These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Feedback request on Contract system

First post First post
Author
Bruce Bayne
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#241 - 2014-05-05 21:34:21 UTC
here is an idea i wrote a long while ago: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2652958

basically: make jumpclones courier contractable.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#242 - 2014-05-06 07:21:26 UTC
I just noticed this behavior again and this should really be changed.

Currently, every page in the Available contracts window seems to be a separate search, which results in that you have the best contract (eg. on page 1 the best reward of 200M) on top and the worst at the bottom, on page 2 you have the same (another 150M on top and the worst 500k at the bottom), on page 3 the same (a 100M on top, 500k at the bottom). This is all the more obvious when you search for contracts (Courier contracts in particular) across the entire universe.

This is highly confusing and absolutely unintuitive. Instead of this page split, the best contracts should be on the first pages and the worse somewhere at the end. I can understand that his results in low payment contracts never being seen in this particular search setting, but honestly, a Courier for 10k/jump should incinerate and burn to ashes by itself.

--

Another thing that I also recently noticed concerns more filter and route settings, which also has been mentioned before.

Basically, for courier contracts I would like to be able to set parameters to search CCs going from a particular security level to another.

For instance: I want to do some Low sec to High sec/High sec to Low sec runs. Currently I don't have any feasible way to search for this particular travel setting. I can only search for CCs in Low sec and High sec, which results in a massive list of contracts and the above mentioned problem.

But I would appreciate if I could tick some boxes to only search contracts that originate in Low or High sec and go to High or Low sec.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#243 - 2014-05-06 09:12:35 UTC
At first review the "base price". This option do not calculate the price for all the items in the contract.

Then, all the infomations should be on the same window:

At first on the top who is the target of the contract.

Then you choose the Type of contract, (with color Tag and special Icon for each type), and the rest of the window is morhping to have the good views.

If it is a courrier you must choose the station and pickup the items, the price and the volume of the selected items is calculated.
Under this you choose the reward, the collateral, and the time to complete.

If it is a Item Exchange you have list of the item you sell in a green box or the money you would pay in a green box.
Then you have a list of th item you want to buy or the money you want to have in a red box.
The base price for the items is always shown.

If it is an auction it is the same than an item exchange with a buy out

When you click "OK", htere is a recapitlation and you have to click "ok" again.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#244 - 2014-05-06 09:15:59 UTC
We could think about "destruction contracts" also.
You point one or more structures, and you place a contract on the destruction of these.
If a fleet destroy the structure they gain the price.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#245 - 2014-05-06 09:33:37 UTC
Allow for contraband items to be placed in Exchange contracts, and possibly ( with a warning added 'youre about to accept a contract that contains contraband' ) for courier contracts.

This way, Booster manufacturers, drug runners and clients will be able to more efficiently trade product between them without having to resort to selling on the market or using direct trade for the exchanges.

Courier contracts with contraband would also allow for drug couriers to be actually useful without having to use clunky methods to get the job done.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Wilhelm Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2014-05-06 12:10:19 UTC
I'll keep it short and consise.

A quick survey in Jita and Sinq Laison reveals that the majority of public contracts are used for blueprints and fitted ships (not counting courier contracts). Therefore these two use cases are in my opinion the most important to improve.

Improvements to the search contract window:

1. Make the order and visibility of columns configurable (like in the overview)
  2. Add more columns like ME, TE, contract name, estimated value, corp/alliance fitting, etc.
  3. Resolve [Multiple Items] (pick the most common variable / or the ship that is fitted)
  4. Display fitted ships as corp of alliance fitting when they match (different color and column with name of the fitting)
  5. Ability to make custom columns with regular expressions (I know this is never going to happen, but one may hope)

Improvements to the contract window itself:

1. Display fitted ships in a fitting markup (like the new fitting windows)
  2. When the same fitted ship (or container with items) is multiple times in the contract, display this with a numerator (i. e. 3x, 5x, ...)

