These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Future of EVE

First post
Author
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#81 - 2014-05-02 12:26:48 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Thank god devs are too stubborn to change Eve into anything else than ruthless MMO where destruction is called consumption and freedom of choice has value.

yes thank god devs for never change and refuse Development of EVE

Well, guess you need to read up on the dev blogs. All the way from 2003.

Actually i have, its a endles list of updates and patches... well there was the time, many years ago, they inplemented wormspace... and caps... again many years ago. So i urge u to read thru the hole list ;)

EvE Online is a sandbox mmo-rpg, not a themepark mmo-rpg. Players are the content.

The Tears Must Flow

Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#82 - 2014-05-02 12:58:19 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Thank god devs are too stubborn to change Eve into anything else than ruthless MMO where destruction is called consumption and freedom of choice has value.

yes thank god devs for never change and refuse Development of EVE

Well, guess you need to read up on the dev blogs. All the way from 2003.

Actually i have, its a endles list of updates and patches... well there was the time, many years ago, they inplemented wormspace... and caps... again many years ago. So i urge u to read thru the hole list ;)

EvE Online is a sandbox mmo-rpg, not a themepark mmo-rpg. Players are the content.

EVE are both, Sandbox is the platform, Space is the theme and we are flying around in this park... and we never get out. Its like a bad dream, u try to get to the door, but u get further and further away from it.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#83 - 2014-05-02 13:47:13 UTC
EVE are both, Sandbox is the platform, Space is the theme and we are flying around in this park... and we never get out. Its like a bad dream, u try to get to the door, but u get further and further away from it.

Eve is the Hotel California.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#84 - 2014-05-02 13:50:58 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Eve is the Hotel California.

You can check-out any time you like

But you can never leave!

Big smile

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#85 - 2014-05-02 15:11:48 UTC
The only thing that'll kill this game is a radical change in the technology that catches CCP off guard leaving Eve Online behind as an antiquated old folks home for bittervets.

At this rate it's going to take a holodeck to do that.

(Of course if the holodeck were invented the closest we will be to playing space captains is Captain Kirk if you know what I mean)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#86 - 2014-05-02 15:18:18 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Those who will leave Eve for Space Citizen shouldn't be here in the first place.

And this is the truth. Some people are space game fans and just didn't see any other option than EVE so they come to EVe and live a space life of dissapointment lol. Those of us who like EVE for what it is are always going to be annoyed by people like that.

If Star Citizen and other game peel off those 'space sim misfits' that need their space gameplay via a joystick, more power to them, they will be happy , and we'll be happy to have fewer people begging ccp for changes to suit them.
Master Flakattack
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2014-05-02 16:59:11 UTC

You have got to be joking. Please tell me you're joking. Alternatively, stop posting.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#88 - 2014-05-02 17:47:00 UTC
Master Flakattack wrote:

You have got to be joking. Please tell me you're joking. Alternatively, stop posting.

me stop posting? never.
Vyl Vit
#89 - 2014-05-02 18:09:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Watch the FanFest keynotes and you'll come to see why there's really nothing to worry about.

/c

So, CCP are finally going to give up the ghost with DUST and concentrate on developing Eve still further? Smile
CCP "is", not "are". CCP IS A corporation. It isn't plural. An education goes a long way toward developing abstract reasoning.

If you possessed abstract reasoning abilities, then you'd readily realize "developing" EVE isn't "turning EVE into one of these, new, fabulous eye-candy monuments to the graphics card industry." It would also occur to you that for a game that's in need of evolving (I gather from the OP), EVE sure has a rather large, loyal playerbase. They (we) must be here for a reason.

You also seem to fail to realize, unlike other games you seem to be accustomed to, EVE's population isn't a bunch of flighty young teens ready to throw it all in to be the first in a rush to the next, really cool game! We do, however, applaud you if that's the sort of "gamer" you find yourself to be. Have at it.

That EVE should panic and try to patch a soon-to-be leaky boat because someone said technology today gives them the ability to see their dreams "through"...weird syntax as that may be...we have yet to see any of these fabulous games "realized." In fact, there HAVE been a series of games that (for sure) were going to alter the face of gaming permanently, making EVE (in particular) obsolete and unwanted.

Let's see there was SWTOR, FFXIV, ESO, Skyrim, ...somebody STOP meh!

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#90 - 2014-05-02 18:35:38 UTC
The future of EVE is bright as we continue to be swamped by "Eve is dying" threads.

It is ever thus. Big smile

Bring your possibles.

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#91 - 2014-05-02 18:41:37 UTC
Posting in yet another "EVE Is Screwed" thread.
(I hope there's a bountiful supply of these...wait.)

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Serene Repose
#92 - 2014-05-02 19:13:56 UTC
EVE's WHAT? When??? Huh? Hmmmm.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#93 - 2014-05-02 19:41:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Those who will leave Eve for Space Citizen shouldn't be here in the first place.

And this is the truth. Some people are space game fans and just didn't see any other option than EVE so they come to EVe and live a space life of dissapointment lol. Those of us who like EVE for what it is are always going to be annoyed by people like that.

If Star Citizen and other game peel off those 'space sim misfits' that need their space gameplay via a joystick, more power to them, they will be happy , and we'll be happy to have fewer people begging ccp for changes to suit them.

Wrong, who are you guys to say who can play Eve or any other game, and we might be happy to have fewer ppl putting down new ideas for Eve that don't suit them...

If anything would kill Eve it would be lack of change and stagnation, competition is healthy and who know it could bring more innovation and changes to Eve. ( and I'm not saying Eve is dying, I was playing when there where less than 6k on peak time, now that was a worrying moment)

Tal

marVLs
#94 - 2014-05-02 19:45:54 UTC
After todays EVE Keynote i see eve future as good as it could be, it will be better it will be awesome!
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2014-05-02 19:54:24 UTC
Barbara Nichole wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

star citizen? what? why? From what I can see Star Citizen isn't anything but wishful thinking and 3d model screen shots.

yes keep believing that if it helps you sleep at night
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#96 - 2014-05-02 20:42:42 UTC
marVLs wrote:
After todays EVE Keynote i see eve future as good as it could be, it will be better it will be awesome!

I dunno, after some of the stuff that guy was spewing, I think that if they actually tried to implement a lot of it, they'd find some rather big issues. (destructible NPC stations and all the possible implications of that alone makes me question what Hilmar was smoking when he appointed this guy.)

But what can we expect from the very same person that ran WoD into the ground?

Noriko Mai
#97 - 2014-05-02 20:46:24 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
marVLs wrote:

I dunno, after some of the stuff that guy was spewing, I think that if they actually tried to implement a lot of it, they'd find some rather big issues. (destructible NPC stations and all the possible implications of that alone makes me question what Hilmar was smoking when he appointed this guy.)

But what can we expect from the very same person that ran WoD into the ground?

It was just for marking and hype. Later in the stream CCP Seagul said "Everything player build should be destructible"

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein