These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#1821 - 2014-05-02 18:41:25 UTC
so there were black...

still, my three guesses were right :3

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1822 - 2014-05-02 18:47:35 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
so there were black…

Stealth black… Not 100% on the Mordu battleship, but the cruiser and frigate are pretty sweet…! The only thing some of us were all wrong on was the Caldari-Minmatar racial line, thinking we already had enough Caldari-Gallente versions (even though Mordu's Legion is Caldari-Gallente).

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1823 - 2014-05-02 18:47:43 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Mordu's Legion official! Caldari-Gallente missile-based ships with extended scram range, woot! And they're black!

Sensible combination.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1824 - 2014-05-02 18:49:17 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Sensible combination.

This is the Rattlesnake everyone's secretly hoping for...

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1825 - 2014-05-02 18:50:12 UTC
I will be honest, the Mordu's ships make me want to train missiles.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#1826 - 2014-05-02 18:56:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
i dnt know if i liked the look of the BS.

the new phoon on the other hand, shexy.

edit- also looked like 8 missiles hard points...though its just artwork atm.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Phoenix22
H.I.D.R.I.A Industries
#1827 - 2014-05-02 18:56:57 UTC
i think that blood raiders Bhaalgorn shot be switch with blood raiders apocalypse the design is much better and more suitable
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1828 - 2014-05-02 18:59:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Omnathious Deninard
Daichi Yamato wrote:
i dnt know if i liked the look of the BS.

the new phoon on the other hand, shexy.

edit- also looked like 8 missiles hard points...though its just artwork atm.

The BS kinda looked like a Tick. Lol

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1829 - 2014-05-02 19:00:27 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Sensible combination.

This is the Rattlesnake everyone's secretly hoping for...

I didn't want to be accused of ranting.... but since you mention it, it does rather seem like the nail in the coffin for the rattlesnake.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#1830 - 2014-05-02 19:00:28 UTC
Apparently either the Gallente are secretly backing all sorts of people, or their ship designers need to rethink security.

Serpentis
Angel
Gurista
SOE
Mordu's Legion

I can see the last two just plain hiring teams...SOE are kinda creepy humanitarian and Mordu are mercs that dont engage in Piracy for its own sake. But seriously, everybody and their dog rips off Gallente ship schematics.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1831 - 2014-05-02 19:03:37 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
Apparently either the Gallente are secretly backing all sorts of people, or their ship designers need to rethink security.

Serpentis
Angel
Gurista
SOE
Mordu's Legion

I can see the last two just plain hiring teams...SOE are kinda creepy humanitarian and Mordu are mercs that dont engage in Piracy for its own sake. But seriously, everybody and their dog rips off Gallente ship schematics.

Well they are the people who gave us all the Megathron afterall.
Mike Voidstar
#1832 - 2014-05-02 19:14:41 UTC
On the other hand, can we trade the Gurista and Mordu battleship hulls?

That flat deck screams carrier to me.
Joe Boirele
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1833 - 2014-05-02 19:15:48 UTC
Does anyone know the stats of the mordu's legion ships?

Enemies are just friends who stab you in the front.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!"

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1834 - 2014-05-02 19:28:09 UTC
OK - it's time for a serious Rattlesnake discussion… All the Pirate Faction ships (including the new Mordu's Legion line) have an EW specialty… except the Rattesnake. First and foremost, sole credit for the inspiration behind this proposal goes to Mournful. The Rattlesnake returns to its original 4 launchers but retains the missile damage bonus. It loses the bonus to sentry drones but gains +50mbit bandwidth so it can field 2 Geckos, 4 heavy drones or 4 unbonused sentry drones. The main change is that the Rattlesnake loses it's shield resistance bonus in exchange for a series of ECM and target spectrum breaker bonuses and an extra mid (so players have the option of replacing the lost tank if so desired). Comments welcome.

RATTLESNAKE
Gallente Battleship Bonus: 10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage

Caldari Battleship Bonus: 10% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength
20% bonus to ECM optimal range and falloff
20% bonus to Target Spectrum Breaker effectiveness (impervious to effects)

Role Bonus:
275% bonus to heavy drone damage and hit points

Slot layout: 6H, 8M(+1), 6L; 0 turrets, 4 launchers
Fittings: 10000 PWG, 710 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 12750 / 8940(-358) / 9960
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 5350(+38) / 1154000ms / 4.59
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 94 / .128 / 99300000 / 18.45s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 100(-25) / 175(-225)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 100 / 7
Sensor strength: 30
Signature radius: 450(-10)

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#1835 - 2014-05-02 19:32:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Catherine Laartii
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Catherine Laartii wrote:
Even though I'm not the one you're asking the response for, I think we can all agree that the rattlesnake and gila would both be better off with their old drone bonuses and bays back. Maybe a little nerf on the drones for the gila, but other than that, 10% bonus to drone damage and hp for each of them was fine. rolling the missile damage bonuses into the role bonus as range was would be ideal.

