These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Cant' get the patch.

First post
Author
Willy Danker
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2014-04-29 17:54:11 UTC
Another update.... Launcher not working, cannot update.... What else is new! CCP is not concerned because we have no alternative but the launcher. It would be absolutely too easy to post the zipped file in a location that is accessible by those of us with rural slow IP connections. DUH....

But wait! We do have another alternative...... Almethea do you have the latest patch?
Yebo T'ey
Perkone
Caldari State
#202 - 2014-04-30 01:04:12 UTC
Yes please - would very much appreciate if someone could please link the most recent patch which I can't obtain with the goofy launcher.

Thanks in advance!
Kal Aith
Warrior Poets INC
#203 - 2014-04-30 01:44:06 UTC
Worked fine on my laptop this morning but my PC at home is failing the patch.

Repair is downloading a 700k file at a little over 700 BYTES per second. So basically stalled. Other internet stuff is working fine. Also hearing this from other players based in TX this evening.
Coras Aldeland
K32 Industries
#204 - 2014-04-30 03:36:28 UTC
It appears a small patch came out Monday but my launcher would never download it. I tried to log in using the executable and it said it downloaded the patch but it was corrupt. I tried to run the repair utility and it quit at around phase 3 or 4. I tried to launch the executable and it went and I was able to play for the few minutes I had left for the evening.
Tuesday I sat down to play and again was met with the exact same problems. The launcher never started the download, the executable said the patch downloaded but was corrupt, and repair quit in phase 6. I decided I would uninstall and start fresh as I have had hiccups in the past few patches. That is proving to be quite a disaster as well. At this rate I might be able to play this weekend. The transfer rate varies from 20 KB/s to 120 KB/s. I thought about downloading the offline installer but it was running even slower.

I'm curious but why the heck doesn't CCP use torrent technology to distribute patches/clients?
Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#205 - 2014-04-30 05:20:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Almethea
was too sick last days to play but here we go

2014-04-28 (300mb)
http://uptobox.com/igzxgcozqww9

2014-04-29 (18mb)
http://uptobox.com/rgg9trbypshb

there's so many thing to fix in eve.... and they fix forum ! GJ! but ok i like it !

CCP Fozzie : AFK cloaking, however, is an entirely social form of power

AngelFood
#206 - 2014-04-30 05:54:41 UTC
Willy Danker wrote:
Another update.... Launcher not working, cannot update.... What else is new! CCP is not concerned because we have no alternative but the launcher. It would be absolutely too easy to post the zipped file in a location that is accessible by those of us with rural slow IP connections. DUH....

But wait! We do have another alternative...... Almethea do you have the latest patch?

I don't think its your connection mate .. I'm on infinity which works fine, yet all of us here and more probably, get this problem on this same patch.
My ticket is posted and I patiently wait a response, while my sub wittles away again.
Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#207 - 2014-04-30 07:02:10 UTC
updated with last patch

there's so many thing to fix in eve.... and they fix forum ! GJ! but ok i like it !

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#208 - 2014-04-30 11:27:23 UTC
For future reference, CCP:

Give us at least 2 methods of acquiring a patch in the future to prevent this crap. This patch has been extremely disruptive.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#209 - 2014-04-30 11:37:01 UTC
Almethea wrote:
was too sick last days to play but here we go

2014-04-28 (300mb)
http://uptobox.com/igzxgcozqww9

2014-04-29 (18mb)
http://uptobox.com/rgg9trbypshb

Confirming these work. If you get an error while unpacking with the updater, hit ignore.
AngelFood
#210 - 2014-04-30 17:21:46 UTC
After getting the exception again and again I tried to click the start eve button on the exception window and recieved a message saying my client was corrupt, with a list of files which failed verification and advising me to reinstall the client.
code.ccp
bin\blue.dll
bin\db.dll
bin\destiny.dll
bin\evelocalization.dll
bin\exefile.exe
bin\extensions.dll
bin\nvapi.pyd
bin\_audio2.dll
bin\_gameworld.dll
bin\_planetresources.dll
bin\_trinity_dx11_deploy.dll
bin\_trinity_dx9_deploy.dll
bin\_twitch.dll
bin\vivox.dll

If I delete these files as advised on my first petition the verification fails saying 'none' where the file is missing instead of redownloading it .. the repair does not redownload them either.

I know for a fact if I use almethea's patch these files will miraculously not be corrupt any more, indicating it is the verification system which is failing. Reinstalling the whole client 5gb download is just another way to avoid verification it's not really replacing corrupt files just making the client upto date making no verification necessary.

I'm not using the patch atm because I want to resolve this and ccp will ignore it if I fix it using this patch link. So my isk is wasting while I wait for a response to my ever growing petition information.
AngelFood
#211 - 2014-05-01 10:38:32 UTC
I have just reset the protocol filtering under advanced settings in eset on eve files including repair.exe and even though I'm quite certain I had done this previously aswell as turning eset off completely, repair worked after that and a restart and updated my client ! o0
Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#212 - 2014-05-01 11:19:45 UTC
2014-05-01
http://uptobox.com/97opxm7vzufo

EvgenI De9
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#213 - 2014-05-06 12:12:50 UTC
Almethea wrote:

have you patch by 014-05-06? sorry my english
Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#214 - 2014-05-06 13:17:17 UTC
soon

Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#215 - 2014-05-06 16:06:23 UTC
2014-05-06
http://uptobox.com/b1ed0y9j1kz3

Coras Aldeland
K32 Industries
#216 - 2014-05-07 01:01:09 UTC
After the fiasco I had with the last patch I uninstalled and reinstalled the client from scratch. Why in the heck am I unable to download this patch now? This is getting damned tiresome CCP!
Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#217 - 2014-05-07 01:39:38 UTC
I am also having trouble downloading the patch. Typical POS from CCP.

Bring your possibles.

Hannibal Carlisle
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#218 - 2014-05-07 02:02:52 UTC
I started having patch issues with Rubicon. No other changes, everything else is fine. Did the standard tech support blame the ports/ firewall/ router/ underpants gnomes game with no resolution. It's disappointing to see this thread continue without updates or interactions from a support staff member while other more minor issues seem to get immediate attention.

Giant thanks to Almethea for all the patches, at this stage I wouldn't still be playing without someone hosting updates.
Neil armstrong
Honestly We didnt know
#219 - 2014-05-07 08:22:55 UTC
mine has failed with the last 2 patches both times iv had to go and download the whole game again.

now the launcher itself wont run either

Almethea
Trans Stellar Express
#220 - 2014-05-13 11:49:32 UTC
2014-05-13
http://uptobox.com/fe6kcouwywps