In bigger corps and alliances contracts see the most use as distibution of doctrine fitted ships. Therefore special attention to showing corp or alliance fittings would be highly appreciated, as well as a way to template these contracts.

tl;dr: the user should be able to easily evaluate a contract without having to open it.
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#247 - 2014-05-07 03:29:22 UTC  |  Edited by: TheSmokingHertog
Be able to set the placement destination on acceptance of an exchange contract to a container on accept button.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#248 - 2014-05-08 09:49:43 UTC
I would like to have an Option "Current Empire" in addition to "Current Station/System/Region". With this option you could search for contracts located in a specific empire's regions. For instance, I am in Domain and want to see all contracts in regions controlled by the Amarr Empire, or I am in Immensea and want to see all contracts in the sovereignty space of Nulli Secunda.

Might not be as useful in 00 Sec, as Sov changes sort of regularly and NPC 00 sec is limited to 1 region anyways; however, since I do not overly care about these regions in space, for High sec it would be a great help.

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Zhu Khan
Khanid Arbitrage Incorporated
#249 - 2014-05-08 19:13:33 UTC
Quote:
So currently, if you want to make a courier contract on behalf of your corporation starting from a station where you *don't* have an office, you are unable to do so unless the items are in deliveries. To get it into deliveries, you have to item exchange contract the items to yourself, then accept for corp. This is really annoying. You should be able to courier contract something from your personal hangar on behalf of corp if you don't have an office.

I think my issue here is that contracts are handled differently than regular market activity for some reason. If you have to have a Corp Office in order to create Corp Item or Courier Contracts (or have the item in Deliveries), it seems like market sales should also have the same requirement.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a system where the only way to sell items on the Market and/or create Corp Item/Courier Contracts from a certain station is if you had an office there and/or the items were located in Deliveries. Seems like it would simultaneously boost the importance of corp offices as well as giving a boost to the Courier Contract market.

Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#250 - 2014-05-08 19:22:52 UTC
Directly related to revamping the contract system is replacing or removing the obsolete button for assigning base price value to a contract. I have made a thread on the subject, as I am unaware if base price is used anywhere else in the game, especially the internals.
Belinda HwaFang
Cryptologix Inc.
#251 - 2014-05-09 09:47:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Belinda HwaFang
I don't know how high priority it is for you to keep the contracts description as first seen in the headline obscure and customizable in order to aid scammers, but personally I just need to be able to see at a glance what is actually in a contract without clicking on each one.

A mouse over contextual view that allows me to quickly identify the HAM fit Caracal contract among , say 10 other rapid light
missile fit ones.

The reality is that I want to see quickly what is in a contract, And only then double click to check that everything is in order.

Relating to BPCs I want to be able to search by the new Material Level stat and not have to open each one.

Thanks,

Fang
Noroswen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#252 - 2014-05-09 11:16:41 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Hello Capsuleers. We're looking into what small improvements we can make to the contract system to make it more useful and trustworthy. We would love to hear any feedback from you guys on this. We're most interested in suggestions for UI/usability improvements and comments on pain points you encounter in using the system. The more constructive the feedback is the better; 'Get rid of the scammers' is for example not particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How about an ability to loan money, with some sort of penalty clause if it is not paid back (Like collateral but at the end)
SpaceSaft
Almost Dangerous
Wolves Amongst Strangers
#253 - 2014-05-09 11:26:51 UTC
Something I have not seen yet in this thread, a variation on this experts suggestion:

It's not really a little or UI thing but it's the kind of contract Eve needs and deserves.

Ari Kes wrote:
Hello CCP,

Kind greetings from Red Frog Freight! Thanks a lot for looking into the contracts system and possible future contracting update!

• Important Quality-of-life changes:

• ability to set up rules for private Courier Contracts that are posted to the Corporation - ie. Contracts with specific collateral / size will get auto-rejected.

^ This is the way it seems best for the player or corporation servicing, but what Eve actually needs is a system that makes it easier to show/create the demand for the service.

What I mean by this:

Right now the burden of issueing transport contracts is on the side of the issuer, not on the side of the service provider. If the conract isn't up the already by the servicing party defined conditions, it gets rejected.

The end goal should be that the servicing party issues a public contract template that players fill out according to the terms set up by the servicing party.

