These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1901 - 2014-05-03 17:14:51 UTC
I seriously cant see the Hyp hitting those numbers in in one fit, much less projecting them to lock range with selectable damage*.

*It will "lose" this in the summer.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1902 - 2014-05-03 18:49:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
I'm going to revisit an issue that a few people (including myself) brought up: when are we going to see the stats on the new drone modules? In addition to low-slot omnidirectionals there are supposed to be Faction drone navigation computers and drone damage amplifiers, and this could radically influence how people both perceive and fit the proposed Rattlesnake. For a release that's a mere month away I'm surprised we haven't seen any information on this...

Case in-point: while the new Gecko doesn't make or break the Rattlesnake, I think we can all agree that it puts the "Hero" drone bonus into the "+" column for this rebalance.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1903 - 2014-05-03 19:22:03 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
I'm going to revisit an issue that a few people (including myself) brought up: when are we going to see the stats on the new drone modules? In addition to low-slot omnidirectionals there are supposed to be Faction drone navigation computers and drone damage amplifiers, and this could radically influence how people both perceive and fit the proposed Rattlesnake. For a release that's a mere month away I'm surprised we haven't seen any information on this...

Case in-point: while the new Gecko doesn't make or break the Rattlesnake, I think we can all agree that it puts the "Hero" drone bonus into the "+" column for this rebalance.

This is indeed relavent.
For instance i very rarely buy faction/deadspace gear esp for highsec but i will put caldari navy BCU on my new snake to cope with the CPU issues as much as the dps increase. As long as i avoid further bling it shouldn't be overly gank magnet material.
The new drone modules could significantly alter the fits i am going to try.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1904 - 2014-05-03 19:24:54 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

In PvE, the moment two elite frigs web it outside 10km when you have a Rattlesnake, I'm not sure how it can survive.

If it's indeed in such a limited supply as someone suggested...

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1905 - 2014-05-03 19:24:59 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
This is indeed relavent.
For instance i very rarely buy faction/deadspace gear esp for highsec but i will put caldari navy BCU on my new snake to cope with the CPU issues as much as the dps increase. As long as i avoid further bling it shouldn't be overly gank magnet material.
The new drone modules could significantly alter the fits i am going to try.

I'm also curious if we're going to see a low-slot drone navigation module or if this will just be a Faction version of the mid-slot version. What about Deadspace versions? (we already have Officer, rare as they are)

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1906 - 2014-05-03 19:26:19 UTC
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:
In PvE, the moment two elite frigs web it outside 10km when you have a Rattlesnake, I'm not sure how it can survive. If it's indeed in such a limited supply as someone suggested...

It's initially a limited supply, but CCP Seagull hinted at a "community endeavour" (my words) to unlock or release more of them. I guess you fit rapid light launchers to shoot the frigates...

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1907 - 2014-05-03 19:27:45 UTC
RLML? Where did that come from?

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1908 - 2014-05-03 19:28:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:
RLML? Where did that come from?

Weren't we talking about the Rattlesnake?

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1909 - 2014-05-03 19:37:05 UTC
Quote:
I guess you fit rapid light launchers to shoot the frigates...

Where did that come from?

Last time I talked about launchers, I was telling how to use cruise launchers on everything down to cruiser and the modules required for it, while saying that anything smaller is Sentry-BLAP fodder.

The reason I'm particular about drone loss is that even though I pay attention to my drones, when one is at 6km and gets frigates web it, recalling it with 70% of it's shields intact... it's not coming back.
And that was just a light drone with only a few frigates on it, while the Gecko will be also targeted by BC and BS rats, if they so decide.

I hope no troll will suggest I fit a remote repair module on my ship.
And the suggestion of not using it until I have a steady way of obtaining more is unnecessary.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1910 - 2014-05-03 19:51:58 UTC
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:

You raised the question of what would happen when your Gecko got webbed by frigates; I merely suggested shooting the frigates. Maybe drones are primary and missiles secondary.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1911 - 2014-05-03 19:54:53 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:

You raised the question of what would happen when your Gecko got webbed by frigates; I merely suggested shooting the frigates. Maybe drones are primary and missiles secondary.

I am not sure people struggling to kill elite frigs in PVE can be helped.
Best not to try is what i have learned.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

stoicfaux
#1912 - 2014-05-03 20:15:33 UTC
Barton Breau wrote:
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Sure more paper DPS, but why on earth bother with it, without flying it one can see just how management heavy it has become.

Dunno, I always tried to fly my Rattlesnake with as much gank and as little gank as possible.
Based on my previous times with a CNR, it shouldn't be really worse.
TP is now 5 seconds, and we have the LMJD.

Heck, for a time I had a mission alt, ran a CNR with the Rattlesnake (back when there was no microdrive and Tp was 10 seconds), this will be much easier!

