These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CSM Panel - Fanfest 2014 Stream ... Waste of an Hour

First post
Author
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#1 - 2014-05-01 16:55:12 UTC
So, anyone else feeling like that CSM panel has just said

1. CSM thinks they are important
2. CSM has been told by CCP they are important
3. CSM is important
4. CSM does things that are important.

Seriously, I listened to the stream expecting some sort of intelligent conversation about in-depth details.. Why none of this cee cee pee?

-Buhhd
Erufen Rito
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#2 - 2014-05-01 16:56:20 UTC
Because, CSM is important man.

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Josef Djugashvilis
#3 - 2014-05-01 17:00:50 UTC
Folk like to moan about the CSM, but if CCP did away with the CSM, I would suggest that there would be a lot of folk complaining that we no longer had any player representation.

Don't like 'em or think they are useless?

Don't vote.

This is not a signature.

John Ending
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-05-01 17:01:21 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:

3. CSM is important

Seriously, I listened to the stream expecting some sort of intelligent conversation about in-depth details.. Why none of this cee cee pee?

-Buhhd

Did you catch the part about making bad posts...
mechform
#5 - 2014-05-01 17:02:04 UTC  |  Edited by: mechform
I can see why CSM is needed, but I kind of felt like they viewed every player that has an opinion as the 'enemy'. Great, they do lots of work and they contribute somehow to the game. All we have is them and ccp saying it.

They even had a good idea during their panel, of a 'how the csm helped along a certain aspect of the game snip it'. But as most good ideas presented to both ccp and the CSM, this will be lost in the 'business' aspect of the game, which we heard a lot about.

Black Power - Brotha's in space unite!

Marsha Mallow
#6 - 2014-05-01 17:04:23 UTC
Maybe its to get people to vote and stop babbling on about bloc voting v0v

Whining is a perfectly valid bloc imo, all the whiners should vote too (I forgot to this time, might whine at CCP about that for not reminding me)

Bounty each of them as an acknowledgement of their efforts, it's like a personal thank you note Cool

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#7 - 2014-05-01 17:04:45 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Folk like to moan about the CSM, but if CCP did away with the CSM, I would suggest that there would be a lot of folk complaining that we no longer had any player representation.

Don't vote.

You always find vocal people from both sides of the fence. The importance of the CSM can be gauged by the vote turnout, which is where? Some 10%? That's how important CSM is.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#8 - 2014-05-01 17:15:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.

/Someone from the CSM should be along later to reinforce this idea.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2014-05-01 17:27:48 UTC
If you dont like it i could come take your place and you can go home.
MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#10 - 2014-05-01 18:10:13 UTC
Hey OP: you could've used SPOILER warning there, you impudent lout. Now you've gone and spoiled the session for those of us who were going to catch the repeat on YouTube.

MDD [fakeOutrage]
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#11 - 2014-05-01 18:16:34 UTC
John Ending wrote:
Buhhdust Princess wrote:

3. CSM is important

-Buhhd

Did you catch the part about making bad posts...

Yes, i just wanted to be noticed! :(

Anyways, i appreciate the CSM talks a lot, but they talk a lot of **** in these panel things. I agree that actually the CSM is important, but the importance is defined by the people on it. Unfortunately, the people that were on it this time just spoke a load of old garbage, why wasn't there any actual information anyone wanted to hear?
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-05-01 18:33:20 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:

3. CSM is important

-Buhhd

Because that's not important when compared to the sheer value of the opportunity to EPEEN on Stream to the world. P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Beta Maoye
#13 - 2014-05-01 18:41:02 UTC
I have a feeling that the CSM election is downplayed this year. No pre-election. No email notification. Things are like rushing through.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#14 - 2014-05-01 18:47:52 UTC
Beta Maoye wrote:
I have a feeling that the CSM election is downplayed this year. No pre-election. No email notification. Things are like rushing through.

The real question will be is if CCP releases the total number of votes this year, and the percentage that was of the sub base. Because then we have some kind of comparison to last year's sub base for growth purposes.

Then again, if they conflate the Serenity sub base with the TQ sub base, all bets are off, and no subscription trends for TQ can be established.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#15 - 2014-05-01 19:51:09 UTC

Don't vote.

We don't have any player representation - CCP's proved that time and again. CSM is just an Icelandic Vacation Award program.
E Thatcher
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-05-01 20:43:49 UTC
Yes paid vacation for sure, but don't some of the big sheets deserve it for all their hardwork? But why try get more for their money by trying to enlist us in the belief that they are doing anything for voters?

Just make it so top ten community leaders or assigned representatives get a free trip to fanfest with a special interview asking their opinions, You know, kinda like the free ticket/backstage pass for press and groupies gets you a crack at the rock stars after concert motel room where they ask your opinions before taking you for a ride?

Come to think of it, Lets quit the pretenses altogether and just award aurum. That would really be representing my opinion.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2014-05-01 20:45:47 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:

Don't vote.

We don't have any player representation - CCP's proved that time and again. CSM is just an Icelandic Vacation Award program.

i do

you don't, because as an npc alt you barely exist

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#18 - 2014-05-01 21:09:43 UTC
I always had the urge to fast forward when Dolan started talking just to be reminded that this was a live stream.
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-05-01 21:16:18 UTC
nomad pls
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#20 - 2014-05-01 21:33:39 UTC
I didn't watch it yet but I can guess it's because most of the player base does not know the CSM exists despite their vital role in CCP development and accountability. And then there's another part of the player base who bash CSM as being at fault for the former because they don't talk enough about the important stuff they do. And then there's a segment of the player base who doesn't get why that's important.

It's weird till you remember that if you follow the CSM and understand what it does you are a vast minority of the EVE Community.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

123Next pageLast page