These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dust on PC confirmed! (Project Legion)

First post
Author
Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#61 - 2014-05-02 14:50:32 UTC
I don't much care that DUST is moving to the PC.
I do care that CCP did a blatant bait and switch on the dust community just before FanFest.

There were a TON of events that encouraged us to buy Aurum to maximize the rewards from the events.
They basically tried to squeeze Aurum sales to the max before they abandon the PS3 community.

That's low.

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#62 - 2014-05-02 14:50:36 UTC
AWESOME!

THIS IS BEST NEWS IN A LONG TIME

WHY AM I YELLING? BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING OVER HOW AWESOME THIS IS

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#63 - 2014-05-02 14:53:12 UTC
Cat Troll wrote:
I do care that CCP did a blatant bait and switch on the dust community just before FanFest.

There were a TON of events that encouraged us to buy Aurum to maximize the rewards from the events.
They basically tried to squeeze Aurum sales to the max before they abandon the PS3 community.

That's low.

Read this linky: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2150763/meet-project-legion-the-epic-new-first-person-pc-shooter-from-eve-onlines-creators.html

Dust remains dust, till legion takes over if they ever get it of the ground, with the lessons learned from dust.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#64 - 2014-05-02 14:53:28 UTC
You can definitely tell the player base for DUST is a lot younger.

Now there is a call for CCP to send players free high-performance PCs.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Ooh, they know we're watching them too!

/waves

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#65 - 2014-05-02 14:53:42 UTC
I'm torn between whether this news is better than WoD getting one in the back of the head. Incidentally, for the WIS enthusiasts, this actually steps in the right direction for them to see some possible future developement.
Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#66 - 2014-05-02 14:55:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Troll
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Cat Troll wrote:

That's low.

Read this linky: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2150763/meet-project-legion-the-epic-new-first-person-pc-shooter-from-eve-onlines-creators.html

Dust remains dust, till legion takes over if they ever get it of the ground, with the lessons learned from dust.

DUST becomes the barely supported step child CCP doesn't care about, while Legion gets all the resources poured into it.

DUST is dead, the biggest faces of the community are saying "**** you" and are either biomassing their characters or are shaking their heads in disgust.

Not for the move to the PC, rather how they abandon the PS3 community without even saying a word at the keynote.

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."

Gothikia
#67 - 2014-05-02 14:55:48 UTC
Even though this is awesome, yes, we should also remember something very important.

CCP has now spent our sub money on two games that they've now cancelled. It might be time that CCP sit down and give us a better explanation (either at EVE Keynote, or CCP Presents) on why they've wasted our money in this way and why we should trust them with Legion. If this is going to be "What we should have done in the first place with Dust", then we want to know why you ****** up, where you ****** up and why what you're doing now is different and isn't going to be a waste of money.

At least I think all of us (even the dust bunnies) deserve that. You actually have to sell us on Legion since we're the ones who are (and will) spend money on it.

<3 Gothie

Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#68 - 2014-05-02 15:01:10 UTC
Gothikia wrote:
our money

Nop. its their money. you paid for eve sub you got the sub.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#69 - 2014-05-02 15:03:40 UTC
I have always liked Eve Online plus on FPS game. From 2006 until early 2012 that FPS game was COD2. For years I played COD2 until one day I tried to log into my usual server and it was gone. Sad

Since then no FPS game and I have moved on with my computers and never installed COD2 while forlornly looking on at the console kiddies as they played DUST.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kymn Mahn
Doomheim
#70 - 2014-05-02 15:03:41 UTC
Sad and still another "team" to take away from eve, so nothing new or big for eve.. waits for SC
LOL56
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#71 - 2014-05-02 15:04:01 UTC
**** YA, I will be able to play DUST without walking 6 blocks in the cold now.
Hoban Gallifrey
New Eden University
#72 - 2014-05-02 15:07:48 UTC
Kymn Mahn wrote:
Sad and still another "team" to take away from eve, so nothing new or big for eve.. waits for SC

Team was taken from DUST not EVE.
Xavier Holtzman
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#73 - 2014-05-02 15:08:37 UTC
Kymn Mahn wrote:

Something tells me you'll be waiting a looooooong time. Straight

I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities. I have something of value to contribute to this mission if only they would realize it. - Bill Frug

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2014-05-02 15:08:45 UTC
One of my fav parts in that topic:

dustguy1 wrote:
dustguy2 wrote:
Brilliant comeback. I'm glad your time at the DNSBlack school of thinking paid off. Next you'll say you were joking about crying over this and that you aren't legitimately upset.
Who is DNS black an eve tard . wait who are you? Oh never mind my tears are flooding my basement oh wait I don't live in my basement like you.

