These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM 9 Results

First post First post
Author
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#301 - 2014-05-06 18:30:01 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

You are right though nerfing highsec is the best way to combat falling subs.

I'm pretty confident that fixing POS, reworking sovereignty and making corp & alliance features work properly, along with giving power projection a savage kick in the balls, would all be more effective development targets.

Yeah, now that your stated goal (about 12 months ago) was to wreck high sec industry.
Mission accomplished, on to the next task.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#302 - 2014-05-06 18:53:42 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

I'm pretty confident that fixing POS, reworking sovereignty and making corp & alliance features work properly, along with giving power projection a savage kick in the balls, would all be more effective development targets.

Yeah, now that your stated goal (about 12 months ago) was to wreck high sec industry.

You haven't adequately ever said why this is a bad thing, by the way. You try to convince people there's people making it happen, but other than your hand-wavey allusions to RMT there's literally no reason why this isn't positive.

But, you've realised you can't keep yelling "RMT!!!" with literally no evidence because you get banned when you do, so stick to this. Just as a word of advice to your one-man near full-time crusade over how people play a video game, you might want to include a reason as to why people should care.
Or you're really just wasting your own time even more.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Dave Stark
#303 - 2014-05-06 18:55:51 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

i'm sorry, you've yet to link any evidence of high sec industry being wrecked.

evidence, it's required for you to be taken seriously.
Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#304 - 2014-05-06 19:38:30 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

i'm sorry, you've yet to link any evidence of high sec industry being wrecked.

evidence, it's required for you to be taken seriously.

Unless you're a goon, then your word is gold.

That said, to get real data, it's probably gonna take six to eight months before any real effects on the market will be noticeable, unless you're CCP.

I miss the regular updates from CCPs in house economist.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#305 - 2014-05-06 19:38:51 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

I hope the next task is to end bad posting on eve-o.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#306 - 2014-05-06 19:42:44 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Bloc vote success.

Yeah, color me disenfranchised, again. No Psychotic Monk, the road to nerfdom and stagnation of wardec mechanics in hisec will continue no doubt as a result....

Meh CSM.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#307 - 2014-05-06 19:46:22 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Unleash Kewpuh on eve-o he managed to get rid of two of the most horrible posters I've seen.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#308 - 2014-05-06 20:50:18 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

no offence but you'd be the first to go lol...

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#309 - 2014-05-06 21:21:32 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Unleash Kewpuh on eve-o he managed to get rid of two of the most horrible posters I've seen.

What will he do after he's hit delete all?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#310 - 2014-05-06 21:22:52 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

no offence but you'd be the first to go lol...

That wouldn't make WiS happen any faster.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Shadow' Broker
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#311 - 2014-05-06 23:22:05 UTC
Very nice lineup,

Congrats to all of them.

Almost looks like a copy of my voting ballot(s) ;-)
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#312 - 2014-05-06 23:25:44 UTC
Rhes wrote:

That wouldn't make WiS happen any faster.

Did anyone mention wis? Your off topic post proved my point.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Anna Shepart
Garbage and Filth Removal Industries
#313 - 2014-05-07 01:03:57 UTC
Congrats to the CSM Members !
Who knows maybe in ~ 10years I'll win a trip to Iceland...

Eve is dying..........  because [u]WE players[/u] are too stupid to create content, and instead cry for  "Mama" CCP to help !!!

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#314 - 2014-05-07 02:32:59 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

What will he do after he's hit delete all?

Probably collapse from exhaustion because I bet the eve-o forums don't support that option.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Enaris Kerle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#315 - 2014-05-07 10:23:08 UTC
Angeleh wrote:
I personally am very curious to see the voting numbers, and would like to know if they have managed to even get 10% of their players voting this year.

Angeleh wrote:
Of course the more players that don't like having the game destroyed by CSM that quits, the higher the voting % gets.

right, so a lower percentage of people voting means that people are indifferent to the CSM
and a higher percentage of people voting means that the CSM was successful in driving people out of the game
sounds reasonable

Gallente born and raised, and tutored as a pleasure slave and courtesan to the exotic tastes of the Amarri court. Jade's career veered violently off course when a diplomatic envoy's transport was blown to pieces in mysterious circumstances and she was rescued from the escape pods by the enigmatic genetic mastermind Athule Snanm.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#316 - 2014-05-07 13:11:23 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

My stated goal was to make 0.0 (and W-space and lo-sec) industry viable.