If that occured the Gila would still be overshadowed by the Ishtar. The superdrone concept is to set them apart from the traditional drones ships; which are the ones that usually get a generic drone damage and HP bonus.

Part of the reason why it worked before is that the gila shield tanks WAY better than the ishtar, so while they both use drones they still have very different things they're good at. That, and the usage of missiles is still a HUGE advantage, especially with the dps bonuses, although omni-damage bonuses would have been best. Plus the Ishtar is a t2 hac, so it'd be like comparing oranges and limes. Still citrus, but still different.
KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1836 - 2014-05-02 19:43:47 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
OK - it's time for a serious Rattlesnake discussion… All the Pirate Faction ships (including the new Mordu's Legion line) have an EW specialty…

Like the Mach and the Nightmare, as the fastest and deadliest (respectively) EWAR platforms known to man.

A ship bonused only for Heavies?
People already cry for how it's being nerfed, and you make it worse?
And a tiny bay compared to the bandwidth, but over-bonused (15, am I counting that right?) drones.

Plus an EWAR bonus, that unlike Webs, doesn't help against rats.

Bhaal and Vindi add EWAR no other BS does, but ECM we already have.

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1837 - 2014-05-02 19:52:48 UTC
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:
And a tiny bay compared to the bandwidth, but over-bonused (15, am I counting that right?) drones.

100mbit bandwidth, still limited to 5 drones. Read the EW bonus again - it provides enhanced target spectrum disruption while rendering the activating ship immune. The more targeting ships - the more likely they lose their target lock. And it has an ECM bonus - but not one that outshines the Scorpion. The Armageddon has an EW bonus, so that's not entirely accurate.

Mike Voidstar
#1838 - 2014-05-02 19:52:49 UTC
Superdrones are unbalanced when you add too many of them.

The idea drops resistance to disruption for an increase in tank. 4 superdrone heavies is too much in the other direction, back to almost the original use of a standard drone bonus with heavies, but at double the damage.

Increasing it to 500%, leaving 50 bandwidth, but also having the bonus apply to the effects of Combat Utility drones would provide the focus on Ewar you want.

One Ewar drone would be the equivalent of 6---better than a full flight. You could in essence field one heavy and one web drone and each would be worth almost a full bonused flight. The combat utility drones are in need of a balance pass anyway, so this would be a good time to do that to make sure that this bonus didn't overpower them.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1839 - 2014-05-02 19:56:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Mike Voidstar wrote:
Superdrones are unbalanced when you add too many of them.

The idea drops resistance to disruption for an increase in tank. 4 superdrone heavies is too much in the other direction, back to almost the original use of a standard drone bonus with heavies, but at double the damage.

Increasing it to 500%, leaving 50 bandwidth, but also having the bonus apply to the effects of Combat Utility drones would provide the focus on Ewar you want.

One Ewar drone would be the equivalent of 6---better than a full flight. You could in essence field one heavy and one web drone and each would be worth almost a full bonused flight. The combat utility drones are in need of a balance pass anyway, so this would be a good time to do that to make sure that this bonus didn't overpower them.

Sure, I'm not opposed to the 50mbit bandwidth and increased heavy drone bonus. The main idea was to give it an expanded EW role that's unique. A bonused target spectrum breaker could add a really interesting element since it renders Rattlesnakes immune (but only Rattlesnakes), so it would be conducive to small gang or even solo roams. CCP Rise has indicated the missile bonuses extend to rapid light launchers as well, so with some light ECM, a solid target breaker and some "Hero" drones (that's the term they're using) - the Rattlesnake would be quite an interesting ship for PvP.

Would I fly a ship like this in PvE or PvP? Absolutely - without question. You can tank it for missions and the target breaker adds an interesting twist against NPC rats. As for PvP, this thing could and should roam solo - and with an array of weapons (ECM, missiles, drones and target breaker) can probably hold its own against any battleship or a small opposing force of cruisers or frigates.

KaDa en Bauldry
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1840 - 2014-05-02 20:06:19 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
KaDa en Bauldry wrote:

100mbit bandwidth, still limited to 5 drones. Read the EW bonus again - it provides enhanced target spectrum disruption while rendering the activating ship immune. The more targeting ships - the more likely they lose their target lock. And it has an ECM bonus - but not one that outshines the Scorpion. The Armageddon has an EW bonus, so that's not entirely accurate.

Not sure where the limit of 5 came from to the discussion, 4 drones times +275% is 15 for me, while it's becoming worse at sentries than a Megathron.
Not being able to launch two sets of drones is even worse than the EOS.

I'm not sure I like that immunity much.

Still haven't seen the light on this one, specially with how you make it *truly* useless for PvE.

Don't forget about ship insurance before undocking. Don't forget about copy-paste saving before posting.