For example

[Corp] offers courier contract

From [anywhere] to [anywhere]

Path may lead through [High/low/null]

Issuer must be [standing] to [Corp]

With
    [ max volume ]
    [ max colateral ]
    [ min reward ]
    [ min reward per jump ]

[Button - use these terms to set up a contract with [corp] ]

---------------

Obviously these should be issued by a corp and / or alliance and automatically refresh / stay available, maybe with the condition that not more than [ Number ] contracts of this type should be outstanding to [ corp ], so it doesn't get flooded.

Thanks for reading!
    Dxella
    Black Rabbits
    Black Rabbit.
    #254 - 2014-05-10 11:43:14 UTC
    Can we remove this '' illigal goods '' contract block when we are contracting stuff in low sec and 0.0?
    atleast for item Exchange contracts, and esp for 0.0 were there is no Security?

Contracts is a Security i know, but its also a way to transfer stuff remotly, so why would it block that in 0.0?
    Kel Dario
    The Royal Griffin Inc.
    #255 - 2014-05-10 15:30:05 UTC
    I have not read the thread from the start so apologies if this idea been mentioned already,

anyway, here's my 2 cent: Reverse Auction.

Let us auction items that will drop in price with a set interval.
    Rivr Luzade
    Coreli Corporation
    Pandemic Legion
    #256 - 2014-05-10 16:23:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
    Can we please get the ability to enter number values smaller than 1 million for Price (Buy & Sell) and Reward and Collateral (Courier) in the contract filters?

It is commendable that CCP wants to force people this way to give proper payment for contracts, the player base vehemently stems itself against that force.

Also, in the same regard, I would like to have a filter option where I can limit the contract search to a specific amount of ISK per jump. Here the ability to enter numbers smaller than 1M is especially important because even more players don't want to pay properly. While I very much like to only do CCs with 1M reward/jump, the reality forces me to also accept those with lower payment to get a living from it.

Jakob Anedalle
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #257 - 2014-05-10 21:18:41 UTC
    Simple one that may be back there in the previous 13 pages I'm sure.
    Since I hear CCP uses Agile techniques:

As a alt character I wish to ship goods via a third-party courier to a remote destination to be delivered to a main character, so that the high-sec dwelling alt can deliver ships/fittings/etc to the combat oriented pirate (yar!). Preferably without the third-party being able to identify the recipient character to preserve privacy.

As far as I know this is not possible in the current system.

Trying out all the things to do here in Eve - it's quite a checklist. So I made a blog Jakob's Eve Checklist

IcyMidnight
    Nobody in Local
    Deepwater Hooligans
    #258 - 2014-05-11 01:30:40 UTC  |  Edited by: IcyMidnight

1. Ship courier contracts for carriers and orcas. Carriers and orcas can carry ships, unless they're in a courier contract. That's really annoying.

2. Allow accepting contracts for corp that you created.

3. Have the assets refresh once a contract is made or accepted (even for corp) so that I don't need to trigger a session change to see what's up.

4. Allow drag and drop of contract items locally, like the trade interface. Unlike the trade interface, allow items to be removed from the drop area.

5. Allow at least one extra level of containers in contracts. Sub-contracting contracts is commonplace and containers always cause headaches for haulers.
    DetKhord Saisio
    Seniors Clan
    #259 - 2014-05-11 21:02:35 UTC

1. Wormhole access to either market or contracts
    2. Contracts creation options to eject container inventory remotely, repair all items in containers remotely, and repackaging remotely.
    3. --Additional options to split the stack (ejecting) and if your standings locked you out from station services, you can still repair/repackage remotely (by paying a small tax).
    4. Illegal items contracts to allow hiring someone to move drugs, slaves, etc., even from within containers remotely.
    Salpad
    Carebears with Attitude
    #260 - 2014-05-12 06:51:07 UTC
    I'd like to be able to clone contracts I've already made, both recent still-active contracts, and old ones from months or years ago.

Simply right-click on a contract, then select a new "clone" or "copy" entry from the menu, and then I start creating a new contract with as many fields as possible already filled out, with the same data as the old contract, but of course me being able to modify everything that I want to modify.