These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM 9 Results

First post First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#281 - 2014-05-06 14:56:16 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

You are right though nerfing highsec is the best way to combat falling subs.

I'm pretty confident that fixing POS, reworking sovereignty and making corp & alliance features work properly, along with giving power projection a savage kick in the balls, would all be more effective development targets.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#282 - 2014-05-06 14:58:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Malcanis wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
I must admit, I am starting to wonder if the transparent elections that have always been a there are a thing of the past.

Given the STV voting system they really need to remain transparent.

But then we have not actually even gotten confirmation as to the successful candidates on these forums by CCP.

Nobody actually voted. CCP just picked the 14 people they wanted.

IMHO that's actually what they should be doing.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#283 - 2014-05-06 15:05:32 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

I'm pretty confident that fixing POS, reworking sovereignty and making corp & alliance features work properly, along with giving power projection a savage kick in the balls, would all be more effective development targets.

While true, the tongue in cheek point is about those folk who believe that anything not overtly benefiting highsec amounts to nerfing it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Dave stark
#284 - 2014-05-06 15:17:28 UTC
as it stands, high sec doesn't really need many changes at all. it's a pretty good baseline to use as the measuring stick to ensuring that other areas of space are working correctly in terms of getting out what you put in.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#285 - 2014-05-06 15:17:35 UTC
Why am I not surprised this thread ended up in poo slingning and various agenda, good or not, being pushed.

Oh yeah, it's GD...
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#286 - 2014-05-06 15:18:11 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

While true, the tongue in cheek point is about those folk who believe that anything not overtly benefiting highsec amounts to nerfing it.

I would love to see CCP do a data dump of total industrial activity from 3rd quarter 2013 and 1st quarter 2014, for all areas.
Then do the data dump for total industrial activity from the same period for 2014 / 2015.

Then if they had the guts, they would also release size of the sub base for the same timeframe.

Because this immense buff to null sec industry is coming at the expense of high sec, and likely low sec.
Dave stark
#287 - 2014-05-06 15:19:56 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Because this immense buff to null sec industry is coming at the expense of high sec, and likely low sec.

quote the sections of the devblog that demonstrates high sec industry receiving negative treatment. for the sake of completeness.
Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#288 - 2014-05-06 15:30:14 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

I would love to see CCP do a data dump of total industrial activity from 3rd quarter 2013 and 1st quarter 2014, for all areas.
Then do the data dump for total industrial activity from the same period for 2014 / 2015.

Then if they had the guts, they would also release size of the sub base for the same timeframe.

There was a thread not too long ago,
with a similar pointless "conversation".

I even digged up an official graph by CCP.

Highsec produces most stuff, Null barely anything in comparsion.

Changing that is a necessity.
Angeleh
Silverflames
#289 - 2014-05-06 15:31:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Angeleh
CCP should start use the money the Eve players pay them for Devs that work on Eve instead of leaving it to a tiny minority of the playerbase to ruin the game for the majority of the players in order to enhance the minority's personal goals in the game.

I personally am very curious to see the voting numbers, and would like to know if they have managed to even get 10% of their players voting this year. But these numbers will probably be hidden like in the official announcement last year (and CCP has stopped informing the public about the amount of players they have, so we can't go find them elsewhere ourselves anymore).

Of course the more players that don't like having the game destroyed by CSM that quits, the higher the voting % gets. So would also be interesting to know how many people have voted that didn't vote last year.

CCP continues to not really do anything to inform people playing the game and not the forums about the CSM, however friends new to Eve got an ingame e-mail explaining how to vote from the old CSM, nice move from the CSM.

And don't say I should just go find my ideal representative to run for CSM and vote for them. My ideal representative is skilled enough that they are paid to make games, and would never care to have to sit and fight the rest of the CSM in order to keep a game they pay to play playable.

*EDIT* Deleted a "play"
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#290 - 2014-05-06 15:33:41 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Good.

I mean it. Highsec has monopolized the industrial landscape for too long. Other parts of space should get to have a piece of the pie.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Angeleh
Silverflames
#291 - 2014-05-06 15:42:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I mean it. Highsec has monopolized the industrial landscape for too long. Other parts of space should get to have a piece of the pie.

The materials are hard to to impossible to get in hi sec, all other secs have a better opportunity to manufacture if they so desire.

