These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Player Gates

Author
Serene Repose
#21 - 2014-05-04 18:07:36 UTC
Fred will have the first gate up and operational. Fred is really good about things like this.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#22 - 2014-05-04 18:11:48 UTC
WASPY69 wrote:
ST0NER SMURF wrote:
i put my mony on goons, there filthy rich ;o

Your money would be better invested in English spelling lessons.

ftfu

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2014-05-04 18:44:08 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Don't you have to build a gate on both sides anyway?

It might not be a conventional stargate though. The original EVE gate was a stable wormhole. This new type of gate could be a wormhole generator or something similar.

Think more on the lines of Sansha Tech. The gate opens up a wormhole to another sector of known space. Only problem is once it's locked and activated, it can't be repositioned and more importantly, it's just a one way ticket there with no way back. It's only good for a surprise invasion attack as well as a shortcut for reinforcements and supplies.

Something to think about.

DMC
Dominus Tempus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-05-04 18:49:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominus Tempus
I don't understand why people think the gate in the video is something as mundane as a stargate.

It can't be, actually. The Amarr wouldn't be calling them heretics for building it, if it was a stargate. (They build their own, see?)

Some info from the Eve Prophecy Chronicle:

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/The_Prophecy_of_Macaper_(Chronicle)
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Seven_Events_of_the_Apocalypse (Easier to read fast and gather the info)

Many of the quotes in the Prophecy trailer were taken from the unfolding events predicted by Damella Macaper's chronicle.

The fifth calamity was of particular interest to me:

“the little brother makes the final sorrowful steps home; he is not welcome”
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#25 - 2014-05-04 18:51:42 UTC
Dominus Tempus wrote:
. The Amarr wouldn't be calling them heretics for building it

The Amarr call me a heretic for draining the blood from children, so like, go figure what else those nutters consider heresy

They will be after hamburgers and drive throughs and football and apple pie next

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-05-04 18:53:13 UTC
Dominus Tempus wrote:
I don't understand why people think the gate in the video is something as mundane as a stargate.

It can't be, actually. The Amarr wouldn't be calling them heretics for building it, if it was a stargate. (They build their own, see?)

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Seven_Events_of_the_Apocalypse (Easier to read fast and gather the info)

Many of the quotes in the Prophecy trailer were taken from the unfolding events predicted by Damella Macaper's chronicle.

I saw that, I thought about it as well. It begs the question, are we really returning to the Terran system?

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Adunh Slavy
#27 - 2014-05-04 18:55:02 UTC
Dominus Tempus wrote:

I think it was Blood Raiders in the vid, the station was, I'm pretty sure, a Blood Raider Citadel.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#28 - 2014-05-04 18:58:47 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Dominus Tempus wrote:

I think it was Blood Raiders in the vid, the station was, I'm pretty sure, a Blood Raider Citadel.

I just teared up and felt so so proud

Go my brothers and sisters!

BRING US CLOSER TO GOD

Lucius Lure
Obertura
#29 - 2014-05-04 19:18:10 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Dominus Tempus wrote:

I saw that, I thought about it as well. It begs the question, are we really returning to the Terran system?

No, the 4 empires get a little brother back?
TigerXtrm
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2014-05-04 19:49:07 UTC
Since the sov mechanics are being overhauled before we get player built gates, chances are astronomical that the current blue doughnut will be in tiny little crumbs by the time player built gates go live.

So trying to predict this with current powers is just stupid.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Hideo Gariushi
Doomheim
#31 - 2014-05-04 20:02:30 UTC
Lucius Lure wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Dominus Tempus wrote:

And whom might that be? The Jove?
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-05-04 20:06:02 UTC
Hideo Gariushi wrote:
Lucius Lure wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Dominus Tempus wrote:

And whom might that be? The Jove?

Aren't we the little brother compared to them?

Harry Forever
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2014-05-04 20:17:35 UTC
I'm sure the gate leads to fedo land.
Hideo Gariushi
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-05-04 20:19:39 UTC
My second guess would be Sansha.. but he isn't exactly gone is heCool
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#35 - 2014-05-04 20:48:30 UTC
Let's speculate.
Quote:
The fourth calamity is described as “the appetite of nothing expands over the world”.

That could talk about the rogue drones coming out in mass and spreading over the empires. As rogue drones are considered soulless machines, despite displays of sentience, they could fill the role of 'nothing' doing something. And they do have an appetite to consume and reshape whatever they get their hands on.

Quote:
The fifth calamity is described as “the little brother makes the final sorrowful steps home; he is not welcome”.

This may be the Jove going to where the sleepers, the only other ancient empire left, are residing in an attempt to find help for their ongoing extinction and find themselves rejected, maybe even leading to the end of the Jove as a race.

Quote:
The sixth calamity is described as “what was many now becomes one when one becomes four”.

Again I interpret as all the spreading rogue drone hives becoming united under one hive mind while the four empires dissolve CONCORD in an attempt to gain control over Capsuleers and are only capable to do so because the Jove are no longer there to apply pressure against it.

Quote:
The seventh calamity is described as the “return of the dark light from the heart of the mother”.

I interpret this as the EVE Gate either opening or emitting another destructive pulse that wrecks the cluster. Either way, this is the final and most destructive calamity and it may motivate us to look for greener pastures.

So, what would you make of it under the light of recent developments?
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#36 - 2014-05-04 20:49:15 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
I'm sure the gate leads to fedo land.

The Fedo Pile?

Arronicus
Upside Down Thinking Face
Black Rise Matters
#37 - 2014-05-04 20:57:34 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:

It might not be a conventional stargate though. The original EVE gate was a stable wormhole. This new type of gate could be a wormhole generator or something similar.

We already have wormhole generators though, they're just not 100% efficient (Don't garauntee the formation of a wormhole, just increase the probability)
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2014-05-04 20:59:23 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Let's speculate.
Quote:
The fourth calamity is described as “the appetite of nothing expands over the world”.

That could talk about the rogue drones coming out in mass and spreading over the empires. As rogue drones are considered soulless machines, despite displays of sentience, they could fill the role of 'nothing' doing something. And they do have an appetite to consume and reshape whatever they get their hands on.

Quote:
The fifth calamity is described as “the little brother makes the final sorrowful steps home; he is not welcome”.

This may be the Jove going to where the sleepers, the only other ancient empire left, are residing in an attempt to find help for their ongoing extinction and find themselves rejected, maybe even leading to the end of the Jove as a race.

Quote:
The sixth calamity is described as “what was many now becomes one when one becomes four”.

Again I interpret as all the spreading rogue drone hives becoming united under one hive mind while the four empires dissolve CONCORD in an attempt to gain control over Capsuleers and are only capable to do so because the Jove are no longer there to apply pressure against it.

Quote:
The seventh calamity is described as the “return of the dark light from the heart of the mother”.

I interpret this as the EVE Gate either opening or emitting another destructive pulse that wrecks the cluster. Either way, this is the final and most destructive calamity and it may motivate us to look for greener pastures.

So, what would you make of it under the light of recent developments?

Very interesting interpretations of calamities.

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-05-04 21:05:20 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:

We already have wormhole generators though, they're just not 100% efficient (Don't garauntee the formation of a wormhole, just increase the probability)

This could be an evolution of that technology.

KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#40 - 2014-05-04 21:33:59 UTC
Quote:

I am almost sure this has to do with our clones.

Remember in the CCP presents presentation?

They talked about how we would be able to jump from our EVE clone to out Valkrie clone and to our Dust clone with the same character but that this would require a sort of databate that stores our collective conscience.
It was also mentioned that we would have 4 states of being, no idea what the fourth state is besides the 3 games.

Right now we are many, we will become one if all our consciences get stored in this database [yes I believe this database will be a lore thing]
When one becomes four is again mentioning that our conscience will have 4 states of being: EVE, Dust/Legion, Valkyrie and whatever the fourth one might be.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.