These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Mystery code from the CE box.. Are we actually getting anything?

Author
Annah Gerber
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-05-06 11:19:43 UTC
It has now been 6 months since the release of the CE box, with the promise of a mystery code and new items to come, it looked promising, and yet, here we are, 6 months later and while you have been releasing a bunch of skins for people going to the fanfest among other things, I have yet to receive anything, which makes me bitter.

Not only were I overcharged because I was paying in euro so I payed almost twice as much as I woulda if I payed for it with dollars, but we haven't really gotten anything new from it since, and the phrasing "More Mystery Code content will be announced soon!" and we still didn't get anything new for it.

Ontop of that, the wording "A CCP “Mystery Code” that will grant owners special benefits related to future CCP products and events including" Which would imply that we are going to get special items if we were to go to fanfest or even events in game.

SUCH AS the 11th birthday of eve, and yet we get nothing special. So CCP are we actually going to get anything now that we own this code or is it just going to be one of those things you promise and never keep?.

Dave Stark
#2 - 2014-05-06 11:21:36 UTC
the rorqual skin?
Annah Gerber
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-05-06 11:40:43 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
the rorqual skin?
Are we actually going to get it then? I heard people only assumed we were going to get it.
Dave Stark
#4 - 2014-05-06 11:41:39 UTC
Annah Gerber wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
the rorqual skin?
Are we actually going to get it then? I heard people only assumed we were going to get it.

unless i misunderstood them at fanfest, they said all the mystery code holders would be getting it.
Klingon Admiral
Carcinisation
#5 - 2014-05-06 11:44:37 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Annah Gerber wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
the rorqual skin?

unless i misunderstood them at fanfest, they said all the mystery code holders would be getting it.

I didn't receive one, already petitioned.
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#6 - 2014-05-06 11:44:58 UTC
Annah Gerber wrote:
It has now been 6 months since the release of the CE box, with the promise of a mystery code and new items to come.

There is that word again....'promise'.

When CCP says 'promise', a whole crapload of flags and warning lights should go off in your head, as well as warning bells, whistles, sirens and a game show studio audience screaming "NO!!....Don't do it!!!"

Consider this a lesson learned.

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Ryan Paladin
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#7 - 2014-05-06 11:57:27 UTC
Indeed were we not supposed to get it today? I received the original bonuses but not Rorqual skin. Admittedly for me it's probably just something to sell to some industry pals since mining isn't my thing but still I would definitely like to have it.

I always knew the promise of future benefits was dubious at best but when they announced a specific thing on a specific date I expected them to follow through.
Lady Aesir
Ghost Recon Inc
#8 - 2014-05-06 11:58:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Aesir
Getting a rorqual skin BPC if you already have one fitted is actually not a perk of having the CE.

Its a punishment!!! as you will have to either destroy your rigs or try to sell your rorqual and buy a new unrigged one before you can use the Skin BPC.

So thanks for nothing CCP
Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#9 - 2014-05-06 12:00:44 UTC
so those with mystery code are supposed to get a rorqual skin?
Athanor Ruthoern
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-05-06 12:06:00 UTC
Well us going to fanfest did not get ingame T-shirt and blueprint. We did however get the chance of getting special ships given as code for reward for playing 5vs5 battles and such.
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#11 - 2014-05-06 12:07:13 UTC
Its a Mystery.

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-05-06 12:08:49 UTC
I loved the reaction of the audience to the mystery code.

At first you got like a ship and even a PLEX. Super awesome.

This year you're getting... a Rorq skin. The disappointment in the crowd was... palpable. Lol

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#13 - 2014-05-06 12:11:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
Dave Stark wrote:
the rorqual skin?

At the keynote, this was said that we get a skin I believe. Confirming that I have checked and so far nothing. Maybe they just havent got around to it yet.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2014-05-06 12:20:10 UTC
We will probably get it when the Kronos Expansion is released, not before.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Ryan Paladin
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#15 - 2014-05-06 12:29:46 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
We will probably get it when the Kronos Expansion is released, not before.

They stated we were getting for Eve's birthday in the same way we got geckos. That being said provided we get it eventually I'm not overly concerned.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-05-06 12:30:24 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
This year you're getting... a Rorq skin. The disappointment in the crowd was... palpable. Lol

It's an investment. If you invest the money required to build a Rorqual you'll make money when it sells, or you can keep it I guess.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#17 - 2014-05-06 12:39:16 UTC
Won't we receive an email when it's being delivered.

My understanding of the mystery code is all holders of one will receive an email when there is something to be given out.

Since we haven't received an email yet, I just assume it wasn't to do with EvE B'Day, but more to do with summer expansion.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-05-06 13:40:14 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

My understanding of the mystery code is all holders of one will receive an email when there is something to be given out.

Since we haven't received an email yet, I just assume it wasn't to do with EvE B'Day, but more to do with summer expansion.

they are prolly going to end up holding it off until the rorqual rebalance where it becomes the ship required to construct stargates/supergates.

because as it is right now, the value of a rorqual will plummet with the summer expac
Ryan Paladin
Reckless-Endangerment
Manifesto.
#19 - 2014-05-06 13:55:12 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

they are prolly going to end up holding it off until the rorqual rebalance where it becomes the ship required to construct stargates/supergates.

because as it is right now, the value of a rorqual will plummet with the summer expac

Meh. I wish we got something more fun anyways. A cosmetic touch to an industrial super means isk which I can translate into fun but something directly shiny I could ride into battle and have die in an inefficient blaze of glory.
Aramil Neogi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-05-06 13:55:51 UTC
Athanor Ruthoern wrote:
Well us going to fanfest did not get ingame T-shirt and blueprint. We did however get the chance of getting special ships given as code for reward for playing 5vs5 battles and such.

Check the account you used to get the Fanfest tickets. You should have a little icon saying you have a notification. It's for you to choose the BPC and shirts.
12Next page