These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Killing freighters in high sec

First post
Author
Pcr
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-05-05 21:01:21 UTC
High sec stands for high security. When someone does a crime, should ( really ) pay for it, not just flagged for 15 min and lose some security status.

I know people don't want to relate to real world but I do. When you do a crime, you pay dearly for it. Eve is a game so you won't go to prison but you should pay a lot more for killing a ship in high sec.

A day flagged as a criminal maybe. If you wanna do crimes, at least put some effort in it.
Pay a fine to Concord also. 10 mil for a frigate, 50 mil for a freighter. Just an example.

I'm sure it's frustrating having no chance against suicide groups. Even more frustrating that they don't really pay for their crime.
Dave Stark
#2 - 2014-05-05 21:02:52 UTC
or you could just engage your brain, and take the minimal and easy steps to not getting ganked.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-05-05 21:05:15 UTC
Pcr wrote:
Eve is a game

This is the only thing you got right.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Noriko Mai
#4 - 2014-05-05 21:05:34 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
or you could just engage your brain, and take the minimal and easy steps to not getting ganked.

But.. erm...

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#5 - 2014-05-05 21:07:47 UTC
Pcr wrote:
High sec stands for high security. When someone does a crime, should ( really ) pay for it, not just flagged for 15 min and lose some security status.

I know people don't want to relate to real world but I do. When you do a crime, you pay dearly for it. Eve is a game so you won't go to prison but you should pay a lot more for killing a ship in high sec.

A day flagged as a criminal maybe. If you wanna do crimes, at least put some effort in it.
Pay a fine to Concord also. 10 mil for a frigate, 50 mil for a freighter. Just an example.

I'm sure it's frustrating having no chance against suicide groups. Even more frustrating that they don't really pay for their crime.

How much did you lose?
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#6 - 2014-05-05 21:07:50 UTC
posting in stealth "I auto pilot my freighter into jita full of officer mods and went to watch desperate housewives" Thread.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#7 - 2014-05-05 21:09:23 UTC
Simple steps to help avoid being ganked in a freighter:

DONT AFK AUTOPILOT.

Watch load value.

Have friends Web you into warp.

LOOK AT KILLBOARDS at systems on your route. 14 freighters ganked in Balle in the last 5 hours? PROBABLY BEST TO AVOID THAT PIPE.

Don't smack talk in local.

Don't run to the forums and cry when you gent ganked. Confirming that you are making yourself a target doing this.

DONT AFK AUTOPILOT.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#8 - 2014-05-05 21:09:24 UTC
Pcr wrote:
They already do.

Quote:
Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to avoid both those scenarios.
Paranoid Loyd
#9 - 2014-05-05 21:09:43 UTC
You played the role of the hauler, they played the role of the pirates that took your stuff.

Maybe you should learn to protect your things better if you are going to be a hauler.

Don't be mad because they did their job and you didn't do yours.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#10 - 2014-05-05 21:09:55 UTC
Anybody want to guess how much the OP lost?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Pcr
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-05-05 21:10:22 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

I just saw an empty freighter today on eve-kill, I wonder what could he do...
The mighty freighter combat fit ?

Don't be stupid...I know it's a hard thing to ask but refrain shitposting.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#12 - 2014-05-05 21:10:40 UTC
Good thread. +1 to EVE.

Remove standings and insurance.

Pcr
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-05-05 21:11:18 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

ZERO. NADA. I knew this would be the first thought about it.
Pcr
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-05-05 21:12:33 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
You played the role of the hauler, they played the role of the pirates that took your stuff.

Maybe you should learn to protect your things better if you are going to be a hauler.

Not sure if you read the high sec part and police all over the place.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#15 - 2014-05-05 21:12:34 UTC
Pcr wrote:
When someone does a crime, should ( really ) pay for it

Well, you did pay for your crime of being utterly clueless. Where is the problem?

Invalid signature format

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#16 - 2014-05-05 21:12:39 UTC
Pcr wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

ZERO. NADA. I knew this would be the first thought about it.

9th, actually.

It was the 9th reply in the thread.

So if you didn't die, why cry about it?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#17 - 2014-05-05 21:12:58 UTC
Pcr wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I just saw an empty freighter today on eve-kill, I wonder what could he do...
The mighty freighter combat fit ?

Don't be stupid...I know it's a hard thing to ask but refrain shitposting.

you fly over 1B worth of hull in space... into area filled with pilots...

use scout?

you know it's mmo right? play WITH other people maybe?
Doreen Kaundur
#18 - 2014-05-05 21:13:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Doreen Kaundur
Give Concord some teeth

[center]1. Minor navigation color change. 2. Show bookmarks in the overview.[/center]

Victor Andall
#19 - 2014-05-05 21:14:37 UTC
I read the Post and then immediately disregarded it because OP is just a forum alt.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Paranoid Loyd
#20 - 2014-05-05 21:15:47 UTC
Pcr wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

Not sure if you read the high sec part and police all over the place.

Its a relative term, if its was called "completely safe sec" then you might have an argument, but its not, learn to eve.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

123Next pageLast page