But maybe there is a difference on mindset between the people that prefer hi sec and those that prefer null that is the cause of this and not the materials? Now if this is the case you will possible just make people quit the game and not increase the amount of people that manufacture in low / null by hurting hi sec.
Frying Doom
#292 - 2014-05-06 15:44:15 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
I must admit, I am starting to wonder if the transparent elections that have always been a there are a thing of the past.

Given the STV voting system they really need to remain transparent.

But then we have not actually even gotten confirmation as to the successful candidates on these forums by CCP.

Nobody actually voted. CCP just picked the 14 people they wanted.

Please go about your business in an orderly fashion. You are being watched at all times for your own safety. Subversive activity will not be tolerated.

I will probably be agreeing with you if the voting statistics are not posted by Friday.

After all an election without transparency is not an election.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#293 - 2014-05-06 16:00:32 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

You have fundamentally misunderstood the industry revamp.

Angeleh wrote:
The materials are hard to to impossible to get in hi sec, all other secs have a better opportunity to manufacture if they so desire.
No, they do not. That's the whole problem. Highsec has always offered the better opportunity to manufacture everything that doesn't require a seclevel-limited pipeline. The industry revamp doesn't actually change this — it just makes it a slightly better deal for those that can make use of the opportunities outside of highsec.
Higgs Foton
Mission And Mining Inc
#294 - 2014-05-06 16:08:33 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Don't know if that will be the case, but i always found it a bit odd industry was primarily done in high sec, and was not profitable enough in null sec. The fact that stuff needed for the null sec empires would have been manufactured in high sec is not how it should be. A null sec empire should be capable of mining and manufacturing all they need in their own space. One thing i find odd for instance is that i only can get the R.A.M. tech stuff needed for making T2 rigs in high sec for some odd reason. There is nothing of that stuff available in Deklein, which is a region which is on par with most of high sec because of the relatively dense population of the most holy Goonswarm Federation. VFK has a very good market on par with most high sec hubs.

Maybe i do not get how this works, but it would surely help if all industry stuff would be manufaturable or available in null sec. And my dear friend Dinsdale: If you complain so much about this, why don't you join a null sec corps and get your industry rolling there? Its not hard to get in such an alliance. The 3 days submerged in butter are a bit steep, i admit, but after that there is only PROFIT. :D
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#295 - 2014-05-06 16:09:36 UTC
Angeleh wrote:

But maybe there is a difference on mindset between the people that prefer hi sec and those that prefer null that is the cause of this and not the materials? Now if this is the case you will possible just make people quit the game and not increase the amount of people that manufacture in low / null by hurting hi sec.

Game balance is not dictated by people who are stomping their feet and saying that if they don't get to keep the absurd, overwhelming advantage they've had for ten years then they'll quit.

Those people can go jump in a lake.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Pubbie Spy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#296 - 2014-05-06 16:16:01 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Please explain why anything of what you said is a problem?
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#297 - 2014-05-06 16:33:45 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Andski wrote:

People want mission running to be about shooting triggers, ignoring everything else and collecting a reward as quickly as possible because isk/hr

Anything that requires them to be "engaged" and "playing the game" is antithetical to the goal of increasing their cashouts

Please don't confuse mission farmers who are a tiny minority with casual players, most of whom also like the idea of low & null but do not have the time to invest that most null corps & alliances demand of their player base, so play in high sec.

You can be a casual player and go to null sec. Many of us fit the description of a casual player.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#298 - 2014-05-06 16:36:15 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Andski wrote:

People want mission running to be about shooting triggers, ignoring everything else and collecting a reward as quickly as possible because isk/hr

Anything that requires them to be "engaged" and "playing the game" is antithetical to the goal of increasing their cashouts

Please don't confuse mission farmers who are a tiny minority with casual players, most of whom also like the idea of low & null but do not have the time to invest that most null corps & alliances demand of their player base, so play in high sec.

You can be a casual player and go to null sec. Many of us fit the description of a casual player.

It works in low too.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#299 - 2014-05-06 17:03:06 UTC
Nope, I live in lowsec and I am logged in 23.5/7 otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.

Oh how I miss my careless times in hisec. I could log in, update skill queue an log out. Now it is impossible, my casual gameplay died the moment I made that one jump...

Invalid signature format

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#300 - 2014-05-06 17:43:27 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Yep all of that right next to nerfing highsec and you have an amazingly good way to combat falling subs. Also you forgot removing supercaps on that list.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133