These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ships Re-designed

First post
Author
Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-05-02 20:59:26 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Caldari 5 wrote:
WTF a Symetrical Caldari Ship, they are killing the flavour of Caldari :(

Aw, come on, the old designs are hideous... sure, we are used to them, but I take a new, semi symetric, ANIMATED model over what we have got right now, any day...

Looking good there, keep it up! Smile

Meh, detail and animated shinies can only get that far without a theme, without it every ship will start to look like tangle of polygons teh same armor models in some recent fanatasy games looked like.
Hav0cide
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#42 - 2014-05-02 21:06:55 UTC
All we need now is a new Falcon design, its friggin ugly for a 'stealth' ship .

Probably why It has a cloak. xD

The Sadistic Clowns - Recruiting new players who want to learn PVP/PVE/Exploration. Join our channel - 'Clowns recruits'

Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2014-05-02 21:45:11 UTC
I am seriously questioning the taste of the people who liked the old Typhoon. Y'all should go into Re-customization and give yourself the two blind white eyes.
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#44 - 2014-05-02 21:48:03 UTC
Prt Scr wrote:
rig slots on freighters, a extra high slot on blockade runners and undisclosed buff to deep space transports (now with extra cargo space)

Rig slots on Freighters ????

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#45 - 2014-05-02 21:52:22 UTC
Dalloway Jones wrote:
I am seriously questioning the taste of the people who liked the old Typhoon. Y'all should go into Re-customization and give yourself the two blind white eyes.

Dude the Phoon...it has lost the classic penis pump design.

And you know damned well one of the designers ran out of ideas and just looked over at the knight stand and had an idea.

Leezir
Doomheim
#46 - 2014-05-02 22:22:34 UTC
Typhoon looks awesome but the Moa looks like the Prophecy
Prince Damien
#47 - 2014-05-02 22:57:42 UTC
I like the Condor hull alot.

But, I wonder what happened to all the other redesigns that was shown earlier. 2012 I think?
Only seen the concept of those. I would like to know if they will make an appearance or not.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#48 - 2014-05-02 23:00:32 UTC
Amazing....pretty caldari ships in eve. Why is there no smiley for tears of joy?
Mr Duffo
SQUIDS.
#49 - 2014-05-03 08:27:51 UTC
Typhoon is great! Well all of them are but typhoon realy kicks

Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir!

Never forget! #OICXmassacre2014

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#50 - 2014-05-03 08:33:50 UTC
I can say, new typhoon is the same story like with new scorpion, from ugly duckling to a beauty. I like this design, fleet of typhoons like a shoal of sharks.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#51 - 2014-05-03 08:46:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Anna Karhunen wrote:
On one hand, Moa looks sweet. So sweet that I will definitely use it lot more. On the other hand, I do miss the suitcase. Yes, I am weird like that.

After second look, you will see it have two suitcases now, moving downwards in warp mode.
Corpii Herald
Doomheim
#52 - 2014-05-03 08:55:15 UTC
It looks like the Imicus has finally de-throned the Moa.
Nick Kumamoto
Doomheim
#53 - 2014-05-03 09:36:59 UTC
So the Eagle will get a bit of this love too I hope?

Most of what I write in terms of posts and/or comments is meant as "tongue-in-cheek", i.e. part irony, part sarcasm but meant in good fun.

On a more serious note. I want to marry CCP karkur. Is there a EVE dating service I can call?

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2014-05-03 09:42:47 UTC
Caldari was always my favourite looking race, and the new Moa is a disappointing step in the wrong direction. The condor is an improvement, definitely, even if it looks a lot like a fighter, but you've taken the flavour, and distinctive, against the grain design of the moa away, in favour of some asymmetrical flavourless heap. It lacks creativity, personality, or distinction. Sure, the old model really needs a visual revamp, perhaps some fine tuning, a better paint job, and some small changes, but the new design just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#55 - 2014-05-03 09:44:20 UTC
Barton Breau wrote:
Shalua Rui wrote:
Caldari 5 wrote:
WTF a Symetrical Caldari Ship, they are killing the flavour of Caldari :(

Aw, come on, the old designs are hideous... sure, we are used to them, but I take a new, semi symetric, ANIMATED model over what we have got right now, any day...

Looking good there, keep it up! Smile

Meh, detail and animated shinies can only get that far without a theme, without it every ship will start to look like tangle of polygons teh same armor models in some recent fanatasy games looked like.

This. They don't need to all be amended to look like giant fighter jets and bombers when there isn't the constraints of aerodynamics. The old designs weren't hideous, either.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#56 - 2014-05-03 09:46:35 UTC
Typhoon: Good Job.

Condor: Somewhat ok.

Moa: Symmetry is boring.

Remove standings and insurance.

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#57 - 2014-05-03 09:48:34 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
Moa

Condor

Typhoon

p.s. release date is June 3. Now I really have to go I'm late Cool

Stunning new designs, thanks ccp for listening, great looking art, now turn the crucifier upside down and I'll be happy.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#58 - 2014-05-03 09:50:54 UTC
they all look good but i'm especially excited about the typhoon. thing looks like a cross between a stabber and a nidhoggur now :D
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#59 - 2014-05-03 09:55:34 UTC
Dreadlord Abraham wrote:
I am pretending that I pay attention to what my ship looks like when staring at a mostly black screen with moving colored squares

I don't think I've ever met someone who does PVP with the camera fully zoomed in like I do

then again, that may be why my kb is so horrid Lol
Hideo Gariushi
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-05-03 10:03:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Hideo Gariushi
The Moa re-design looks promising (let's face it.. while deadly when fitted properly, it reminds me more of Matari ships it the "how is this able to fly" manner). For all the "asymetry" advocates, the sketch cleary has a WIP sign on it.. a lot can change in 1 month.