Now FITTING it properly, that will be a game of tradeoffs...
...that I - in my masochistic ways - am almost looking forward to!
Though I would like to do so without a CPU rig/module.

Hmm, tradeoffs, if we assume just cruise sniping and just bs, how many tp, radius, and exp velocity stuff would one need?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4529057#post4529057

Rigs plus one TP, where the TP is needed for Angel and Mercenary Battleships.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1913 - 2014-05-03 20:52:10 UTC  |  Edited by: KaDa en Bauldry
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
I merely suggested shooting the frigates. Maybe drones are primary and missiles secondary.
Sounded more like a claim than a suggestion.
Must be my bad.

Drones primary and missiles secondary...
The missiles are not THAT secondary that I'd ruin the ship with a Rapid Light. At the very most Rapid Heavies.

But going further, you have one drone in space.
It does omnidamage, which is nice for PvP, but for PvE some of it will high the highest resists, some the lowest, instead of two heavies hitting the rat's resist hole.
It has 20k EHP (may be off), but most of it in hull, so once you recall (because you will recall once it's primary of a whole pocket), it will be pretty much unusable for that mission.
Letting it out while elite frigs are around is a no-no.
You can carry a maximum of 3 of them, but assuming you carry a flight of sentries and lights as well, you are down to either one spare Gecko "flight" and no extras from the other kinds of drones, or the other way around (with half a sentry extra only).

Once more, drone utility lost, through lost drone bay, but this time I agree with that more than ever (was sceptic 'till now).
Quote:
I think we can all agree that it puts the "Hero" drone bonus into the "+" column for this rebalance.

And I think I need more data until I agree with that, and it needs to be convincing.

Now for PvP, it sounds rather intriguing, but somehow I can almost imagine Ishtars liking it more (2/2/1 setup).

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1914 - 2014-05-03 20:56:02 UTC
IMO for PvE (which is not my specialty at all, listen to stoicfaux if his opinion is different from mine), Cruise Missiles + Sentries. Tight fitting obviously, but the Sentries can handily deal with frigate NPCs if you throw the painter out on them, while the Cruises hammer away at anything bigger.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1915 - 2014-05-03 21:42:21 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
"Management heavy" is the new complaint now?

"Grr, I have to pay attention to what I'm doing".

Hardly, I am afraid you are missing the point.
any ship can be flown
Some require a much more hands on approach, switching weapons for range,launching and monitoring drones, recalling drones, repeatedly, switching ammo, switching painters, switching drones, switching tracking scripts. etc etc.
Some you press F1

The rattlesnake now requires much more management
Management does not equal fun.
Details detailed all through the thread.
So why would one fly the rattlesnake when there are better ships, that require less faffing about with?

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1916 - 2014-05-03 21:43:36 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

any ship can be flown
Some require a much more hands on approach, switching weapons for renege, switching ammo, switching painters, switching drones, switching tracking scripts. etc etc.
Some you press F1

So why would one fly the rattlesnake when there are better ships, that require less faffing about with?

So you want to be afk. Gotcha.

The rest of us want to play the game. Playing the game involves, you know, doing things.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1917 - 2014-05-03 21:44:33 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

any ship can be flown
Some require a much more hands on approach, switching weapons for renege, switching ammo, switching painters, switching drones, switching tracking scripts. etc etc.
Some you press F1

So you want to be afk. Gotcha.

The rest of us want to play the game. Playing the game involves, you know, doing things.

no.
As people have said for many many pages.
not fun, A pain in the arse. There is a difference.
I am not trying to be argumentative with you, a lot of people really do not Like the ship as it is, It seems you do, and I can respect your opinion.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1918 - 2014-05-03 21:46:34 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

no.

You just told me "having to work harder than afk drones and passive tank = bad."

That's all I needed to hear.

Best Meltdown Ever.

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1919 - 2014-05-03 21:51:47 UTC  |  Edited by: KaDa en Bauldry
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
any ship can be flown
Some require a much more hands on approach, switching weapons for range,launching and monitoring drones, recalling drones, repeatedly, switching ammo, switching painters, switching drones, switching tracking scripts. etc etc.
Some you press F1

Did you not switch drones based on range before?
Didn't need to recall drones before?
Repeatedly?
You complained about the missile velocity bonus lost so I assume you used them, but didn't use target painters before?
Or didn't need to switch them?
Didn't need to switch tracking scripts until now?
Or ammo?
Ect ect ect?

All these you needed to do already when trying to bring the best out of the snake, the changes didn't suddenly introduce all this.

Drone monitoring was "ruined" or introduced as the mission AI was upgraded, and that was ages ago.
Scripts were introduced when the Omni became an active module (and got nerfed), also not a new thing.
Missiles were always like that.
TPs even became more easy to handle lately.

epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Why did you fly it until now?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1920 - 2014-05-03 21:54:54 UTC
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:
Why did you fly it until now?

For the bonused light drones, duh.

Best Meltdown Ever.