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

Yaaar's Revenge
Lightning Squad
Snuffed Out
#3 - 2014-05-07 17:35:33 UTC
Great! Just in time for my video series starting. Loving the news on this Big smile

Follow me on Twitter @Yaaars_Revenge

Nutbolt
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-05-07 17:46:13 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
You may not, however, use any EVE or DUST 514 videos to advertise products you are selling unless you are an authorized CCP distributor (and even then, you may only sell authorized CCP products).

To clarify for people, does that mean you cannot use parts of EVE Trailers in videos if you wish to make money from them?
Kaeden Dourhand
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-05-07 18:38:23 UTC
Nutbolt wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
You may not, however, use any EVE or DUST 514 videos to advertise products you are selling unless you are an authorized CCP distributor (and even then, you may only sell authorized CCP products).

To clarify for people, does that mean you cannot use parts of EVE Trailers in videos if you wish to make money from them?

your video is not a product. They mean you cannot use EVE trailers to make a video promoting your custom made EVE mousepads or something.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#6 - 2014-05-07 18:42:26 UTC
Great, thanks for that clarification.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2014-05-07 23:04:33 UTC
Nutbolt wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

The only way you could make money from using parts of our trailers is through ad-sharing programs. Not to, for example, advertise a product that you are selling like Kaeden points out above.

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2014-05-07 23:55:41 UTC
And here it is on a special page: http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/monetization-of-videos-policy/

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#9 - 2014-05-08 00:44:28 UTC
Nutbolt wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

Guard could clarify this, but I take this to mean that if your video is EVE content, it can't contain something like

"I use Brand X Graphics Card to make EVE look even more awesome - buy yours at (website here) with referral code iliketurtles and help me produce more of these videos".

And definitely not to sell EVE-related unofficial merchandise like your own 10-inch Megathron models.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2014-05-08 17:25:33 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Nutbolt wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

Guard could clarify this, but I take this to mean that if your video is EVE content, it can't contain something like

"I use Brand X Graphics Card to make EVE look even more awesome - buy yours at (website here) with referral code iliketurtles and help me produce more of these videos".

And definitely not to sell EVE-related unofficial merchandise like your own 10-inch Megathron models.

This is exactly correct. Nor can you use it to do something like "Come buy my guide to fleet commanding for only $19.99!"

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-05-08 18:54:22 UTC
CCP has considerably more respect for their own IP than anyone else's.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Hoarr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-05-08 19:25:25 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Nutbolt wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:

This is exactly correct. Nor can you use it to do something like "Come buy my guide to fleet commanding for only $19.99!"

or altErnitiVEly publISh a guidE About Solo pvp or flYing as an fc and charge a monthly subscription fee. Especially if it's a money grab by an amarr battleship, ifyousawwhatididthere.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-05-08 23:12:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar

I was gonna say, YouTube are pretty terrible with a forum post by a developer "not being enough showing permission", this is awesome and I truly thank CCP for allowing us to monetize the videos formally now.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#14 - 2014-06-10 18:53:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:

I was gonna say, YouTube are pretty terrible with a forum post by a developer "not being enough showing permission", this is awesome and I truly thank CCP for allowing us to monetize the videos formally now.

Perhaps I've been fortunate, but YouTube has never questioned the gaming content on my channel. However they are games that are well know for having a similar policy to this.
Still, it's good to have this for reference... cause you never know.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Gerald Sphinx
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-06-26 20:12:02 UTC
I have a question. Does the same apply for the audio provided by CCP on Soundcloud for download? For example: If I have some videos I want to post that are not Eve related but use the audio files that are from Eve (such as 'Nouvelle Rouvenor Hero'), are those ok?