Note that the one asking who DNS black is happens to be part of Dirt Nap Squad on dust.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Gabriel Z
Krabulous
#75 - 2014-05-02 15:15:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
Gothikia wrote:
CCP has now spent our sub money on two games that they've now cancelled.

You spent your sub money to play EVE. What they do after that isn't really any of your business. If you enjoy what they're giving you access to, keep subbed. If not, don't.

While I agree that CCP could do almost everything better, that weird sort of logic that CCP is "accountable" to the playerbase is ludicrous.

{Snip quote/discussion of deleted post. -- ISD LackOfFaith}
Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2014-05-02 15:17:19 UTC
To be honest what they showed at the keynote barely had better graphics then dust on PS3. And i wonder how long CCP will take to actually port it over to PC. Didnt they mentioned it somewhat around a year? I would be more interested in those things:

-can the dust toons be taken from the PS3 to the PC? (cause its still TQ server i suppose)
-will assets, ISK and SP be wiped?
-What will the buisness modell be? (F2P, subscription or retail release)
-if its going to be sub based will it aswell be allowed to extend the sub by buying PLEX? (same market i suppose)
-is the PS3 Dust variant maybe used for cross play? (PC-PS3?)

Im kinda dissapointed by CCP that they are not releasing more information about this. Im worried that they screw up like they did with WOD. As far as it goes CCP only delivered 1 single game that is successfull and thats Eve online. Everything else is subpar or a total desaster.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#77 - 2014-05-02 15:17:49 UTC
Finally!!! I still don't understand why CCP wasted resources on some stupid console game.

The Tears Must Flow

Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#78 - 2014-05-02 15:21:51 UTC
Love it!
Gothikia
#79 - 2014-05-02 15:23:14 UTC
Gabriel Z wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
CCP has now spent our sub money on two games that they've now cancelled.

You spent your sub money to play EVE. What they do after that isn't really any of your business. If you enjoy what they're giving you access to, keep subbed. If not, don't.

While I agree that CCP could do almost everything better, that weird sort of logic that CCP is "accountable" to the playerbase is ludicrous.

Yeah, I agree with you pretty much. But after knowing CCP for nearly 11 years for me now, it's disheartening to see products part of the EVE Universe (which I've invested in) actually fail. I wanted Dust to be greatly successful, and the same thing with WoD. I think they could have made something truly unique with that, but sadly now we'll never know.

I'm just worried that history is going to repeat itself with Project Legion, which I'm greatly excited about.

<3 Gothie

True Sight
Deep Freeze Industries
#80 - 2014-05-02 15:24:00 UTC
Quote:
(Enjoy this post before it get's deleted)

LOL @ THE IGNORANT KID!

"A game nobody cares about" despite the explosion of excitement and cries of victory from a large portion of the CCP fanbase.

I think you've confused your own opinion of it as fact. You should get that looked at bro.

It is a game that nobody cares about. Their weekly max concurrency is <6k, it has a tiny, cult following, just like most games do, even star wars galaxies and warhammer online had cries of sadness when they announced the closure, they'll always be someone out there who thinks something is great.

What cries of victory are you talking about exactly? from the Fanfest stream perhaps? if so, you're taking what scientists would say is something along the lines of an biased sample group. Fanfest is the biggest most dedicated fans of CCP grouped into one place, of course they are going to cheer the game on no matter what.

Dust plays poorly, it's graphics are poor, the UI sucks, the tutorial is eve-quality. it's a bad game and it has been from day one.