If you think that having less than 99% of non-supercap production is "wrecking" hi-sec industry then yeah that was my goal. I'd like to see people who want to live in 0.0 doing industry in 0.0 rather than being FORCED!!!!!!! to operate in hi-sec as at present

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#317 - 2014-05-07 13:17:40 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

If you think that having less than 99% of non-supercap production is "wrecking" hi-sec industry then yeah that was my goal.

And you know exactly what he thinks. He is the poster boy for high sec greed, partisanship and privilege.

Quote:

I'd like to see people who want to live in 0.0 doing industry in 0.0 rather than being FORCED!!!!!!! to operate in hi-sec as at present

That's the part that sticks in my craw (whatever a craw is lol). It is (according to their type) the most horrible thing in the world for ccp or anyone to 'force' them out of high sec because of, you know, playstyles or whatever. But it's totally ok for the situation in which others are CHAINED to high sec to continue.

He asks why CCP is trying to destroy high sec. I'm asking why they haven't done it yet.......
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#318 - 2014-05-07 13:21:22 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
My stated goal was to make 0.0 (and W-space and lo-sec) industry viable.

If you think that having less than 99% of non-supercap production is "wrecking" hi-sec industry then yeah that was my goal. I'd like to see people who want to live in 0.0 doing industry in 0.0 rather than being FORCED!!!!!!! to operate in hi-sec as at present
Come now Malcanis, if it doesn't directly benefit one party it's a conspiracy by the other Roll

This is GD, common sense has no place here, the tinfoil is too stronk!! P

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#319 - 2014-05-07 14:46:09 UTC
Angeleh wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I mean it. Highsec has monopolized the industrial landscape for too long. Other parts of space should get to have a piece of the pie.

The materials are hard to to impossible to get in hi sec, all other secs have a better opportunity to manufacture if they so desire.

But maybe there is a difference on mindset between the people that prefer hi sec and those that prefer null that is the cause of this and not the materials? Now if this is the case you will possible just make people quit the game and not increase the amount of people that manufacture in low / null by hurting hi sec.

Yeah, man, those poor hi-seccers who have to go to 0.0 to get skillbooks, datacores, access to the big market hubs where the regionally produced moon minerals are traded and of course local access to the high bulk minerals.

You know, you're right. I squeezed one last trip out of my CSM Time Machine and went back and had CCP add all those things to hi-sec and take them away from 0.0.

We good now?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#320 - 2014-05-08 14:25:51 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Angeleh wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I mean it. Highsec has monopolized the industrial landscape for too long. Other parts of space should get to have a piece of the pie.

The materials are hard to to impossible to get in hi sec, all other secs have a better opportunity to manufacture if they so desire.

But maybe there is a difference on mindset between the people that prefer hi sec and those that prefer null that is the cause of this and not the materials? Now if this is the case you will possible just make people quit the game and not increase the amount of people that manufacture in low / null by hurting hi sec.

Yeah, man, those poor hi-seccers who have to go to 0.0 to get skillbooks, datacores, access to the big market hubs where the regionally produced moon minerals are traded and of course local access to the high bulk minerals.

You know, you're right. I squeezed one last trip out of my CSM Time Machine and went back and had CCP add all those things to hi-sec and take them away from 0.0.

We good now?

Yeah, you are good.

Are you seriously suggesting that all these changes are fair because null sec players have to come to high sec for skillbooks? (BTW, biggest supply of datacores is not high sec)

One of the dev's can't remember which one, promised months ago that no one zone would ever be able to be independent of the rest, economically and resource wise. The architects of this mess turned that into a complete lie.

There is nothing, NOTHING, that null sec cannot now produce more efficiently than high sec. The cartels are already planning on controlling the most lucrative products (one of the goonswarm guys posted that fact, day 2, citing jump freighters as an example), and there is absolutely nothing high sec can do about it, except watch the vast majority of its industrial profits be diverted to the cartels.